The normalisation of the far-right continues

Guest Bob Mahelp

32 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Poor examples because there was a huge backlash over all of them, (apart from maybe Steve Bell's) and in most cases they were forced to apologise.

13 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

How do you unwillingly rape someone?

Lozza doesn't seem the type who'd have a ready supply of excuses for how a man could rape a woman without it being their fault.

On 20/12/2022 at 15:31, williemillersmoustache said:

Convergence here of a topic on another thread. Is it worth ignoring obvious trolls? Or better to take their nonsense apart with wit, eloquence and an understanding of the subject matter the OP simply can only dream of.

Again, I find the existence of these other bangers in the replies very challenging to my current approach. 

The correct answer is ignore. there is absolutely no point in trying to engage in a debate with an ignorant people, they are not interested in facts or other side. they are right, of story. 

if this takes place face to face then they will most likely just turn up the volume and increase the amount of swearing they use. you could tie then up in knots but they won't concede. weather deliberate or not they succeed in their aim by wearing down the willingness of their opponent to continue & also put others off having a go at the same time

I once witnessed someone put across a very reasonable argument as to why leaving the EU would be possible but very difficult and costly at least in the short - medium term. the brexiteer simply responded with... FUCKIN SHITE! ABSOLUTE FUCKIN SHITE YA SLAVERIN c**t

Edited by effeffsee_the2nd

13 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Turn on your telly tonight to see the man the the woke lefties won't even allow on telly these days.

Hang on, surely they can’t all be buying this shi….

https://conservativehome.com/2022/12/27/our-survey-lee-anderson-is-backbencher-of-the-year/

oh. 

For any Tories out there who regard Sunak's premiership as a bit boring, and long for the fun filled days of Bojo and Truss, they need not fret. Apparently if Sunak fails, none other than Jacob Rees-Mogg is prepared to chuck his top hat into the ring as the next Tory P.M.  One of the born to rule cult. (No, CULT!)

That'll help cement these rebellious Sots into the Union and no mistake! 

Rejoice! 

On 25/12/2022 at 11:14, effeffsee_the2nd said:

The correct answer is ignore. there is absolutely no point in trying to engage in a debate with an ignorant people, they are not interested in facts or other side. they are right, of story. 

if this takes place face to face then they will most likely just turn up the volume and increase the amount of swearing they use. you could tie then up in knots but they won't concede. weather deliberate or not they succeed in their aim by wearing down the willingness of their opponent to continue & also put others off having a go at the same time

I once witnessed someone put across a very reasonable argument as to why leaving the EU would be possible but very difficult and costly at least in the short - medium term. the brexiteer simply responded with... FUCKIN SHITE! ABSOLUTE FUCKIN SHITE YA SLAVERIN c**t

I disagree. If someone is spouting superficially plausible shite and pretending to be reasonable i think a rebuttal is needed.

I prefer either facts or a direct character assassination but i can see the attraction of a witty riposte or withering put down. No more than one or two posts (one factual, one "f**k off c**t") should suffice. 

What i think should be avoided is engaging in a point by point debate. Especially with new members on here who head directly to the politics forum to explain why Tommy Robinson is unfairly misunderstood. 

2 hours ago, coprolite said:

I disagree. If someone is spouting superficially plausible shite and pretending to be reasonable i think a rebuttal is needed.

I prefer either facts or a direct character assassination but i can see the attraction of a witty riposte or withering put down. No more than one or two posts (one factual, one "f**k off c**t") should suffice. 

What i think should be avoided is engaging in a point by point debate. Especially with new members on here who head directly to the politics forum to explain why Tommy Robinson is unfairly misunderstood. 

FUCKIN....SHITE!

4 hours ago, coprolite said:

Not sure you understand what a troll is.