The normalisation of the far-right continues

Guest Bob Mahelp

Farage is not an M.P.  He is not an M.S.P.  Now the U.K. is no longer a member of the E.U. he is not even an M.E.P. 

Thus he is now just an ordinary citizen or should I say ordinary British Subject of His Majesty the King.

Can anyone explain why he still appears on the telly?  

A reminder of the Farage led UKIP fear campaign back in 2016, promoting the total lie that Turkey was about to join the EU and we'd be swamped by non Christian invaders.

Edited by welshbairn

Just now, BILmac1967 said:

Farage was denied free speech.

At what point do the people who chased him ever admit they got any part of their argument wrong?

I in part refer to a previous poster on here who pointed out that fascists aren't always right wing, but could end up as the same thing when in power.

Please refer back to the 'you're not being denied free speech' panel on the cartoon. 

Also, Farage has been on Question Time 35 times despite never being elected to Parliament. I don't think 'Nigel Farage doesn't have enough of a platform' holds much water as an argument. 

2 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

Farage is not an M.P.  He is not an M.S.P.  Now the U.K. is no longer a member of the E.U. he is not even an M.E.P. 

Thus he is now just an ordinary citizen or should I say ordinary British Subject of His Majesty the King.

Can anyone explain why he still appears on the telly?  

So you need to be elected to be on the telly?

As an aside, iv;e never seen any of those far right headlines and images anywhere but on here.

2 minutes ago, BILmac1967 said:

So you need to be elected to be on the telly?

As an aside, iv;e never seen any of those far right headlines and images anywhere but on here.

No, however given he's been continually rejected by the electorate, it could seem there's an agenda at work by having him on 35 times. Would your local defeated candidates get that amount of exposure?

You should read more then. 

1 minute ago, carpetmonster said:

No, however given he's been continually rejected by the electorate, it could seem there's an agenda at work by having him on 35 times. Would your local defeated candidates get that amount of exposure?

I never said Farage should get more exposure, I pointed out that when he spoke, he was chased.

1 minute ago, carpetmonster said:

1 minute ago, BILmac1967 said:

I never said Farage should get more exposure, I pointed out that when he spoke, he was chased.

Which, again, doesn't mean that he's being denied free speech. He picked an audience who didn't particularly want to hear it. If they don't have the right to tell him to go and f**k himself, then they're being denied free speech. 

21 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

Which, again, doesn't mean that he's being denied free speech. He picked an audience who didn't particularly want to hear it. If they don't have the right to tell him to go and f**k himself, then they're being denied free speech. 

The people who chased him weren't his audience, they turned up to disrupt an advertised appearance.

And you presume that the people who chased him couldn't be wrong?

Just now, BILmac1967 said:

The people who chased him weren't his audience, they turned up to disrupt an advertised appearance.

I'd presume they'll have been wrong about many things, as most humans are, however they're still exercising their own free speech by telling Farage to f**k off. If anything it's the right who are looking to chill free speech; note the Tories' deciding to make peaceful protest punishable by up to 10 years imprisonment and the Republicans banning books from school and library systems in the US. 

3 minutes ago, BILmac1967 said:

Again, you think barracking a politician you disapprove of is the same as throwing petrol bombs into an asylum seeker's reception centre?

23 minutes ago, BILmac1967 said:

Advertised? He didn't even tell the publican about his proposed stunt!

https://www.scotsman.com/news/nigel-farage-forced-flee-edinburghs-royal-mile-1574977 

"As the hubbub increased to a roar, it was time for the publican, who had no inkling of the press conference until contacted by the police two hours before, to intervene."