The normalisation of the far-right continues

Guest Bob Mahelp

On 31/10/2022 at 20:17, Empty It said:

Can we make a deal and trade immigrants for everybody that voted Tory?

There are genuinely people living among us who already believe that Wee Nippy is importing imergants who say they'll vote for her, to replace all the GOOD HARD WORKING BRITTISH PEOPLE that she's going to round up and put in camps.

Always an eye-opener when people come out with stuff like that; you can only come to the conclusion that they'd like it to be true so they have a valid reason for feeling persecuted.

On 01/11/2022 at 17:15, cyderspaceman said:

Be careful, you'll get a warning on here for using offensive language, even in a quote.   I did.

I also got warning points for using asterisks instead of letters. 

P&B is not immune to this creeping curtailment of free speech.   You have been ...  erm, warned.

It's bizarre that a poster on here harangued the mods until they classified "***" as a slur, yet it didn't bother them that words like "n****r" are still uncensored (those asterisks are my own doing).

On 04/11/2022 at 11:22, Clown Job said:

“Anti British lawyers”

This is the sort of language that can get someone killed 

E4EF16DF-1013-4DA0-975B-0BA04A8F4A40.jpeg

Yet more  "Baddie of the week".  What happened to the Anti-Growth coalition? Have they been roundly defeated now?

Just as an aside, this is a formal letter between two work colleagues who work in the same building.  Why not an e-mail or a text - "I am concerned about this issue.  Can we discuss it some time?"

20 hours ago, Jeff Venom said:

That's vile imagery. What an absolute shit tip the British right wing media is. 

Thanks goodness we have an opposition, an alternative party of government who who...

Keir Starmer: Too many people from overseas recruited to NHS

pander to this evil fucking horsehit.

f**k the UK. f**k it. f**k right in the ear. 

On 06/11/2022 at 09:31, williemillersmoustache said:

Thanks goodness we have an opposition, an alternative party of government who who...

Keir Starmer: Too many people from overseas recruited to NHS

pander to this evil fucking horsehit.

f**k the UK. f**k it. f**k right in the ear. 

But he’s just feart of them over there coming over here, to be clothed and housed and given jobs at our expense - when homeless, unemployed British veterans can’t even afford poppies for dinner or a flag to keep them warm.

26AB193C-7BFD-409B-8236-7AC4354F5176.jpeg

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-63499057

KFC has apologised after sending a promotional message to customers in Germany, urging them to commemorate Kristallnacht with cheesy chicken.

The fast food chain sent an app alert on Wednesday, saying: "It's memorial day for Kristallnacht! Treat yourself with more tender cheese on your crispy chicken. Now at KFCheese!"

In a statement issued to Newsweek magazine, KFC Germany blamed the message on a bot.

The fast food chain said the "automated push notification" was "linked to calendars that include national observances".

On 03/11/2022 at 21:19, sophia said:

That is a terrifying read.

That pathetic guy, abandoned in Buckinghamshire, a solitary individual suckered by xenophobia and presumably soaked in alcohol.

A salutary lesson for anyone tempted to think that the siren voice of nationalism is the answer.

And yet Scottish nationalists are above question, in their own minds at least.

Just like the nats who chased Nigel Farage out of a pub in Edinburgh in order to defend all that is right and good, protecting all of our freedoms by means of denying free speech.

My point is that the nats, as well as the left, only ever create a political chasm whilst giving no answers to anything.

These last number of pages seem to describe anyone who applies any kind of solution as far right wing, but the opposite, as far as I can see is just anti-political, completely open-ended, as if the UK should have no borders at all.

6 minutes ago, BILmac1967 said:

Just like the nats who chased Nigel Farage out of a pub in Edinburgh in order to defend all that is right and good, protecting all of our freedoms by means of denying free speech.

My point is that the nats, as well as the left, only ever create a political chasm whilst giving no answers to anything.

These last number of pages seem to describe anyone who applies any kind of solution as far right wing, but the opposite, as far as I can see is just anti-political, completely open-ended, as if the UK should have no borders at all.

You're really comparing being rude to Farage with throwing petrol bombs into an asylum seekers' reception centre?

11 minutes ago, BILmac1967 said:

The state of that 😂

2 minutes ago, BILmac1967 said:

He fled at the threat of violence, yes I would compare the two, not that I support Farage.

This is spectacularly stupid. 

Farage ran away from some folk calling him names. You're comparing a "threat" (LOL) of violence, with ACTUAL violence. Throwing petrol bombs is quite literally an act of violence. 

23 minutes ago, BILmac1967 said:

Are we *still* at the stage where Popper's Paradox of Tolerance needs to be explained?

4 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

This is spectacularly stupid. 

Farage ran away from some folk calling him names. You're comparing a "threat" (LOL) of violence, with ACTUAL violence. Throwing petrol bombs is quite literally an act of violence. 

If Farage held his ground, they would have respected his rights?

Same as all the Scots who went to overthrow the elected government at Downing street and got kettled the first time Boris was elected, I suppose that was just high spirits?

3 minutes ago, BILmac1967 said:

Never heard of it, educate me, briefly.

Googled it, NO - this presumes that those who regard themselves as tolerant and therefore above question were right in the first place-

What was it that the intolerant people couldn;t live with?

What makes you presume that the intolerant weren't victims in the first place?

13 minutes ago, BILmac1967 said:

If Farage held his ground, they would have respected his rights?

Same as all the Scots who went to overthrow the elected government at Downing street and got kettled the first time Boris was elected, I suppose that was just high spirits?

😂

Cool, another hopeless troll. 

Carry on. 

8 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

Intolerant, if we don't tolerate intolerance? – Dheeraj Sharma | BHARATA  BHARATI

or in XKCD format (American, obvs, because 'First Amendment' although the principle remains the same)

Deconstructing the tolerance paradox: why Conservatives' go-to line is  garbage. | by Parker Molloy | Medium

Self defeating tripe, this could well be a perfect description of ignorance,  as if those who regard themselves as tolerant in the first place could never be wrong

2 minutes ago, BILmac1967 said:

Googled it, NO - this presumes that those who regard themselves as tolerant and therefore above question were right in the first place-

What was it that the intolerant people couldn;t live with?

What makes you presume that the intolerant weren't victims in the first place?

Well, Popper was from Vienna and noted the paradox in 1947, so it's a fair bet that he'd be coming off the backdrop of World War II. 

On that basis, it was anyone who wasn't exactly like them that they couldn't live with. And actively murdered, by the million. 

In the case of Farage I'd be interested in what you think he might have ever been the 'victim of' in his entire life? Gravity gave it a good shot, but ultimately failed. 

2 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

Well, Popper was from Vienna and noted the paradox in 1947, so it's a fair bet that he'd be coming off the backdrop of World War II. 

On that basis, it was anyone who wasn't exactly like them that they couldn't live with. And actively murdered, by the million. 

In the case of Farage I'd be interested in what you think he might have ever been the 'victim of' in his entire life? Gravity gave it a good shot, but ultimately failed. 

Farage was denied free speech.

At what point do the people who chased him ever admit they got any part of their argument wrong?

I in part refer to a previous poster on here who pointed out that fascists aren't always right wing, but could end up as the same thing when in power.