The normalisation of the far-right continues

Guest Bob Mahelp

“I would love to be here with a front page of The Telegraph………..a plane taking off for Rwanda…..that’s my dream…..it’s my obsession”

Suella Braverman, Home Secretary, 4th October 2022

Braverman's father was born in Kenya and her mother in Mauritius - both were descended from Indian immigrants.

Talk about pulling up the ladder.

33 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Braverman's father was born in Kenya and her mother in Mauritius - both were descended from Indian immigrants.

Talk about pulling up the ladder.

This is a selfie of me listening to Braverman's conference speech.  I could barely believe the contempt and poison in her comments, and the gloating and vicious lack of empathy for desperate people in horrendous circumstances.  Also, I need clarification on what she proposes for asylum seekers from Rwanda.

cabaret_old_man

2 minutes ago, Thane of Cawdor said:

This is a selfie of me listening to Braverman's conference speech.  I could barely believe the contempt and poison in her comments, and the gloating and vicious lack of empathy for desperate people in horrendous circumstances.  Also, I need clarification on what she proposes for asylum seekers from Rwanda.

cabaret_old_man

It's genuinely pathetic to see her contort herself to gain favour from a party membership of utter bigots who will regardless view her as a second class citizen because she's the wrong colour. She's a total scumbag. 

27 minutes ago, Thane of Cawdor said:

cabaret_old_man

I don’t think tomorrow belongs to them though.

I get the impression that new Home Secretaries are handed a guide to acting like total psychopaths. They all seem to turn into hang 'em and flog 'em maniacs within weeks of taking the reins, even if they seemed like fairly moderate people beforehand.

The Conservatives have cleverly decided to save money on printing costs by just appointing outright psychopathic monsters. Bonus points for appointing them from the migrant community.

These wee folks that are termed "immigrants" , they are only fleeing war, persecution or the want of a better life for themselves. As some of the developed world choose to make it this way.

They show a lot of ingenuity, risk taking and fortitude to make it from deepest Africa, Middle East or wherever to get here.

Simply for that alone, they should be welcomed and maybe we can start an exchange scheme with Tory mps and voters.

28 minutes ago, Father Ted said:

These wee folks that are termed "immigrants" , they are only fleeing war, persecution or the want of a better life for themselves. As some of the developed world choose to make it this way.

They show a lot of ingenuity, risk taking and fortitude to make it from deepest Africa, Middle East or wherever to get here.

Simply for that alone, they should be welcomed and maybe we can start an exchange scheme with Tory mps and voters.

Indeed. Obviously DPB and the like are trolling but the stuff he posts is pretty representative of the views of old bigots across the land who contribute little more than venom and hatred to society. I'd be delighted to see these complete wastes of cells replaced with immigrants tbh. 

1 minute ago, Day of the Lords said:

Indeed. Obviously DPB and the like are trolling but the stuff he posts is pretty representative of the views of old bigots across the land who contribute little more than venom and hatred to society. I'd be delighted to see these complete wastes of cells replaced with immigrants tbh. 

I'm sure there's a old Doug Stanhope sketch where he rips migrant haters: he rattled off the awful conditions and paths to arrive in a better place, they don't speak the local language, and yet they are still more qualified for that mythical job than you? 

17 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Christ, don't encourage them. They already believe that Wee Nippy's trying to replace them with imergants who'll vote for her (because picking up votes has been such a problem for the SNP).

11 hours ago, Wile E Coyote said:

Cruella Braverman is the most spiteful, evil mainstream politician ever. I am amazed she holds such high office. She should be in jail for preaching hate crimes

Do you not enjoy the irony that someone who defended law breaking as attorney general is now in charge of law and order.

She lacks any principles, intelligence and morality something which is now see as perfect to get promoted to the highest offices in the land.