The normalisation of the far-right continues

Guest Bob Mahelp

It's your right to disagree with me. 

It's also my right to call him a c**t. 

I don't think anything I've said is false, he milked the benefits of being an MEP while choosing not to fulfill most of the duties. Barely turned up to anything unless it suited his agenda. 

Edited by 10menwent2mow

13 minutes ago, 10menwent2mow said:

It's your right to disagree with me. 

It's also my right to call him a c**t. 

I don't think anything I've said is false, he milked the benefits of being an MEP while choosing not to fulfill most of the duties. Barely turned up to anything unless it suited his agenda. 

He certainly succeeded in what he wanted to achieve. 

You can call him what you like but you are wrong calling anyone a c**t that likes him. 

1 minute ago, 10menwent2mow said:

And how is that 'achievement' working out for us. 

I did not vote to leave. 

Anyway just now with everything going on in the world things are very difficult. 

I'm pretty confident in a few years things will turn out for the better though. 

It has been a bit of a nightmare leaving with all the negotations etc. 

Can you imagine how bad it would be if Scotland voted for independence. 😬 

1 minute ago, Duries Air Freshener said:

It completely goes against my instincts to report posts, and I still don’t do it, but stuff like this really tests me.

I wont report any posts either mate but that one is just sick. Hopefully it will get noticed by a mod. 

27 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Its going to be an 'interesting' weekend.

Any bets on this forum lasting without being locked once again and posters being emptied by 23:59 Sunday night?

People need to stop responding to bait, it is obvious bait.

You know fine well it’s not.

Our opinions just stand out because of the board’s demographic.

Edited by Duries Air Freshener

11 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Any bets on this forum lasting without being locked once again and posters being emptied by 23:59 Sunday night?

No one is baiting anyone Snafu. 

If the Scottish nationalists read and acted upon Div and Tynie's sticky there would be no problem. 

It is nice to be nice. And it's easy and makes life a lot better. 🤝

32 minutes ago, Snafu said:

If posters used the ignore function correctly it would result in the trolls being invisible.

41 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

I don’t think I’ll ever truly understand the seethe from Britnats over Gaelic and Scot’s 

I can only speak for myself, but there's certainly no seething at my end.

I see great value in keeping old languages/dialects such as Gaelic and Scots alive in places they've been historically spoken.

My mum's side of the family spoke Gaelic and I sometimes feel guilty that I've never made an effort to learn it!

10 minutes ago, Snafu said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11148815/Albanian-migrants-pose-pictures-London-Eye.html

Interesting take from the Mail, notice that by being 'migrants' they are not regarded as people or individuals so their names aren't mentioned regardless that their pictures are. Its a way of dehumanising them, treat them as unpeople. Calling them criminals is assumption or slander, doesn't matter if they try to defend themselves and deny this because they have no rights anyway and its neither here nor there if they are or not, its an open goal for the far right. There is also the use of the word migrants, should it not be illegal immigrants, migrants also cover those who are successful in being allowed to stay here and start a new life. We are now reaching the point were migrants are bad, all migrants are bad.

What is striking about all this and any news article on Albanians is that there is nothing about the root cause of why Albanians decide to come here of all places, why would they leave their homeland and their loved ones?

Another article on this. 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2022/08/23/record-number-migrants-cross-channel-single-day/

1 hour ago, Snafu said:

I'm not responding to bait!

How dare you. 🙂

1 hour ago, Clown Job said:

I don’t think I’ll ever truly understand the seethe from Britnats over Gaelic and Scot’s 

When I was a kid, I'd occasionally see roasters seething when shop workers would speak to each other in Hindi or Urdu. I presume this raging pish comes from the same place of, "they could be saying all sorts about me and I'd never know!"

Probably best to ensure they'll be slagging you off by having a hissy fit, eh.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

If posters used the ignore function correctly it would result in the trolls being invisible.

I just bite my lip and resist the urge to reply. However, I must admit my lip is almost completely severed, so ignore might be on the horizon.

23 minutes ago, BFTD said:

When I was a kid, I'd occasionally see roasters seething when shop workers would speak to each other in Hindi or Urdu. I presume this raging pish comes from the same place of, "they could be saying all sorts about me and I'd never know!"

Probably best to ensure they'll be slagging you off by having a hissy fit, eh.

There are often people from one part of England who have no ability to understand somebody from somewhere else in England even if they are supposedly talking English.  Similarly Scotland or Wales.

Don't know what the issue is.

2 hours ago, Clown Job said:

Lol at the thought of a 999 call handler being bamboozled by someone asking for the polieas or poilis.

Presumably the same made up person who has no idea what one one these vehicles is.

image.thumb.png.c5f2bf2c3cc00b0b27e593c277fb56ee.png

9 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

There are often people from one part of England who have no ability to understand somebody from somewhere else in England even if they are supposedly talking English.  Similarly Scotland or Wales.

Don't know what the issue is.

I remember patiently waiting in a shop in a shop in Peterhead for a couple of shop girls to finish chatting in Polish to each other so I could get served. Turned out they were talking Doric and one of them switched to standard Scots to help me out.