The normalisation of the far-right continues

Guest Bob Mahelp

18 hours ago, Clown Job said:

It’s wild just how normalised Jock bashing is in the English media 

Could you imagine the reaction if this was a Scottish show and someone used a derogative term to describe an English person

Heads would explode 

The existence of GB News and their anti-Jock rhetoric is a further nail in Britain's coffin.

Bye-bye Scotland the dullards of middle England will insist in growing numbers.

The dwindling Scottish Unionist band of Orange oddbods and other right wing dingbats will have been hoisted by their own petard.

6 minutes ago, Big Rider said:

The existence of GB News and their anti-Jock rhetoric is a further nail in Britain's coffin.

The dwindling Scottish Unionist band of Orange oddbods and other right wing dingbats will have been hoisted by their own petard.

Can't see it mate.

More and more people are turning against the woke nonsense that's constantly being shoved down our throats, which is why we now have a market for GB News and the channel Piers Morgan is on, whatever it's called.

Many youngsters would now choose a Paul Joseph Watson video over the bland, samey, social-engineering mainstream codswallop.

Don’t have too much time to watch it but when I can I like GBNews and the presenters who seem to be a very mixed bunch.

Havent seen much anti Scots stuff as they seem to have reporters in all parts of the UK and I do like Neil Oliver.

Anyway, the good thing is that if you don’t like it, don’t watch it.

It certainly is fairly attuned to my views.

Must give Talktv a try.

1 hour ago, Duries Air Freshener said:

Can't see it mate.

More and more people are turning against the woke nonsense that's constantly being shoved down our throats, which is why we now have a market for GB News and the channel Piers Morgan is on, whatever it's called.

Many youngsters would now choose a Paul Joseph Watson video over the bland, samey, social-engineering mainstream codswallop.

https://slate.com/culture/2022/05/piers-morgan-uncensored-review-low-ratings-trump.html

9C4E620B-2EE0-4A98-BC38-3689D7A5A20A.jpeg

5 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

All I’ll say, is that if you look back a few years then Talk TV and GB News didn’t even exist.

GB News is a breath of fresh air IMO.

P.S. You’re off ignore.  I can’t tell anyone how to post, but after Tynie’s statement I thought it would be nice to start afresh with everyone.  I think we can all get on well.

Edited by Duries Air Freshener

19 hours ago, Clown Job said:

It’s wild just how normalised Jock bashing is in the English media 

Could you imagine the reaction if this was a Scottish show and someone used a derogative term to describe an English person

Heads would explode 

Acht let the jellied eel munching morris dancing kiss me quick hat selling whippet farming flat cap wearing "av a banana" global has-been embarrassments have their little haggis joke fun.  While their green and pleasant land is being dessicated by drought and they're splashing about in a tsunami of their own shite they've paid some c***s a fortune to cover it in. 

12 minutes ago, Duries Air Freshener said:

All I’ll say, is that if you look back a few years then Talk TV and GB News didn’t even exist.

GB News is a breath of fresh air IMO.

P.S. You’re off ignore.  I can’t tell anyone how to post, but after Tynie’s statement I thought it would be nice to start afresh with everyone.  I think we can all get on well.

Only if that air is around England's shit covered beaches. The little I've seen of GB news leads me to believe it is all just soundbites for gammons to fume over. They know their audience and what gets their motors going.

The market for GB News has always been there, theres's always been a couple of million sexually retired, spiteful wallopers in this country.

Pictures and sounds for the people who read the Sun, Express and Mail.

3 minutes ago, Stringer Bell said:

The market for GB News has always been there, theres's always been a couple of million sexually retired, spiteful wallopers in this country.

Pictures and sounds for the people who read the Sun, Express and Mail.

You could have added bitter to that description, and repressed.

15 hours ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

No, it's a strong wiff of rancid air. Discussion of GB News belongs in this thread as its continuing pandering to a reactionary, right wing and going even further to the right, is an extremely worrying move. All news programmes are tailored to a specific audience. GB News unfortunately panders to a side of society it pains me to see happening.

I respectfully disagree. Yesterday on Farage, Steyn's and Wooton's shows the Conservative party took some hammering. 

You would not see that on the BBC. 

15 hours ago, Snafu said:

GB News, 20 years ago would it have been acceptable?

I don't think it would have been.

Shows how much politics have shifted and intolerance for people not born in England is now allowed out in the open.

You are so wrong imo Snafu. See the presenter list for one thing. 

The guests on all the shows come from different walks of life with completely different views.  Like I said it is a breath of fresh air for a news channel to be so fair and well balanced.

1 minute ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

You have to ask the question.

Have any of those people actually ever watched it?

They probably have not mate. I watch it every day and do not find it to be anything like the people slating it find it. 

2 hours ago, Big Rider said:

Have you spent any time watching it BR? 

It is most definitely not anti Scotland. It is pro GB. 

I would not watch it if it was anti Scotland. 

1 hour ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Don’t have too much time to watch it but when I can I like GBNews and the presenters who seem to be a very mixed bunch.

Havent seen much anti Scots stuff as they seem to have reporters in all parts of the UK and I do like Neil Oliver.

Anyway, the good thing is that if you don’t like it, don’t watch it.

It certainly is fairly attuned to my views.

Must give Talktv a try.

Neil Oliver is fantastic. One of the greatest living Scotsman. 

He is articulate, intelligent, well informed and a brilliant speaker. 

1 minute ago, Duries Air Freshener said:

I think the success of GB News is down to it allowing freedom of speech.  People have been crying out for that for years.

One of the best things about it that it gives freedom of speach to all. 

Just now, Fletcher23 said:

Neil Oliver is fantastic. One of the greatest living Scotsman. 

He is articulate, intelligent, well informed and a brilliant speaker. 

Agreed, Fletch.  He says what a lot of people think but are afraid to say.

It’s telling that those who get worked up and angry about him very rarely tackle his arguments.