The normalisation of the far-right continues

Guest Bob Mahelp

1 minute ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Well, other East or South Eastern European countries like Greece,Montenegro, Macedonia, etc.

Albania, I think is in NATO, is applying to join the EU, so must have all or most of the pillars of parliamentary democracy.

Why, therefore, cannot its citizens go through the normal channels for coming to the UK just like others?

Don't think any Albanian feeling the need to cross the channel in an inflatable dinghy would have much chance of being allowed to move to the UK legally. 

48 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

I'm not angry and I'm only abusive to arseholes like yourself and @Dawson Park Boy

Even more abuse. I'm glad you admit it Asim.

I will not lower myself to your level though. 

Actually, why are we arseholes? Because we have different views and opinions?

Edited by Fletcher23

6 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

It’s wild just how normalised Jock bashing is in the English media 

Could you imagine the reaction if this was a Scottish show and someone used a derogative term to describe an English person

Heads would explode 

The amount of use of the word gammon on here is horrendous. 

Normal English bashing by Scottish nationalists.

Just now, Fletcher23 said:

The amount of use of the word gammon on here is horrendous. 

Normal English bashing by Scottish nationalists.

Why do you keep making sock puppet accounts? Is it some kind of bizarre hobby? Do friends and family (assuming there are any) know that you spend so much time seeking negative attention from strangers online?

4 minutes ago, Antlion said:

Why do you keep making sock puppet accounts? Is it some kind of bizarre hobby? Do friends and family (assuming there are any) know that you spend so much time seeking negative attention from strangers online?

I do not know what you are on about Antlion?

42 minutes ago, Jeff Venom said:

GB news, is it?

A channel for bigots, by bigots. 

It is far from being a bigoted channel. Have you ever watched it Jeff?

The presenters let people from all political parties, people from all different walks of life and people will different views have their say without getting abused or shouted down. 

It is a breath of fresh air in news channels. 

Albanians are being brought in by gangs as these people reckon they can fill the "black market" slave wage type jobs previously filled by EU citizens pre brexit / pandemic. As long as gang masters and unscrupulous business owners are operating in the UK, people from traditional low pay countries like Albania will be tempted to risk their lives and freedom for what we see as diabolical wages and conditions but to them are better than they can earn in their own country. See any shitey hand car wash in any town in the UK for evidence.

1 hour ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Well, what is your line on border control, especially from countries like Albania?

55 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Well, other East or South Eastern European countries like Greece,Montenegro, Macedonia, etc.

Well we had freedom of movement with the good people of Greece for a coupla decades there without any issue so don't see why it would be an issue with Albania and other south eastern European states. 

56 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Why, therefore, cannot its citizens go through the normal channels for coming to the UK just like others?

This was previously answered on this very thread. I know you're an idiot but even you can use the search function.

1 hour ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Well we had freedom of movement with the good people of Greece for a coupla decades there without any issue so don't see why it would be an issue with Albania.

Are you kidding?

There is only so much I want to hear about Norman Wisdom. 🙂

9 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't anymore but I found this article on the Von Dutch brand famous for baseball caps and t-shirts worn by well known pop and film stars about its Nazi sympathizing past.

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/the-nazi-sympathizing-pinstriper-who-inspired-the-von-dutch-trucker-hat?utm_source=pocket-newtab-global-en-GB

For the early aughts’ signature headwear, it’s been a long, strange road from the garage of a self-admitted ‘admirer of the Third Reich’ to Kylie Jenner’s Instagram page.

Do you know of any every day products who's origins began or were a feature of the Nazis or Fascism but were reinvented or had their past airbrushed out? There was the domination and success of German 1930's grand prix and sports cars Auto Union (Audi) and Mercedes along with the successful VW, three of the most common road cars you will see on British roads these days for example.

Hugo Boss obviously.

5 hours ago, Fletcher23 said:

No, it's a strong wiff of rancid air. Discussion of GB News belongs in this thread as its continuing pandering to a reactionary, right wing and going even further to the right, is an extremely worrying move. All news programmes are tailored to a specific audience. GB News unfortunately panders to a side of society it pains me to see happening.

5 hours ago, Fletcher23 said:

It is far from being a bigoted channel. Have you ever watched it Jeff?

The presenters let people from all political parties, people from all different walks of life and people will different views have their say without getting abused or shouted down. 

I agree.

You actually get all sides of a debate.

3 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Fanta is another one, created in Nazi Germany due the American trade embargo causing a shortage of corn syrup for making the coca-cola. it was created with ingredients available beet sugar, whey and apple pomace. Fanta in its worldwide famous orangeness didn't appear until 1955.

Fanta was my first thought but apparently it actually has no connection to the regime and the inventor actively resisted joining the Nazis. Its sole link to Nazism is that it was created in Germany by a German employee of the American Coca Cola company whilst the Nazis were in power.

1 hour ago, Snafu said:

Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't anymore but I found this article on the Von Dutch brand famous for baseball caps and t-shirts worn by well known pop and film stars about its Nazi sympathizing past.

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/the-nazi-sympathizing-pinstriper-who-inspired-the-von-dutch-trucker-hat?utm_source=pocket-newtab-global-en-GB

For the early aughts’ signature headwear, it’s been a long, strange road from the garage of a self-admitted ‘admirer of the Third Reich’ to Kylie Jenner’s Instagram page.

Do you know of any every day products who's origins began or were a feature of the Nazis or Fascism but were reinvented or had their past airbrushed out? There was the domination and success of German 1930's grand prix and sports cars Auto Union (Audi) and Mercedes along with the successful VW, three of the most common road cars you will see on British roads these days for example.

Despite having seen countless World War II films, I don't recall ever having seen this refreshing soft drink consumed in any of them. That is a clear illustration of historic 'Wokeness' and the dominance of the  anti-Fanta movement.

220px-Fanta_Klassik_3.jpg

Edited by Thane of Cawdor
I may have misunderstood the nature of the task.

23 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Fanta is another one, created in Nazi Germany due the American trade embargo causing a shortage of corn syrup for making the coca-cola. it was created with ingredients available beet sugar, whey and apple pomace. Fanta in its worldwide famous orangeness didn't appear until 1955.

They got Fanta.  We got Rhubarb Crumble.  Hence we go on to win.

Concise summary of WW2.

31 minutes ago, Thane of Cawdor said:

Despite having seen countless World War II films, I don't recall ever having seen this refreshing soft drink consumed in any of them. That is a clear illustration of historic 'Wokeness' and the dominance of the  anti-Fanta movement.

220px-Fanta_Klassik_3.jpg

There are also plenty of war films that didn't involve any Russians.  Were they involved?

Asking for a friend.

46 minutes ago, Snafu said:

GB News, 20 years ago would it have been acceptable?

I don't think it would have been.

Shows how much politics have shifted and intolerance for people not born in England is now allowed out in the open.

The awfulness of much of the output brings a foreboding that it is going to get even worse

Trump has clearly moved the dial but that is no excuse for this unremitting refluxing of contemptible pulp 

I'm putting my hope that our douce electorate will see a path away from  SW1A 0AA from whence this is promoted