The normalisation of the far-right continues

Guest Bob Mahelp

50 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Nigel Farage says 'this is an invasion' as Albanian criminal gangs cross Channel in UK smuggling 'emergency'

https://www.gbnews.uk/news/nigel-farage-says-this-is-an-invasion-as-albanian-criminal-gangs-cross-channel-in-uk-smuggling-emergency/357212

More hysteric bait for right wing bigots about Albanians invading our shit covered beaches.

He!s spot on.

Even the Albanian government seem to be agreeing to take them back.

Its all total nonsense and Nigel, as usual, is bang on the money.

1 hour ago, Snafu said:

Nigel Farage says 'this is an invasion' as Albanian criminal gangs cross Channel in UK smuggling 'emergency'

https://www.gbnews.uk/news/nigel-farage-says-this-is-an-invasion-as-albanian-criminal-gangs-cross-channel-in-uk-smuggling-emergency/357212

More hysteric bait for right wing bigots about Albanians invading our shit covered beaches.

What has he said that is wrong?

Have you watched him on GB news where he lets people from all political backgrounds have there say without abuse or talking over them.

One of the fairest and best presenters on tv just now.

14 minutes ago, Fletcher23 said:

Have you watched him on GB news where he lets people from all political backgrounds have there say without abuse or talking over them.

One of the fairest and best presenters on tv just now.

Ukraine suffered an invasion. People crossing the channel does not constitute an invasion ffs.

GB News 🤣

16 minutes ago, Fletcher23 said:

Probably the word "invasion" which, generally, means an armed attack in order to conquer the existing populace. Seeing as I doubt there are sufficient numbers of Albanians to take over this island via dinghies from France and, even if there was, the complete colonisation of the British Isles is almost certainly not their aim I think him saying "invasion" if not wrong is clearly hyperbole and inflammatory language. 

The world really is a worse place for having him in it.

1 hour ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Once again, the reading comprehension of Yoons is shown up to be as thin as their skin.

1 hour ago, Fletcher23 said:

Nothing wrong with my skin Asim 👍

1 hour ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Say what you want about Farage it takes some skill to make ye regret the day they put seatbelts in aeroplanes

26 minutes ago, Fletcher23 said:

What a nasty thing to post.

image.png.7d7e43b2a200ebb1f65c9034edad85a0.png

Just to confirm:

Hyperbole for comedic purpose: nasty
Hyperbole to stir up xenophobic idiots: fine

Yoons are fucking weird

12 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Probably the word "invasion" which, generally, means an armed attack in order to conquer the existing populace. Seeing as I doubt there are sufficient numbers of Albanians to take over this island via dinghies from France and, even if there was, the complete colonisation of the British Isles is almost certainly not their aim I think him saying "invasion" if not wrong is clearly hyperbole and inflammatory language. 

A play with words again Asim. I personally do not see anything wrong with what he said.

And I think he makes the world a better place. He is a brilliant presenter on GB news which is going from strength to strength.

17 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Let’s be honest.

What you are probably wanting is ‘completely open borders’.

If that’s your line, fair enough. That’s your view but it’s not mine.

I suppose one advantage would be no need for passports and going on holiday would be much easier.

However, I can’t see many countries agreeing to it?

3 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Let’s be honest.

What you are probably wanting is ‘completely open borders’.

If that’s your line, fair enough. That’s your view but it’s not mine.

I suppose one advantage would be no need for passports and going on holiday would be much easier.

However, I can’t see many countries agreeing to it?

So because I thought the word "invasion" was purposefully hyperbolic that automatically means I want completely open borders?

You do jump to some ridiculous conclusions don't you? 

10 minutes ago, Fletcher23 said:

A play with words again Asim. I personally do not see anything wrong with what he said.

Yes, you don't see anything wrong because you're an idiot, we know that. But can you explain how this is a "play" on words? Is it a pun? Double entendre? In which way is the use of words used to denote, I dunno, a kind of wit or illicit a jocular response?

1 minute ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

So because I thought the word "invasion" was purposefully hyperbolic that automatically means I want completely open borders?

You do jump to some ridiculous conclusions don't you? 

Well, what is your line on border control, especially from countries like Albania?

Just now, Dawson Park Boy said:

Well, what is your line on border control, especially from countries like Albania?

Don't really have a line on border control tbh. The current use of passports/visa/asylum seems to be working fine for the most part across the world. 

What do you mean countries "like" Albania. Can you name other countries "like" Albania and let me know what the common links between those countries are? Hard to give an answer until I know what you mean by "like" Albania.

55 minutes ago, Fletcher23 said:

And I think he makes the world a better place. He is a brilliant presenter on GB news which is going from strength to strength.

You missed the bit about Warner pulling out of GBeebies earlier in the week then?

10 minutes ago, Jeff Venom said:

GB news, is it?

A channel for bigots, by bigots. 

It’s wild just how normalised Jock bashing is in the English media 

Could you imagine the reaction if this was a Scottish show and someone used a derogative term to describe an English person

Heads would explode 

39 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Don't really have a line on border control tbh. The current use of passports/visa/asylum seems to be working fine for the most part across the world. 

What do you mean countries "like" Albania. Can you name other countries "like" Albania and let me know what the common links between those countries are? Hard to give an answer until I know what you mean by "like" Albania.

Well, other East or South Eastern European countries like Greece,Montenegro, Macedonia, etc.

Albania, I think is in NATO, is applying to join the EU, so must have all or most of the pillars of parliamentary democracy.

Why, therefore, cannot its citizens go through the normal channels for coming to the UK just like others?

45 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Yes, you don't see anything wrong because you're an idiot, we know that. But can you explain how this is a "play" on words? Is it a pun? Double entendre? In which way is the use of words used to denote, I dunno, a kind of wit or illicit a jocular response?

I'm an idiot now. More abuse, no need Asim. 

They are coming over illegally so are invading Britain.