The normalisation of the far-right continues

Guest Bob Mahelp

14 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
4 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:
Piers Morgan emoji23.png
A weapons-grade creep who's still bitter about Meghan Markle knocking him back and oversaw the hacking of a dead 15 year old girl's phone. When one factors in his rants about the likes of Emma Raducanu and various other young (usually BAME) women, the only possible conclusion is that he's a dreadfully bitter, almost certainly impotent wee bigot who will undoubtedly appear in some future version of Operation Yewtree. 
He's obviously not coping too well since his walk-out of GMTV has seen him slide towards total irrelevance on some shite channel hardly anyone watches. 
Glorious. 

Not to mention his investment column where he advised Mirror readers to invest in companies that he had stock in.

And he did nothing to defend the 2 journalists who wrote the column when they got done for the same thing he was doing.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/greenslade/2012/jun/13/piersmorgan-daily-mirror

Edited by welshbairn

4 hours ago, williemillersmoustache said:

It's a tough one for denialists to take but not only did the then Secretary of State for Scotland say the UK wouldn't leave the EU he also said there wouldn't be a referendum.

Hardly the only blatant lie Carmichael told.

To paraphrase Ad Lib on Carmichael, the only thing he did wrong was getting caught. I guess he didn't get caught for this at the time, so it's fine. It's all fine. It's fine.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

And he did nothing to defend the 2 journalists who wrote the column when they got done for the same thing he was doing.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/greenslade/2012/jun/13/piersmorgan-daily-mirror

I remember a podcast that was about #phone/hackgate. The Mirror seeing what was happening at News International invited the Met into their building, gave them an office and all the resources they needed. For about 6 months they threw every single cub reporter, stringer, low level confidential source like the odd prison guard and health inspector at them. Burying them under piles and piles of trivia, which got a couple of convictions and ruined the odd life and career. Then when the Met said right thanks for all that we want to see the editors and your senior reporters now, they shut up, threw the Met out and sent their lawyers in. 

They also told the Met that the bad apples used to buy a burner phone, do some bad journalism, then throw it in the Thames just outside their front door, so the Met got the dive team out for a week. Found nothing. 

c***s. 

Edited by williemillersmoustache

2 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

I remember a podcast that was about #phone/hackgate. The Mirror seeing what was happening at News International invited the Met into their building, gave them an office and all the resources they needed. For about 6 months they threw every single cub reporter, stringer, low level confidential source like the odd prison guard and health inspector at them. Burying them under piles and piles of trivia, which for a couple of convictions and ruined the odd life and career. Then when the Met said right thanks for all that we want to see the editors and your senior reporters now, they shut up, threw the Met out and sent their lawyers in. 

They also told the Met that the bad apples used to buy a burner phone, do some bad journalism, then throw it in the Thames just outside their front door, so the Met got the dive team out for a week. Found nothing. 

c***s. 

images.jpeg.af5fc84b085046cd0189f01f3de35399.jpeg

15 minutes ago, Brother Blades said:

I’m confused, or maybe just plain stupid? 
Is this not good journalism? Calling out wrongs? 

* please note, the mirror is a shitrag 

It was fake, done in the back of a Transit in Essex (or similar). Morgan knew it was fake but published it pretending it was real.

Edited by welshbairn

19 minutes ago, Brother Blades said:

Inadequate/no checks on sources. 

Staged in a car park in London. 

This was what got him sacked. 

7 hours ago, Duries Air Freshener said:

Purkiss comes across even more mental than usual here.

'Northern powerhouse' - did I just hear that?!  She's aff her nut.

She also espouses the infamous, straw clutching 'broken promise' lie, where we were supposedly promised that a No vote would ensure EU membership forever. 

Despite the EU referendum looming at the time of the 2014 campaign on partition, the Nhats have unsuccessfully tried to promote a narrative that voting to leave the EU in 2016 is somehow a broken promise.

5 hours ago, Duries Air Freshener said:

Just a reminder to all, that I won't be drawn into childish name-calling.

It gets us nowhere.

56 minutes ago, Brother Blades said:

Whilst OUR BRAVE BOYS undoubtedly committed numerous crimes over there, these ones were faked and Morgan got canned over them as a result. 

5 hours ago, Clown Job said:

Looking at the good knight’s Wiki list of political views, I can only say it’s a shame the “serious head injury in his early 20s” didn’t off the c**t then. And I’m not being cute. Sir Johnny’s raison d’etre seems to be subscribing to positions which actively fight to deprive others of their rights: from women to homosexuals. Unsurprising that the UK response was to knight the dirty b*****d.

7 minutes ago, Antlion said:

Looking at the good knight’s Wiki list of political views, I can only say it’s a shame the “serious head injury in his early 20s” didn’t off the c**t then. And I’m not being cute. Sir Johnny’s raison d’etre seems to be subscribing to positions which actively fight to deprive others of their rights: from women to homosexuals. Unsurprising that the UK response was to knight the dirty b*****d.

Not once has he subscribed to positions which actively fight to deprive others of rights.  You've got him all wrong.

13 hours ago, Antlion said:

What’s that got to do with the fact that about 40% of those making the Channel crossing are Albanians?