The normalisation of the far-right continues

Guest Bob Mahelp

13 hours ago, Clown Job said:

Piers Morgan 😂

A weapons-grade creep who's still bitter about Meghan Markle knocking him back and oversaw the hacking of a dead 15 year old girl's phone. When one factors in his rants about the likes of Emma Raducanu and various other young (usually BAME) women, the only possible conclusion is that he's a dreadfully bitter, almost certainly impotent wee bigot who will undoubtedly appear in some future version of Operation Yewtree. 

He's obviously not coping too well since his walk-out of GMTV has seen him slide towards total irrelevance on some shite channel hardly anyone watches. 

Glorious. 

16 hours ago, Clown Job said:

Purkiss comes across even more mental than usual here.

'Northern powerhouse' - did I just hear that?!  She's aff her nut.

She also espouses the infamous, straw clutching 'broken promise' lie, where we were supposedly promised that a No vote would ensure EU membership forever. 

Despite the EU referendum looming at the time of the 2014 campaign on partition, the Nhats have unsuccessfully tried to promote a narrative that voting to leave the EU in 2016 is somehow a broken promise.

All that happened was that we were told Scottish Independence would drag us out the EU, which it would have, and that a No vote would keep us in, which it did.  A referendum was always on the horizon though.

Never once was a guarantee made that we'd never leave the EU with a No vote.  This is just your usual grudge and grievance driven, separatist clap-trap.

Emma Webb is measured, sensible and classy as always.

Edited by Duries Air Freshener

40 minutes ago, Duries Air Freshener said:

Purkiss comes across even more mental than usual here.  She's looking rough too!

She also espouses the infamous, straw clutching 'broken promise' lie, where we were supposedly promised that a No vote would ensure EU membership forever. 

Despite the EU referendum looming at the time of the 2014 campaign on partition, the Nhats have unsuccessfully tried to promote a narrative that voting to leave the EU in 2016 is somehow a broken promise.

All that happened was that we were told Scottish Independence would drag us out the EU, which it would have, and that a No vote would keep us in, which it did.  A referendum was always on the horizon though.

Never once was a guarantee made that we'd never leave the EU with a No vote.  This is just your usual grudge and grievance driven, separatist clap-trap.

The referendum bill wasn't passed until after the election in 2015. All the SNP MP's voted against it so it wasn't 'looming' until then.

Edited by Suspect Device

31 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

It's a tough one for denialists to take but not only did the then Secretary of State for Scotland say the UK wouldn't leave the EU he also said there wouldn't be a referendum.

What he said was correct though.

They delivered it in 2016.

47 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

It's a tough one for denialists to take but not only did the then Secretary of State for Scotland say the UK wouldn't leave the EU he also said there wouldn't be a referendum.

Once in a generation but

2 hours ago, Duries Air Freshener said:

Purkiss comes across even more mental than usual here.  She's looking rough too!

Wow - where to start?

Opening line - casual misogyny. Not sure what her “looks” have to do with her argument.

EU Referendum “looming large”, when all of those on the No side insisted it wasn’t.

”Nhats” appears to be an attempt to tie Nationalism in with Celtic supporting (and presumably by extension, Catholics).  

I’m not going to “name call”, as I think the post says more about DAF than any name ever could.

1 hour ago, Duries Air Freshener said:

It was still looming min.

The 'EU issue' was discussed in the partition debates, and a referendum was on it's way.

If you look at it like that, it had been looming for years. it wasn't on the statute until after indyref. That is a simple fact. 

How's life anyway? Getting any sleep?

ETA: Its way, not it's way. 😉

Edited by Suspect Device

33 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

Wow - where to start?

Opening line - casual misogyny. Not sure what her “looks” have to do with her argument.

EU Referendum “looming large”, when all of those on the No side insisted it wasn’t.

”Nhats” appears to be an attempt to tie Nationalism in with Celtic supporting (and presumably by extension, Catholics).  

I’m not going to “name call”, as I think the post says more about DAF than any name ever could.

Casual misogyny? C’mon. The looks of female Unionist politicians and Orangewomen are regularly criticised and mocked on here.

Is there not an entire thread dedicated to laughing at the looks of females in nightclubs too?

I also believe your claim about the No side and the looming EU referendum to be false.

The Nhats thing was light-hearted banter, the same way Unionism is constantly linked with Rangers on here. Implying that I’m referring to Catholics is far fetched.

Thanks for your post though mate, and I’m glad you aren’t name calling.

Edited by Duries Air Freshener

7 minutes ago, Duries Air Freshener said:

Casual misogyny? C’mon. The looks of female Unionist politicians and Orangewomen are regularly criticised and mocked on here.

Is there not an entire thread dedicated to laughing at the looks of females in nightclubs too?

I also believe your claim about the No side and the looming EU referendum to be false.

The Nhats thing was light-hearted banter, the same way Unionism is constantly linked with Rangers on here. Implying that I’m referring to Catholics is far fetched.

Thanks for your post though mate, and I’m glad you aren’t name calling.

1. Straight “whataboutery”. I’ll stick with consistency here - I’ve called out people slagging Jackie Bailey due to her looks, and I’ll call you out too.

2. You believe my claim to be false?  Provide a single example then please?  I can provide many - just give us one where someone on the No side even acknowledged the chance we would be out of the EU.

3. “Light-hearted banter”?  If implying you are referring to catholics is far fetched, what was your “banter” supposed to convey?

19 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

1. Straight “whataboutery”. I’ll stick with consistency here - I’ve called out people slagging Jackie Bailey due to her looks, and I’ll call you out too.

2. You believe my claim to be false?  Provide a single example then please?  I can provide many - just give us one where someone on the No side even acknowledged the chance we would be out of the EU.

3. “Light-hearted banter”?  If implying you are referring to catholics is far fetched, what was your “banter” supposed to convey?

1- Fair enough.  Thinking about it, you’re right and I’ve now edited my post.

2- In January 2013, David Cameron committed the Conservative Party to a referendum before the end of 2017 on UK membership of the EU if they won the 2015 UK general election.[250]

3- That followers of Celtic often support partition.

Piers Morgan [emoji23]
A weapons-grade creep who's still bitter about Meghan Markle knocking him back and oversaw the hacking of a dead 15 year old girl's phone. When one factors in his rants about the likes of Emma Raducanu and various other young (usually BAME) women, the only possible conclusion is that he's a dreadfully bitter, almost certainly impotent wee bigot who will undoubtedly appear in some future version of Operation Yewtree. 
He's obviously not coping too well since his walk-out of GMTV has seen him slide towards total irrelevance on some shite channel hardly anyone watches. 
Glorious. 

Not to mention his investment column where he advised Mirror readers to invest in companies that he had stock in.