The normalisation of the far-right continues

Guest Bob Mahelp

4 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

The Labour Party is utterly broke, especially their Scottish branch office. They were having to beg for donations just to be able to field candidates in the 2021 SGE.

Good. I would like to one day vote for labour as I feel that is where my vote lies naturally but I can't do so in their current form. 

Hopefully I'll get to vote for them in an independent Scotland but it's probably long odds for that to happen.

44 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
1 hour ago, Clown Job said:
That’s the MET now woke for telling us the dangers of extreme heat 

C005814C-29CA-4B0A-99CD-F3A729032A41.thumb.jpeg.6851211755620a0e20f0f7abd477c42f.jpeg

There's plenty willing to agree over on the "getting hot in here" thread despite this heat now officially being unprecedented in the UK

It’s just that, in this day and age of 24 hour news, social media, etc., they just go completely over the top.

It was the same with Covid where I’m sure once all the post pandemic reports come out, we’ll find out that all the lockdowns, mask enforcement, etc., were a complete waste of time. It’s pretty well borne out with the very high non-Covid excess deaths which are currently being reported.

We just need a sense of proportion. Interestingly, more people die of extreme cold than they do of extreme heat.

2 hours ago, Clown Job said:

C005814C-29CA-4B0A-99CD-F3A729032A41.jpeg

A Met Office spokesperson said "It will be quite nice in Paisley today and St Mirren are shite and going down"

2 hours ago, Clown Job said:

C005814C-29CA-4B0A-99CD-F3A729032A41.jpeg

"incomparable Boris" 

"... He crushed his puny critics with his customary wit and eloquence..." 

I clearly inhabit another universe from these people. 

Absolute guarantee that DPB will be on here in six months' time fishing that the deaths from extreme cold have been blown out of all proportion, and that he's unaware of any links to hypothermia and being unable to afford heating  :lol:

2 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Absolute guarantee that DPB will be on here in six months' time fishing that the deaths from extreme cold have been blown out of all proportion, and that he's unaware of any links to hypothermia and being unable to afford heating  :lol:

Quite so. It'll be something like 'it's people making choices about how to spend their money and if these pensioners didn't spend so much on Starbucks, Netflix, video games, foreign holidays, the pub, takeaways, bookies, bingo and so on they'd easily be able to afford their energy bills as long as they give up eating.'

54 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Quite so. It'll be something like 'it's people making choices about how to spend their money and if these pensioners didn't spend so much on Starbucks, Netflix, video games, foreign holidays, the pub, takeaways, bookies, bingo and so on they'd easily be able to afford their energy bills as long as they give up eating.'

Actually, if they gave up all the non-essentials you list, they would be able to pay for eating and heating.

Thanks for pointing that out.

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

Awful bold of you to assume he wont have been banned by then

1 hour ago, Snafu said:

GB News likes to challenge science with stupid reasoning. I take it their viewers can't see through all this dumbing down that their intelligence is being insulted. Maybe to the average GB News viewer stupid is normal and intelligence despite the evidence and expertise in various scientific fields counters their view of the world and is left wing and can be written off as woke. Its funny that she thinks that just saying the summer of 1976 would collapse all his reasoning and counter all the evidence that brought him to what he is saying.

This is a decent site which tries to take an impartial look at politics.

Impartiality in this day and age is also woke.:1eye

So many stupid people.

The irony is that these people are not stupid, but they play at being stupid as that is what they think the viewers want and is what keeps them in a job.

I was told many years ago by a broadsheet journalist that some of the hardest jobs in the industry were the hacks writing for the red tops. Generally, they are highly educated people, but have to write in a dumbed down way, which for most is un natural. It's the same with the folk of GBNews and Fox etc. When you see the fox presenters post fox, they become serious journalists again. Unfortunately now, it pays to be an opinionated gobshite rather that a good diligent journalist.

5 hours ago, Snafu said:

What non essentials do you mean since you are an expert on other peoples incomes.

No doubt he'll stereotype furiously. Typical tory - they're all the fucking same. 

1 hour ago, Theyellowbox said:

The irony is that these people are not stupid, but they play at being stupid as that is what they think the viewers want and is what keeps them in a job.

I was told many years ago by a broadsheet journalist that some of the hardest jobs in the industry were the hacks writing for the red tops. Generally, they are highly educated people, but have to write in a dumbed down way, which for most is un natural. It's the same with the folk of GBNews and Fox etc. When you see the fox presenters post fox, they become serious journalists again. Unfortunately now, it pays to be an opinionated gobshite rather that a good diligent journalist.

I thought for a minute that the interviewer might have been deliberately offering the interviewee an opening to go against her employer's world view, but it seems not. She saw the Katie Hopkins path to riches and she was too far down the road to swerve off when poor Katie crashed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beverley_Turner

On 18/07/2022 at 11:00, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Far right snowflakes are now getting upset about international dialling codes.

20220718_105654.thumb.jpg.6f49cba5c2439295da78fa004c429bed.jpg

F*** me, they must be hard up for something to complain about, f****** pathetic.