The normalisation of the far-right continues

Guest Bob Mahelp

15 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

You're talking about a section of the population that is low on intelligence, fucking massive on BMI and likes to play dress up every July to get it up Roman Catholics because reasons. Were you expecting anything else? 

You'd think they could think of something more recent to celebrate than a bunch of mercenaries of random faith hired by a Dutch thug some English traitors invited over to help them out.

Edited by welshbairn

4 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

You'd think they could think of something more recent to celebrate than a bunch of mercenaries of random faith hired by a Dutch thug some English traitors invited over to help them out.

I refer you again to my previous post 😂 

Whilst we are at it surely Scotland needs to change it's national anthem. 

The glee in which some of the scot da gammons belt our the lines about wars and victories from hundreds of years ago is pretty weird for what I like to belive is a forward thinking society. 

I'm sure everyone would agree with this. 

3 minutes ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

The glee in which some of the scot da gammons belt our the lines about wars and victories from hundreds of years ago is pretty weird for what I like to belive is a forward thinking society. 

Flower of Scotland is a shit national anthem so im happy to change it.

Better?

54 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

To go around going "Ha ha, we won, you lost" about an event 330 years ago. How childish is that?

It’s a lot more sinister than that 

They don’t believe Catholics are equals in society they believe they are and should be treated as second class citizens 

I believe Paisley was a supporter of apartheid South Africa 

1 minute ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

Of course it was just a post to show some of the hypocrisy on the go. 

I'd change it for other reasons anyway, same with the UK. 

I didnt see anyone arguing that the theme of Flower of Scotland is a fitting national anthem whilst decrying the stupidity of Orange Walks tbh

3 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

I didnt see anyone arguing that the theme of Flower of Scotland is a fitting national anthem whilst decrying the stupidity of Orange Walks tbh

Well no but it was very obvious to anyone with reading comprehension over the age of primary 5 that my post was in response to people claiming singing about hundreds of year old military victories as being weird.

It is, in both instances. 

Edited by Albus Bulbasaur

10 minutes ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

Absolutely.

1 minute ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

Well no but it was very obvious to anyone with reading comprehension over the age of primary 5 that my post was in response to people claiming singing about hundreds of year old military victories as being weird.

Or was it a pish attempt to cover up for your pal DAFs flailing attempt to describe the reason behind Orange Parades. An attempt which, amazingly, made the whole thing sound even sadder than it is.

3 minutes ago, Big Rider said:

Or was it a pish attempt to cover up for your pal DAFs flailing attempt to describe the reason behind Orange Parades. An attempt which, amazingly, made the whole thing sound even sadder than it is.

I wasn't aware we were pals. 

I disagree with him on plenty of levels just manage to do so without my head melting and getting raging on a football forum over it. 

My point wasn't pish, I'm guessing you don't find Flower of Scotland a bit odd and behind the times? 

Edited by Albus Bulbasaur

3 minutes ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

I disagree with him on plenty of levels just manage to do so without my head melting and getting raging on a football forum over it. 

My point wasn't pish, I'm guessing you don't find Flower of Scotland a bit odd and behind the times? 

I'm not sure about it as an official National Anthem to be used at all official national events, but as an anthem sung before a football or rugby game, where the objective is to whip up the support and motivate the team, then I think it possibly works.

5 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Does anyone know of this mysterious verse 6 of God Save The Queen/King which has the line about crushing rebellious Scots?

"Lord grant that Marshal Wade, May by thy mighty aid, Victory bring. May he sedition hush, And like a torrent rush, Rebellious Scots to crush, God Save the King."

Scotland the Brave is the obvious and better alternative to FoS. But we'll need to change that line in the 3rd verse. Oaft.

Wild are the winds to meet you,
Staunch are the friends that greet you,

11 minutes ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

Cant remember seeing many recent hoards of mutant Scots marching though targeted English settlements ("its ma right byraway") singing about these pointless ancient victories.

6 minutes ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

It seemed like a deflection to help out DAFty.

I agree with you about FOS though. You could start a thread about the national anthems with the most up to date subject matter. 

26 minutes ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

Flower of Scotland is about resisting conquest, not doing it.  

I don't like it at all as a national anthem, though. I remember voting A Man's a Man for A' That in an STV poll years ago suggesting alternatives. 

4 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Cant remember seeing many recent hoards of mutant Scots marching though targeted English settlements ("its ma right byraway") singing about these pointless ancient victories.

This is called moving the goalposts after you've misunderstood something to save face on a football forum. Not a good look MnM. 

1 minute ago, Big Rider said:

It seemed like a deflection to help out DAFty.

I agree with you about FOS though. You could start a thread about the national anthems with the most up to date subject matter. 

Well it would do if you're afraid of balance. 

I'm glad we can agree both are a bit odd. I'll leave you to start the thread, it sounds remarkably boring.