The normalisation of the far-right continues

Guest Bob Mahelp

What's noteworthy is that over the last 5 years, it has become normalised to compare everything to a genocide or holocaust, particularly amongst the right. This minimises what these actually are. I'd hope it was just a lack of ability to fully express something someone may not like. However, I cannot help but think it's not unintentional and is either to provoke people who it offends or keep happy those who deny these things and/or do not feel they were as bad as any normal human being does.

When we stumble blindly into forgetting the horrors of history, we all suffer in the long term. 

13 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

If I wanted to people to engage with me I wouldn’t call myself a Groyper tbh it’s not even good irony if that’s what it is or remotely interesting either way.

No worries mate.  I've explained what it means but a certain few don't want to listen.

If folk want to deliberately annoy me then I'll just continue putting them on ignore, it's easier for me.  Life's too short.

2 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Some Groypers downplay the extremism of their positions, and instruct others on how to engage in entryism and radicalization tactics such as slowly introducing their targets to increasingly extreme ideas

This fledgling clearly missed that lesson.

3 hours ago, Wee Bully said:

Team - Rangers

Who would have thunk it?

The avatar with the st george cross, the DUP and that fucking frog thing was all a bit much. 

I suspect the same "timposter" who was bluebear and who will be back as something equally ott, uptoourknees1690 or something. 

Not saying it's definitely one of the known celtic posters but... 

17 minutes ago, coprolite said:

The avatar with the st george cross, the DUP and that fucking frog thing was all a bit much. 

I suspect the same "timposter" who was bluebear and who will be back as something equally ott, uptoourknees1690 or something. 

Not saying it's definitely one of the known celtic posters but... 

Yup, the DUP thing was over egging the pudding. 

15 minutes ago, sophia said:

On the premise you are referring to one or more of the posters prevalent on this thread today, would there be the opportunity to clarify?

Have you, perchance, developed a rare eye condition?

Normal Island stuff today when the head of an organisation which saves life's at sea has to publicly defend the people in the organisation who volunteer to save life's at sea

What an utter riddy of a country wee Britain is. What kind of pavement dancing loser launches a beer can at some rescued migrants? Fucking pathetic.

3 hours ago, sophia said:

On the premise you are referring to one or more of the posters prevalent on this thread today, would there be the opportunity to clarify?

It's crazy to me that your head could be so far detached that you would clearly post this implicating that I've been a "fud" when all I've done is argue with someone who is probably an alias account with a far right moniker and a troll type "Pepe the frog" DUP avatar. 

On 28/07/2021 at 12:59, Dawson Park Boy said:

Couldn’t be more correct.

Nigel Farage has never been ‘far-right’. I think I once voted UKIP until they forced the Conservatives to become more acceptable. Same with the Brexit Party which again revitalised the Conservatives and brought about Brexit.

Some of those terms are just nonsense.

During these Covid times it has been the left which has been the most authoritarian and illiberal.

I disagree with the left wing = authoritarian, right wing liberal (sic) argument regarding attitudes/developments in the pandemic.

The right wing arguing for civil liberties is disingenuous, part of it's small/no government credo whereas the debate about where the line between individual/collective freedoms is a complex one. As an SNP supporter I have been disappointed by their decisions on where that line should be drawn on numerous occasions during the pandemic, whereas to me BJs UKIPlite Tory party are clearly using it to "other" minorities and remove rights of protest and reintroduce "suss" laws etc...

An 'Official media partner of Rangers FC' pitching up on GB News. Not a good look.

Meanwhile, Brillo appears to have been permanently replaced.

https://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-radio/1472896/Andrew-Neil-return-GB-News-uncertain-Colin-Brazier-replaced-Patrick-Christys-video

3 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

An 'Official media partner of Rangers FC' pitching up on GB News. Not a good look.

https://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-radio/1472896/Andrew-Neil-return-GB-News-uncertain-Colin-Brazier-replaced-Patrick-Christys-video

Two distinct topics in your post there, but neck and neck for biggest minter. Thankfully, absolutely no one will have bothered to "tear themselves away" from St Johnstones fantastic European performance. Interesting tone of condescension towards St Johnstone too, given they are a more successful club, and didnt get their pants pulled down by Malmo as recently as...... 3 days ago

On 06/08/2021 at 00:08, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

He did have time to pen an article demanding his Tory chums say “no” to indyref 2. How the old drunk is managing to survive in France (which is disgusting enough not to have merged itself into a United Kingdom of Iberia - intolerable because Neil thinks union is good - and to remain in that evil EU - intolerable because Neil thinks union is bad) is anyone’s guess. Presumably the poor benighted Gaul has compensations in its wine and … erm … what else is Neil into again? 

0AF3A132-DE3A-41E4-8008-DBD5AB280223.jpeg

Embarrassingly, I let my subscription to the Eye lapse some time ago, but I really do hope that picture is still a regular feature on the letters page.