The normalisation of the far-right continues

Guest Bob Mahelp

5 hours ago, Paco said:

They’re at it to get publicity at the moment. The whole ‘Hugh Janus’ stuff was so obviously planned.

The real surprise is that everyone is falling for it. They launched with pretty much zero fanfare so are pulling out all the stops to get noticed.

I doubt that making a complete arse of yourself is the way to establish your credentials as a serious news station.

26 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I read his column in the Sun one day when I was at work. Princess Diana was a big inspiration to him as a gay teenager growing up in New Zealand because she was in a place where she wasn't really wanted or supported but she carried on. I wish I was kidding. 

I heard that Diana's inspiration was a local gardener with ginger hair.

2 hours ago, Avon Barksdale said:

Did the VL's VL Darren Grimes get a gig on GBNews ?

After flashing his knickers at them for months on end he ended up with a guest slot the other night - apparently there's a quote from Andrew Neill somewhere saying he doesn't rate him (I might have fallen for internet bs with that one though)

I saw that GB News has been beating Sky News and BBC in the ratings since it's launch. I genuinely think there's a significant chunk of people watching it to be annoyed or make jokes about it. 

I saw that GB News has been beating Sky News and BBC in the ratings since it's launch. I genuinely think there's a significant chunk of people watching it to be annoyed or make jokes about it. 
That will bear out pretty quickly if true because those people will move onto the next thing once bored

8 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
13 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

That will bear out pretty quickly if true because those people will move onto the next thing once bored

After witnessing the birth of the FBPE types on Twitter I'm not even sure that they can get bored. They're stuck in some barbed wire between the trenches in culture wars no mans land forever like a decoration imo.

Reminds me of this classic

2 hours ago, Stormzy said:

"According to the TV industry magazine Broadcast, GB News peaked in its opening minutes with 336,000 viewers, meaning it outperformed the 100,000 who watched BBC News across the hour and the 46,000 who watched Sky News."

To provide context, that's 0.005% of the population tuning in to watch the launch of a channel which has been relentlesslypus hed as giving "a voice to the voiceless". I imagine a fair number will have tuned in out of curiosity, and not stayed long. There will also be some giving them the ol' oxygen of publicity by clipping and posting "amusing" videos on SM. SKY News And BBC News already have a demographic who tune in for their news when convenient, taking the rolling news format as normal nowadays. 

Let's see where their viewing figures are in a month's time, when the curious have realised that it's not actually a news channel, after all. My prediction is that they'll be giving a platform to the likes of Hopkins, Yaxley-Lennon, and some of our less-mentally sound cousins from over the pond before Christmas. I'll give Morgan credit - he's keeping well clear of this carcrash. (For now, anyway, maybe the money's not right yet)

Edited by WhiteRoseKillie

2 hours ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

I'll give Morgan credit - he's keeping well clear of this carcrash. (For now, anyway, maybe the money's not right yet)

He may be an egotist, but he's not an idiot. He also has a nice wee sideline on light entertainment to think of which even ITV would reconsider if he was seen to share screen time with absolute lunatics.

Anyhow, isn't it lovely how GB News stubbornly continues to use "Acorn Antiques" as a broadcasting template.

Edited by speckled tangerine

7 hours ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

"According to the TV industry magazine Broadcast, GB News peaked in its opening minutes with 336,000 viewers, meaning it outperformed the 100,000 who watched BBC News across the hour and the 46,000 who watched Sky News."

To provide context, that's 0.005% of the population

🤔

Tuned in briefly to GBNews,, was less than impressed by the male/female gammon combo - if you met them in RealLife you'd be making excuses to go within 30 secs.

Can't see why anyone is getting excited by their Day 1 viewing figures, will be surprised if they're not a distant third behind BBC & Sky within a month.

Thought this would already been on here. I don't know why it isn't big news that the UK government want every kid in every school in the UK to sing this bizarre North Korean-style anthem on 25 June.

Says a lot about how seriously the take this one nation thing that they don't even know the Scottish schools will have broken up for the summer by then.

This is just deeply, deeply disturbing, utter blood-and-soil nationalism.