The normalisation of the far-right continues

Guest Bob Mahelp

57 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Oz is obviously a Dormolin style troubled guy but you would expect he could possibly grasp it would be different people voting for a left wing government than vote for the current right government.

The entire electorate, nations, regions, cities or towns being discussed as a homogeneous mass is the most annoying trend in politics. Sturgeon does it endlessly, Johnson does it, every arsehole media commentator does it. Modern day Volkism. 

The story of Hartlepool is also 14,000 votes disappearing in 4 years and not that many of them went to the Conservatives.

23 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:
1 hour ago, HTG said:
JAYDA FRANSEN - 46
FORTY FUCKING SIX

Are we talking IQ, age, waist measurement or all three here?

She's no got an IQ of 46 and neither does the moronic arsehole who was filming her. 

8 hours ago, Suspect Device said:

Only British food?

Like Chicken Tikka Masalla (originally made in Glasgow Allegedly)

Or a nice Birmingham Balti?

I wonder if they'll have chips on the menu? After all, chips were invented in Belgium and potatoes were originally imported into Europe from South America by the Spanish.

5 hours ago, HTG said:

JAYDA FRANSEN - 46

FORTY FUCKING SIX

• 2 weeks later...

A few online sources are highlighting this but some of you might've missed it:

Nigel Farage is in the middle of a US tour with tickets available to reserve for free online

I'm going to see him in Texas on Thursday :whistle

Only 21 folk turned up in Pittsburgh despite 3000 people reserving these free tickets

If you also fancy 'going' here's the link http://americascomeback2021.com/

(You might need to use a VPN ;))

2 hours ago, Ned Nederlander said:

Nigel Farage is in the middle of a US tour with tickets available to reserve for free online

Only 21 folk turned up in Pittsburgh despite 3000 people reserving these free tickets

When you say you're going to see Farage in Texas I hope that means in the same way as Lee Harvey Oswald went to see JFK in Texas...

There's a few P&Bers will swear blind you were in a pub watching Dumbarton v Edinburgh City that night.

3 hours ago, Ned Nederlander said:

Apparently he's doing the half-time 'whip-up' (whatever that implies) @ Cappielow on Friday.....cant wait!

On 08/05/2021 at 12:46, DA Baracus said:

Dress code: White skin only.

So the topic is...." The normalisation of the far right"........Well...given this weekends distractions (cough!)..couldnt help but notice some Butchers Aprons draped over unoccupied seats @ the Excelsior.........hmmmmmmm.

10 hours ago, Ned Nederlander said:

You think he might have twigged that at least half of those reserving tickets were called Hugh Jarse (judging from what I’ve read on Twitter).

Mike Oxmells hasn’t bought one yet afaik.

Edited by trainspotter
Can’t buy something that’s free.

Gammon News is allegedly launching on Monday

GB News will begin its challenge to the BBC from the end of this month when the news network launches its TV channel.

TV platforms are gearing up for the 24-hour news channel to go live on May 31st, The Telegraph can reveal.

Industry sources said the opinionated news service will begin by broadcasting showreels of its presenters from May 27, with live programming set to start four days later.

However, GB News said the timing of the launch had not been decided.

"The only confirmed dates are related to technical launches," a GB News spokeswoman said.

"No date has been decided for the launch of live programming. That decision will not be made for some time, possibly weeks."

GB News will air on Freeview channel 236 and will be broadcast across Sky, Virgin Media, YouView and Freesat, alongside a dedicated on-demand streaming service.

The news network spearheaded by veteran broadcaster Andrew Neil plans to battle the BBC by targeting audiences that dislike Auntie's rolling news coverage.

The channel is backed by American broadcaster Discovery and has hired a raft of seasoned journalists, including veteran ITV news anchor Alastair Stewart and former BBC News presenter Simon McCoy.

Colin Brazier, the former Sky News presenter, said he joined GB News because "the mainstream broadcasters were getting out of touch with a large portion of the viewership".

"I think people will be surprised to find that it is not as shrill as they are expecting," he added. "It is going to be more thoughtful and positive, and it will not be po-faced.

"Sometimes watching the existing news offerings can feel like being in the audience for an extended sociology lecture - and I don't think this will."

GB News was locked in a race with Rupert Murdoch to become the first organisation to launch a right-leaning news channel before the summer.

However, News UK scrapped its plans for a TV channel last month, claiming it was not "commercially viable". It is now focused on launching a news streaming service.

Alongside Discovery, GB News is backed by hedge fund manager Sir Paul Marshall and the Dubai-based investment fund Legatum.

The broadcaster has secured enough investment to hire 120 journalists in its attempt to shake-up the media landscape.

The Telegraph's economics commentator Liam Halligan is also joining GB News as economics and business editor.

E16w4juWUAYjgc6?format=jpg&name=large

3 minutes ago, MacDuffman said:

I read the article, and you are correct - it is ridiculous. 

11 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Gammon News is allegedly launching on Monday

Reveal hidden contents

E16w4juWUAYjgc6?format=jpg&name=large

Always wondered, what makes someone turn gammon? it can't just be a resistance to change can it? they seem to hate everything from foreigners to electric cars , cyclists and windmills?  a lot of their opposition to covid measures goes beyond thinking that they are disproportionate and ill thought out ( they are) and seems to stem from a more general feeling of not wanting to be told what to do in regards to their own behaviour.

it really just seems like a general dislike of anything new , new things are generally better than old things tho, what a silly thing to get in a rage about 

1 hour ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

Always wondered, what makes someone turn gammon? it can't just be a resistance to change can it? they seem to hate everything from foreigners to electric cars , cyclists and windmills?  a lot of their opposition to covid measures goes beyond thinking that they are disproportionate and ill thought out ( they are) and seems to stem from a more general feeling of not wanting to be told what to do in regards to their own behaviour.

it really just seems like a general dislike of anything new , new things are generally better than old things tho, what a silly thing to get in a rage about 

Okay- let’s take them one by one.

foreigners - no problem at all. I go abroad regularly and keep in touch with lots of ‘foreigners’ as you call them. I do, however, agree with immigration controls and do not agree with open borders. I think most countries in the world adopt such a policy

electric cars - no problem. In fact I have made a bundle from investing in Tesla.

cyclists - a very old means of transport and, again, no problem

wind turbines - at a certain level they are useful as a top up but as a base source of electricity they are no good when the wind isn’t blowing. 
freedom of the individual - I do not like to be bossed about by the state and believe in being independent minded. Seems to be a thing about lefties that they believe in state control.

things new - nonsense - see my reference to Tesla.

52 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Okay- let’s take them one by one.

foreigners - no problem at all. I go abroad regularly and keep in touch with lots of ‘foreigners’ as you call them. I do, however, agree with immigration controls and do not agree with open borders. I think most countries in the world adopt such a policy

electric cars - no problem. In fact I have made a bundle from investing in Tesla.

cyclists - a very old means of transport and, again, no problem

wind turbines - at a certain level they are useful as a top up but as a base source of electricity they are no good when the wind isn’t blowing. 
freedom of the individual - I do not like to be bossed about by the state and believe in being independent minded. Seems to be a thing about lefties that they believe in state control.

things new - nonsense - see my reference to Tesla.

so you're not a gammon then? not all people with right wing views are perma seething,  there are plenty who view money and personal choice in this way

But there are plenty who fall into the -anything new = silly nonsense category and they are mostly right wing 

ETA when Micheal Gove said that people had had enough of experts , he was telling the truth. But it's quite a sad state of affairs when that's how a large number of people make their mind up in this country and politicians like him make capital out of it.  

What he really could have said was " people aren't interested in facts or the truth, they want leaders who will tell them what they want to hear and confirm what they believe to be true "  

Edited by effeffsee_the2nd