The normalisation of the far-right continues

Guest Bob Mahelp

2 minutes ago, GordonS said:

You're just really bigoted, aren't you? Do you have anything worthwhile to contribute?

I'm not bigoted at all, what makes you say this? 

I think rating what we say and what other say on a footballing messageboard as worthwhile contributions is a dangerous game, could you perhaps show me some of your worthwhile contributions and some of the lesser ones to guide me on the right tracks? 

3 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

I'm not bigoted at all, what makes you say this? 

I think rating what we say and what other say on a footballing messageboard as worthwhile contributions is a dangerous game, could you perhaps show me some of your worthwhile contributions and some of the lesser ones to guide me on the right tracks? 

You can read my previous posts easily enough if you like.

It doesn't matter whether it's a football message board or not, you're not talking about football. You're seeing something in the faces of politicians that doesn't exist, and that's pretty messed up. I strongly dislike some of the people in that picture and would never vote for them, but I'm not so unhinged that I'll make up a pile of dehumanising drivel about their faces.

8 minutes ago, GordonS said:

It doesn't matter whether it's a football message board or not, you're not talking about football. You're seeing something in the faces of politicians that doesn't exist, and that's pretty messed up. I strongly dislike some of the people in that picture and would never vote for them, but I'm not so unhinged that I'll make up a pile of dehumanising drivel about their faces.

fa4.png

23 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Dehumanising drivel = gammon? 

Is that what you're referring too? Someone else said Brexiteers look the same (gammon) and someone else jokingly put a bunch of Scottish Nationalists together and said they look the same, you're outrage here is not over dehumanising drivel it's because you dont think the Scottish ones look alike enough to warrant being edited next to each other??

That's unhinged, so is calling me a bigot for no reason then trying to make a point about worthwhile points, where is the integrity you goober, practice what you preach. 

36 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

i think you're overanalysing this. The funny thing is the gammons/american white supremacists do all look alike. Like it'd have been funnier if he had got pictures of 9 McGlashans from an AUOB and posted that because at least that makes sense. But Glen Minter doesn't post things to be funny, it's all 100% posted with clenched teeth.

No no no, you guys are over analysing it. I understand the joke fully and don't think either are funny to be honest, I dont know the poster you're referring to but he clearly posted a retort to wind up some people, it worked, I continued this light hearted joke and then this next man is here calling me a bigot that's posting dehumanising drivel... it's bonkers. 

It's even more so tragic the fact that nobody ever calls out the nutters for being nutters because you all agree on Indy.. 

4 hours ago, Stormzy said:

Is that what you're referring too? Someone else said Brexiteers look the same (gammon) and someone else jokingly put a bunch of Scottish Nationalists together and said they look the same, you're outrage here is not over dehumanising drivel it's because you dont think the Scottish ones look alike enough to warrant being edited next to each other??

That's unhinged, so is calling me a bigot for no reason then trying to make a point about worthwhile points, where is the integrity you goober, practice what you preach. 

If you follow the conversation and the pictures you'll see it was about actual white supremacists.

3 hours ago, MixuFruit said:

i think you're overanalysing this. The funny thing is the gammons/american white supremacists do all look alike. Like it'd have been funnier if he had got pictures of 9 McGlashans from an AUOB and posted that because at least that makes sense. But Glen Minter doesn't post things to be funny, it's all 100% posted with clenched teeth.

This is true. Nine pictures of folk in Glengarrys would have been funny. Nine pictures of mainstream politicians that don't look anything like each other was just rubbish. 

5 hours ago, Stormzy said:

No no no, you guys are over analysing it. I understand the joke fully and don't think either are funny to be honest, I dont know the poster you're referring to but he clearly posted a retort to wind up some people, it worked, I continued this light hearted joke and then this next man is here calling me a bigot that's posting dehumanising drivel... it's bonkers. 

It's even more so tragic the fact that nobody ever calls out the nutters for being nutters because you all agree on Indy.. 

Are you sure you're OK, ***? 

I certainly agree that nutters should be called out regardless. I had no time for Wings and his dreadful bigotry towards the gay community.  Also a few of the more wild eyed Indy types found their way on to my Block list when I did Twitter.  Same went for their mirror reflection  Unionist types on Twitter such as AgentP and historywoman who now resemble wild eyed figures who have been out in the bush too long as they scream into their echo chamber to ever diminishing results.

I am pro Independence, having made the journey from where you were Stormzy.  But I'm not so blinded to it to think that Indy=good/Yoon=bad because that is the logic of an idiot that has left America in a hole for the last 5 years. We are all Scots and whatever happens we are going to have to get along with each other. 

17 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

I'm very surprised that Stormzy votes Tory and supports Rangers. 

Do we have any other famous posters on here?

I'd presumed it was short for Stormfront, I hadn't twigged that he's really the UK's foremost Grime artist.

3 hours ago, AndyM said:

I certainly agree that nutters should be called out regardless. I had no time for Wings and his dreadful bigotry towards the gay community.  Also a few of the more wild eyed Indy types found their way on to my Block list when I did Twitter.  Same went for their mirror reflection  Unionist types on Twitter such as AgentP and historywoman who now resemble wild eyed figures who have been out in the bush too long as they scream into their echo chamber to ever diminishing results.

I am pro Independence, having made the journey from where you were Stormzy.  But I'm not so blinded to it to think that Indy=good/Yoon=bad because that is the logic of an idiot that has left America in a hole for the last 5 years. We are all Scots and whatever happens we are going to have to get along with each other. 

Great post. 

I'm English though but I agree as Brits whatever happens we are going to have to get along with each other. 

2 hours ago, Suspect Device said:

I should have realised when he wore the Rangers stab vest at Glastonbury.

I thought the whole "f**k the government and f**k Boris line" would've ruined the jig. 

For what it's worth I no longer like Stormzy. 

6 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

Great post. 

I'm English though but I agree as Brits whatever happens we are going to have to get along with each other. 

Right. So Spain, then the Borders, then Australia, now England. I'm convinced, you're McSpreader! Prize please.

49 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Right. So Spain, then the Borders, then Australia, now England. I'm convinced, you're McSpreader! Prize please.

I've lived in the Borders for 22 years but was born in Leeds and then travelled Europe for 3 years. I'm 27 and I spent 6 months in Murcia when I made this account. I've never been to Australia because f**k the flight, f**k the heat and f**k the insects. I'd love to live in Canada though.

The sooner this forum gets over Brexit and the Union and the fact Rangers will win the league again then the sooner we can move onto CANZUK and all be happy. 

1 minute ago, Stormzy said:

The sooner this forum gets over Brexit and the Union and the fact Rangers will win the league again then the sooner we can move onto CANZUK and all be happy. 

Top notch post.  I expect a lot  of opprobrium, though, for your use of 'again'.

It's strange, though.  Many P&Bers have travelled/lived/worked worldwide but are extraordinarily parochial.  How do you account for this phenomenon?