The normalisation of the far-right continues

Guest Bob Mahelp

4 hours ago, MixuFruit said:

Someone once said that Owen Jones gets so much shit from pundits because for a brief period the first time Corbyn was challenged he wobbled towards supporting that then rubbed his eyes and snapped out of it and started calling the movement to oust him for what it was. This was utterly unforgivable to blue ticks and it causes them physical pain to imagine people bracketing him and them together.

Someone pointed out that Owen Jones is everything centrists claim they want in a leftist and yet they utterly loathe him. 

3 hours ago, MixuFruit said:

Is that from SomethingAwful or somewhere else? They used to be bad for permitting fascism but have since clamped down quite hard.

SA was also responsible for producing a lot of weird leftists as well. I think Immolations, Don Hughes, Felix Biederman, and Virgil Texas all came from there.

1 hour ago, ThatBoyRonaldo said:

That's interesting. I quite like immolations on twitter and the chapo guys are funny it has to be said but there is something weird about all those you mention.

All that said, the below is one of the all time great tweets imo

https://mobile.twitter.com/immolations/status/586464591711969281

Met up with immo last time he was up here and can confirm an absolutely top fella. As funny irl.

It would be awful if he gets a bit poorly after his EHIC protection runs out after Christmas.

Prior to his move to Spain he said that Muslim refugees fleeing a warzone in Syria should be “sent back”.

He said: “I’d personally send every adult male Muslim that has come into the EU over the past 12 months back tomorrow if I could. Fake refugees.”

It's at times like this we all miss ageing racist @sureiknow helpfully informing us all that this is the work of those horrible lefties.

I'm sure that the pint-sized nonce running away after an "arson attack" which only he has footage of, and there is absolutely no official record of, has nothing at all to do with the trial he's facing for defamation of a teenage Syrian refugee. 

Like his supporters, Robinson is a snivelling wee coward, capable of little more than spreading hate through lie after lie on social media. 

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

^^Not that I would ever condone gratuitous violence but that was a beautiful, and fully deserved, right hand lead @ 5m10s.

I wish i had seen the time it happened before sitting through it. It was a nice one all the same.