The normalisation of the far-right continues

Guest Bob Mahelp

Just now, MixuFixit said:

On the one hand I quite want to watch this, but on the other hand I've made it this far in life never having actually heard Ben Shapiro's voice.

Pinch your nose, adopt an American accent and say something like "ah, I'm gonna use racial grievances"

13 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

On the one hand I quite want to watch this, but on the other hand I've made it this far in life never having actually heard Ben Shapiro's voice.

Yeah, it's fucking squeaky.

Hadn't really heard anything about Shapiro apart from his admirable resignation from Breitbart, but he sounds really vacuous. Another interview here. A few phrases and concepts learnt by heart to sound intellectual to the thick, like Jordan Peterson. And the Milo rapid fire technique.

https://www.vox.com/2019/5/9/18410886/ben-shapiro-right-side-of-history 

Edited by welshbairn

23 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Hadn't really heard anything about Shapiro apart from his admirable resignation from Breitbart, but he sounds really vacuous. Another interview here. A few phrases and concepts learnt by heart to sound intellectual to the thick, like Jordan Peterson. And the Milo rapid fire technique.

https://www.vox.com/2019/5/9/18410886/ben-shapiro-right-side-of-history 

He resigned because Bannon came in and was overtly anti-Semitic which is beyond the pale for his racism apparently. Shapiro regularly contributed to the Black Crime section of the website which saw a substantial decrease in updates after he disappeared. 

Just now, NotThePars said:

He resigned because Bannon came in and was overtly anti-Semitic which is beyond the pale for his racism apparently. Shapiro regularly contributed to the Black Crime section of the website which saw a substantial decrease in updates after he disappeared. 

It wasn't when Breitbart failed to stand up for their female reporter who was manhandled by Lewandowski, as he claims?

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

It wasn't when Breitbart failed to stand up for their female reporter who was manhandled by Lewandowski, as he claims?

I think that's the reason he gave so it depends how charitable you're willing to be. Given his conduct on, well, everything I'm not inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt.

I wish Neil had asked him, when he said human life is sacred or whatever so should be protected as his reason for opposing abortion after the instant of conception, so you're opposed to the death penalty then?  

15 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Fat Nazi Dankula fancying his chances down Ruel Street.

Desperate for publicity for clicks when he's 4th on the list for UKIP with zero chance of getting one, far less 4. Ignoring him will really piss him off.

24 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I think I'd rather eat razor blades than watch Benny vs. Andrew Neil, regardless of the outcome

You didn't miss too much tbh.

Basically:

Andrew Neil (3000 year old decrepit tory): Mr Shapiro, you wrote that all Palestinians are literally dogshit and deserve to die. Whilst I secretly agree with you, you shouldn't say it out loud. It's not nice.

Ben Shapiro (incredibly small VL): I am walking out of this interview because you are a literal Marxist.

7 hours ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

You didn't miss too much tbh.

Basically:

Andrew Neil (3000 year old decrepit tory): Mr Shapiro, you wrote that all Palestinians are literally dogshit and deserve to die. Whilst I secretly agree with you, you shouldn't say it out loud. It's not nice.

Ben Shapiro (incredibly small VL): I am walking out of this interview because you are a literal Marxist.

A succinct summary, but omitting that Shapiro sounds like Dale out of the Rescue Rangers.

On 5/10/2019 at 13:26, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Accusing Andrew fucking Neil of being a lefty is quite incredible ignorance.

Next to Shapiro, Andrew Neil is a lefty tbh.

The interview went badly for Shapiro and very, very well for Neil but it shouldn't distract from the BBC inviting Shapiro on to promote his book in the first place.
Get him and his books straight into the sea.