The normalisation of the far-right continues

Guest Bob Mahelp

1 hour ago, Londonwell said:

Please god can we exile "Packie" Bonnar post Independence?

45 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

^^^^ Reported for racism. 

Don't worry, we have a space at our next Ayrshire KKK meeting and you're more than welcome to join us.

1 hour ago, AUFC90 said:
18 hours ago, WATTOO said:
Don't worry, we have a space at our next Ayrshire KKK meeting and you're more than welcome to join us.

I've only got a black and white bed sheet. Will that do ?

That's fine, it's the thought that counts...........

9 hours ago, AUFC90 said:
On 04/03/2019 at 16:40, WATTOO said:

I've only got a black and white bed sheet. Will that do ?

A dirty and white bed sheet? How does that even begin to make sense?

On a more general point, the rise of the right in Europe should be causing far more concern.  I’m worried that we can collectively sleep walk into a situation and in five or ten years time be thinking “how the f*ck did we get here?”

It is less than a century since fascism in Europe caused devastation.

Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.

I'm no conspiracy theorist but I think Youtube use has a lot to do with the normalisaiton of  dissident views.  

I think young, inquisitive men are being brought round to these ideas on a slippery slope.  There's an angst amongst a proportion of guys and it's being let by quasi-intellectuals framing debates against "SJW" and "radical feminists" etc.  There are all these buzzwords out there now that people discuss online but rarely, if ever, offline.

You watch one Jordan Peterson video and you're bombarded with more and more.  Logical arguments are made against narrow, extreme feminist-gender ideology which leads normal guys down a path of starting to question whether inequalities exist at all.  Their life isn't easy and they're a guy.  Isn't it funny to see these "woke" people  brought down a peg or two back to REALITY.

Then you start questioning the whole mantra of progressive thought and, helpfully, there's a Ben Shapiro video waving at you debating some pink haired boy about Healthcare.  You're then drawn to some issue about the A word.  There's actual representatives discussing the killing of children without the rights of the father.  9 times out of ten these channels flash more videos about other **TAKE DOWNS of SJW types!!!  **  about immigration, gender paygap or something else of that ilk.

All of  a sudden you've got Rebel media and conservative talk shows on your recommended watch panel whenever you open up Youtube.   They start to become you're point of reference rather than the BBC or other "establishment" means of getting news.  All of this is to consider alternative media as a great saviour of what people really think. 

I've been moved to write this as I've now had two conversations with friends in the last month who have verbatim given me Jordan Peterson arguments (i haven't pulled them up on it) and seem to have changed their political views; particularly on women.  We're a group of pals that are not massively political.  I've sensed guys who maybe share a flat, maybe still not got a settle relationship sit on youtube more than they should and this can be the result.  They start to become more open to points of view they'd never have considered previously.  As I say as a group we are not massivley political; when asked who are the feminists making the outrageous comments, they don't know any.  It's all online.  If they discussed it with their girl pals they'd find nuanced views. 

I don't think it's a conspiracy, I just think the algorithms and alternative media are come together in a way that can produce this.  I think you could do a whole study on this.

Edited by tirso

2 minutes ago, tirso said:

I don't think it's a conspiracy, I just think the algorithms and alternative media are come together in a way that can produce this.  I think you could do a whole study on this.

You might be right but there are also people deliberately using the way it works to promote a far right and misogynist populist agenda. They seem to be doing very well, not sure what their real aims are or if they're just having a laugh.