The normalisation of the far-right continues

Guest Bob Mahelp

Guest Bob Mahelp
17 hours ago, RedRob72 said:

The BNP haven’t managed to secure one single Westminster MP since its formation or the National Front before it. The handful of council & European seats they have managed to win in that period have been short lived tenures on realisation of their total ineffectuality in serving ‘their communities’.
Compared with the far right in a number of neighbouring European countries their futile standing across the UK Electorate remains completely insignificant.
Feel certain that the Griffins appearance and performance on QT received FAR more ridicule and derision that it gained in genuine and influential support.

The BNP were a follow-on from the National Front and formed at a time when there was no social media or the thousand ways to come into public consciousness that we have today.

They were rightly seen as extremists and (mostly) treated as such.

UKIP are simply a far more subtle, intelligent branch of the BNP and as such were given a kind of main-stream credibility that covered up the fact that they're simply ignorant racists and xenophobes.

The BBC and other media outlets saw Farage as 'good TV' and as such have given him a constant platform to air his populist, dog-whistle politics.

There's no need for the BNP or even UKIP to exist anymore. They've effectively won everything they always wanted. The Tories are simply UKIP in disguise, and right-wing views across the country are now seen as normal and are treated as such by the likes of the BBC.

The natural next step is the normalisation of the EDL and their poisonous views.

This Robinson sounds a dick.

Now, who wants to explain to me why national self determination on the basis of an imagined British national identity is right wing whereas national self determination on the basis of an imagined Scottish national identity is self evidently "right"?

Scottish nationalism is still nationalism and therefore right wing.

2 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Now, who wants to explain to me why national self determination on the basis of an imagined British national identity is right wing whereas national self determination on the basis of an imagined Scottish national identity is self evidently "right"?

Nope.  Google it champ.  There's loads of types of nationalism.  Robinson etc Al have a strong ethnic is racist tint to their brand of nationalism, Scottish nationalism is simply the belief that Scotland should be governed by the people who live here, regardless of their race or nationality.

So many thick fuckers in Scotland. Embarrassing

Gonna assume this is trolling, rather than the poster being monumentally thick here.

You clearly do not understand the difference between ethnic nationalism and civic nationalism.

Why are both the right and left so convinced the media is biased against them? it cant be both

Most of the main stream media journalists are pragmatic centrists, apart from a few rent a gob columnists. They don't know what the fucks going on either, or how to cover it with a semblance of neutrality.

2 hours ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

Why are both the right and left so convinced the media is biased against them? it cant be both

Who is the left wing Nigel Farage, Tommy Robinson etc? Who are the lefties outside the mainstream political system getting constant air time?

And if you say George fucking Galloway I'll boot you in the pie.

Guest Bob Mahelp
9 hours ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Who is the left wing Nigel Farage, Tommy Robinson etc? Who are the lefties outside the mainstream political system getting constant air time?

And if you say George fucking Galloway I'll boot you in the pie.

Remember as well that the print media in the UK is overwhelmingly right-wing. 

The Sun, The Daily Mail, The Express, The Telegraph, The Times.  All of them aggressively pursuing a pro-Brexit, pro-Rees Mogg type agenda.

It's actually a wonder that the UK has ever elected a Labour government at all.

14 hours ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Nope.  Google it champ.  There's loads of types of nationalism.  Robinson etc Al have a strong ethnic is racist tint to their brand of nationalism, Scottish nationalism is simply the belief that Scotland should be governed by the people who live here, regardless of their race or nationality.

14 hours ago, DublinMagyar said:
14 hours ago, coprolite said:

So many thick fuckers in Scotland. Embarrassing

14 hours ago, jupe1407 said:

Gonna assume this is trolling, rather than the poster being monumentally thick here.

11 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

You clearly do not understand the difference between ethnic nationalism and civic nationalism.

I'm not equating Sturgeon and Farage, let alone Robinson.

I can see that some people probably do believe in the whole civic thing. To me though, that sounds like a justification as to why scottish nationalism isn't as bad as others. 

A huge number of nats just hate the English and I've heard enough chat about white settlers and ethnic abuse that i can't believe that scottish nationalists don't include anyone that harbours these sentiments. 

At the end of the day, you believe in nationality as the most important factor in government. That's a right wing position. Not saying it's wrong, but you need to be honest with yourselves.

I can see that some people probably do believe in the whole civic thing. To me though, that sounds like a justification as to why scottish nationalism isn't as bad as others. 
A huge number of nats just hate the English and I've heard enough chat about white settlers and ethnic abuse that i can't believe that scottish nationalists don't include anyone that harbours these sentiments. 
At the end of the day, you believe in nationality as the most important factor in government. That's a right wing position. Not saying it's wrong, but you need to be honest with yourselves.
No, we don't-nationality has feck all to do with Scottish independence.

I'll clarify my earlier post. You're clearly as thick as f**k.

14 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Look mate, you're too dumb to discuss this. Just shut up.

13 minutes ago, coprolite said:

I don't give a f**k about nationality, I just don't like getting ruled by Tories and dragged out of the EU because of the vote in another country.