The normalisation of the far-right continues

Guest Bob Mahelp

Guest Bob Mahelp

Tommy Robinson.

6 months ago nobody had heard of the c**t, and if they had it was only to recognise him as an ignorant, racist nutter.

Today I had the car radio on and listened as BBC 5Live gave this guy a full 20 minutes of coverage, including having a reporter outside prison waiting breathlessly on his release.

This is what the BBC did with Farage. An irrelevant nobody with extreme views was suddenly given constant mainstream publicity allowing him to use dog-whistle politics to appeal to the lowest common denominator......before you know it Farage is never off TV, and his views and those of UKIP are now those which control the Westminster government.

Robinson is getting support from the dangerous figures on the far-right...Wilders and Bannon being only two....and I can't help but wonder if there will be forces at play over the next months pushing Robinson ever more into public consciousness, and therefore normalising his extreme views.

God, I hate the UK.

2 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Tommy Robinson.

6 months ago nobody had heard of the c**t, and if they had it was only to recognise him as an ignorant, racist nutter.

Today I had the car radio on and listened as BBC 5Live gave this guy a full 20 minutes of coverage, including having a reporter outside prison waiting breathlessly on his release.

This is what the BBC did with Farage. An irrelevant nobody with extreme views was suddenly given constant mainstream publicity allowing him to use dog-whistle politics to appeal to the lowest common denominator......before you know it Farage is never off TV, and his views and those of UKIP are now those which control the Westminster government.

Robinson is getting support from the dangerous figures on the far-right...Wilders and Bannon being only two....and I can't help but wonder if there will be forces at play over the next months pushing Robinson ever more into public consciousness, and therefore normalising his extreme views.

God, I hate the UK.

He's in it for the money, bet he's got crowdfunded a couple of hundred thousand for deluded Yanks from his latest stunt. You could see his brain ticking over when the Scottish guy who trained his dog to give a nazi salute when he said "Gas the Jews" got done, and got loads of dosh from the States. I agree it's very dangerous when the likes of Steve Bannon take him on as his poodle, especially with the European Parliament elections coming up next Spring.

https://tommyrobinson.online/support/

Edited by welshbairn

Guest Bob Mahelp
1 hour ago, Jeff Venom said:

It's Overton's Window in action.

I had to Google that...very interesting. It sums up UKIP and their policies completely..

• Unthinkable
  • Radical
  • Acceptable
  • Sensible
  • Popular
  • Policy

That took around 10 years for UKIP ideas to go from 'unthinkable' to 'policy' . 

I wonder how long it will take the even more extreme views of Robinson and his like to become acceptable ?

Ive said this before, those on the far right of the conservative party are absolutely loving it right now, getting pushed towards a delightful little englander world of getting rid of immigrants and trading jam with the colonies. Its fucking frightening that people dont seem to either care or realise that this is happening, allowing Farage, Robinson et al airtime on the BBC brings their views into the mainstream.

5 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Tommy Robinson.

God, I hate the UK.

Quality post from a quality poster

No matter what we think of TR the thing is a Judge quashed the sentance owing it to be wrong.

Now if it had been me I would still be doing that 13 months jail.

The original Judge should be stood down.

Would you want to be up in front of him?

58 minutes ago, sureiknow said:

No matter what we think of TR the thing is a Judge quashed the sentance owing it to be wrong.

Now if it had been me I would still be doing that 13 months jail.

The original Judge should be stood down.

Would you want to be up in front of him?

You do realise that he's only been released on bail.  He's going back to court.

Edited by aDONisSheep

10 minutes ago, aDONisSheep said:

You do realise that he's only been released on bail.  He's going back to court.

Yes I do.

His original sentence has been quashed. 

At least he will hopefully get a fair Trial

The same as anyone should expect to have.

9 minutes ago, sureiknow said:

Yes I do.

His original sentence has been quashed. 

At least he will hopefully get a fair Trial

The same as anyone should expect to have.

Like the people whose trial he disrupted and potentially collapsed expected, you mean? And the other trial the year before? They would have loved to get off because Tommy Yaxley-Lennon influenced the jury and made it an unfair trial. Money grabbing publicity gobbler imo. No shame in his soul.

Edited by welshbairn

4 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Like the people whose trial he disrupted and potentially collapsed expected, you mean? And the other trial the year before? They would have loved to get off because Tommy Yaxley-Lennon influenced the jury and made it an unfair trial.

Well my thoughts on TR.

I expect him to be be found guilty.  There were reporting restrictions,  He broke them.

He won't do anymore Jail time I think.

My point is he should be treated the same way as say a Guy who is accused of defrauding people.

A guy who sits on a bench drinking and abuses people. 

No one should be rail roaled in Court as he was. 

The Justice system is wrong if it comes to the part you can't afford a decent Lawyer .

And i still say if it was me I would still be in Jail.

6 minutes ago, sureiknow said:

Well my thoughts on TR.

I expect him to be be found guilty.  There were reporting restrictions,  He broke them.

He won't do anymore Jail time I think.

My point is he should be treated the same way as say a Guy who is accused of defrauding people.

A guy who sits on a bench drinking and abuses people. 

No one should be rail roaled in Court as he was. 

The Justice system is wrong if it comes to the part you can't afford a decent Lawyer .

And i still say if it was me I would still be in Jail.

I don't get that. He knowingly committed contempt of court at one trial, potentially letting the accused off, gets a suspended sentence and does the exact same thing a few months later. How is that comparable to someone abusing someone and drinking on a park bench? Defrauding people could get you serious time by the way, don't do it. 

A lot of people were saying much the same when Nick Griffin was on QT. Apparently letting him spout his pish would lead to a surge in support for the BNP. Where is he now?

I don't believe that the far right is a massive problem but if you appear to be clamping down on their 'free speech' we might see a build up of support. 

Of course Robinson's arrest was not about freedom of speech and all about the right to a fair trial.