City v Albion Rovers

Guest Landan Spiv

Guest Landan Spiv

Here we go 1st league game on Saturday (although I'll be missing the first month of the season due to work) 

Score predictions 

Inevitables

Crowd prediction etc. 

Im going for a 3-1 City win. Inevitable we'll make hard work of it 1st half. Crowd prediction 350 

We need a good start this year. The emotional rollercoaster of the last two seasons is not good for the old blood pressure 

Guest Landan Spiv
10 hours ago, Chris_the_rover said:

Where's the closest place to get a pre match pint. Is tgere a social club at the ground?

Bar upstairs will be open from 1.45 until 2.30ish. A warm welcome to all away supporters awaits 

Unlucky, if not wholly unexpected; I did end up picking ECFC for Last Man Standing this week, and many others with me.

Lots of young boys in the Rovers team who seemed happy to get a crack at League football, but the gaffer will have to make sure that initial enthusiasm doesn't die down or it will be a very long and ultimately disappointing season.

Happy for my City friends to get a good start to the season, get in there you lot!

Ooft, what an opening day spanking for Rovers. They might spend the entire season in the 10th spot they already occupy!

Were Edinburgh any good or just made to look so by the opposition?

We’re a significantly better side than we have been the previous 2 years and played some lovely stuff at points today but there’s no doubt the (lack of) quality of the opposition helped.

Thought the Albion heads dropped after we went 2 up and meant we could pop the ball about at will.

3 hours ago, Clyde01 said:

Ooft, what an opening day spanking for Rovers. 

Were Edinburgh any good or just made to look so by the opposition?

Yes, we were outstanding mate, from 61st minute till last!  I'll be disappointed if we've not won the league by Easter.

Archived