Healthcare in America

2 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
24 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:
There's a lot of great things about America and Americans, but my god that country is fucked in the head.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-45009078

A country that doesn't provide healthcare for its citizens is not a country. Pathetic

Yeah I think you should judge a society by how it looks after the least fortunate in society.  Nobody does that worse than the USA.

My cousins ex man in the states died last year in his 30's, he worked and had insurance got cancer and was getting the best of treatment, once the liability limit top out he was sent home. They had a crowdfunder etc and had some care access but he didn't last long. He was terminal but I doubt the upheaval to return home to meagre care and family assistance aided his well being or his end of life dignity.

The USA hates it's poor.  If your not rich yer fukced.  no health care, no fall back when you are on hard times or get put in jail for donkeys for petty crime. 

4 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

My cousins ex man in the states died last year in his 30's, he worked and had insurance got cancer and was getting the best of treatment, once the liability limit top out he was sent home. They had a crowdfunder etc and had some care access but he didn't last long. He was terminal but I doubt the upheaval to return home to meagre care and family assistance aided his well being or his end of life dignity.

The USA hates it's poor.  If your not rich yer fukced.  no health care, no fall back when you are on hard times or get put in jail for donkeys for petty crime. 

Yeah some of the stories are horrific.  I read an article about a family that lost a kid in a school shooting getting an itemised bill for their medical care that came to like a hundred grand and broke them.  They had a crowdfunder too but it didn't cover all of it.

One of the arguments against it, made I think by Meghan McCain, was that richer hospitals won’t be able to pioneer health research if they just let any old fucker in off the street for treatment. Meanwhile Cuba has eliminated transmission of HIV from mothers to their children.

3 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

And wants to make owning guns as easy as possible.

One thing we don't understand here is to them guns are cool, and they make middle aged men who couldn't fight sleep feel like they're hardmen. Nobody mentions these things in the gun debate, it's nothing to do with freedom and liberty for many it's just a penis enhancer.

5 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

One of the arguments against it, made I think by Meghan McCain, was that richer hospitals won’t be able to pioneer health research if they just let any old fucker in off the street for treatment. Meanwhile Cuba has eliminated transmission of HIV from mothers to their children.

It's just mental gymnastics to defend inhumane actions.  The largest cause of bankruptcy in the USA is medical bills.

It's insane over here

Had a workplace accident,nothing serious and some dickhead called an ambulance

When it arrived I told them I didn't need one but the paramedics insisted,even involved the law

The cop that showed up advised me to get in the ambulance because I'd be paying for it anyway

1300 dollars the b*****ds hit me up for

The USA is basically a medieval country with broadband and fully automatic weapons. There, you're either well off or absolutely worthless. Finally it has a President to reflect what a total clusterfuck of a place it is. Get it into the fucking sea.

5 minutes ago, Bandstand said:

It's insane over here

Had a workplace accident,nothing serious and some dickhead called an ambulance

When it arrived I told them I didn't need one but the paramedics insisted,even involved the law

The cop that showed up advised me to get in the ambulance because I'd be paying for it anyway

1300 dollars the b*****ds hit me up for

That's fkn amazing.  Here you could get an ambulance every day for a month and it wouldn't cost you a penny.

Just now, jupe1407 said:

The USA is basically a medieval country with broadband and fully automatic weapons. There, you're either well off or absolutely worthless. Finally it has a President to reflect what a total clusterfuck of a place it is. Get it into the fucking sea.

It's basically a few countries, the urban developed parts are like Singapore or something, the rural parts are like Romania or Kazakhstan or whatever.  

Brexit voters should read these articles because when we trade away healthcare provision for a shite deal with them this is exactly what will happen here. American healthcare providers are already donating to the tories and getting media attention as people they sponsor are frequently quoted on the likes of bbc news and current affairs programs. This is the kind of thing which the tories fucking dream of and we’re just sleepwalking into it, stupefied by love island and the sun etc.

28 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Brexit voters should read these articles because when we trade away healthcare provision for a shite deal with them this is exactly what will happen here. American healthcare providers are already donating to the tories and getting media attention as people they sponsor are frequently quoted on the likes of bbc news and current affairs programs. This is the kind of thing which the tories fucking dream of and we’re just sleepwalking into it, stupefied by love island and the sun etc.

The Tories want this as ideologically they are opposed to the NHS.  They don't believe we should have one, but know that the public would never vote for this so they are doing it by stealth. 

5 hours ago, Peppino Impastato said:

One thing we don't understand here is to them guns are cool, and they make middle aged men who couldn't fight sleep feel like they're hardmen. Nobody mentions these things in the gun debate, it's nothing to do with freedom and liberty for many it's just a penis enhancer.

nail on head with this one. :thumsup2

Whats Banana's take on this:lol:

12 hours ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Somebody posted recently that the argument that 'everyone should have a gun is because everyone else has a gun' is like responding to one kid throwing stones in the playground by putting more stones in the playground. 

Archived