Cumnock vs kello

I'm sorry if capital letters to highlight what information we had been given has offended you. 
I'm only trying to pass on the information, rather than leave it where people are guessing or making up their own conclusions.
Perhaps I should just leave you all to it.
As for interpretation of the rule, advice was sought, and given. There is nothing in the competition rules regarding the situation and as organisers we cannot set a precedent that may affect another game some other time.
We don't like it any more than anyone else, we could certainly do without the added fixture.

In the event of a game being unfinished through darkness due to late appearance of one or both teams, or any other cause, the Referee shall report same to the Regional Secretary, stating the time at which both teams appeared on the pitch or any other reason for the failure to complete. The Committee shall have the power to hold each match as finished and allow the result at the time of stoppage to stand if circumstances, in the opinion of the Committee, warrant such action.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only the WRSJFA could cause themselves a "fixture headache" in JULY, over a match that was delayed and then abandoned due to darkness at 7-1 with 5 minutes to go.

I'd be less concerned about "setting a precedent" (which is what, exactly? Common sense?) than giving further credence to the well-established notion that they couldn't organise a piss up in a venue designed for that purpose and with the dedicated support of an experienced team of professional Piss Up Executives.

Can see both sides here. Yes, it was highly unlikely that Kello would come back, but not replaying the game would set a precedent. Where would the line be drawn in future for other matches that were abandoned in terms of the scoreline and the time remaining? The management committee can't sit and judge that one result should stand because there was a big lead, but then say another match has to be replayed because there was only 2 goals in it. Likewise they can't let one result stand because there was only a few minutes left but replay another because it had 20 minutes to go.

Can see both sides here. Yes, it was highly unlikely that Kello would come back, but not replaying the game would set a precedent. Where would the line be drawn in future for other matches that were abandoned in terms of the scoreline and the time remaining? The management committee can't sit and judge that one result should stand because there was a big lead, but then say another match has to be replayed because there was only 2 goals in it. Likewise they can't let one result stand because there was only a few minutes left but replay another because it had 20 minutes to go.

What about simply playing the time that remains? Would that be a fair compromise? Bring Kello back to Cumnock for less than ten minutes.

Hopefully common sense prevails as this situation is ludicrous. Have the paying punters been considered? We’ve paid money for a non event.

There was a wave of optimism sweeping Junior football regarding the new fixtures set up, however yet again we’re find ourselves with the powers that be hiding behind dated bureaucracy.

To correct an error I made earlier, there was no “malfunction” of the floodlights, they were timed to go off at the time they did

Therefore if floodlights go of due to the lateness of the evening is it likely that that event will have went hand in hand with an almost 1 hour delay for a serious injury- very very unlikely , but, if it ever does then allow the game to be deemed as over at that time
If either of the two main reasons we have an issue were the only reason involved, then I can possibly see the sense of replaying the game
However, the likelihood of this full scenario happening again is slim so I don’t see where the precedent is being set

Maybe bring in a rule that states clubs can only play games under lights if the club has control over the lights.

The club has control of the lights, however due to the location of Townhead Park and us being good neighbours there is a pre agreed time that the lights will be off in the evenings. You will find that the vast majority of facilities like that at Cumnock will have similar localised agreements.

The facility closes at 10pm.

Hope the lad who got the injury is fine and well. 

The correct desision has been made though one hundred percent and it needs to be replayed, nobodies fault really and just a freakish turn of events , the bul needs to calm down a bit and take a wee chill pill. 

To combat this farce repeating itself maybe midweek kick offs for 7pm is the way ahead.

Let’s put last night into context.

There was a 50 minute injury delay!

I’ve followed Junior football for a long time and I’ve never experienced such a delay before. Somethings are absolutely impossible to foresee.

Replaying the game helps nobody. Not the clubs, not the committees, not the Referees, not the players, not the fans....

It's 7-1 with approx 10 mins to go against 10 men with, as a poster said, a set of circumstances which are almost likely to never ever occur again.

Show some common sense as not showing it is the only precedent still being set.

The other games did kick off at 7. The Cumnock game kicked off later to make use of the lights

That's what I mean, we should just kick off at 7 bells like the rest of the midweek fixtures.

Of course they can. A six goal lead with 10 minutes to go against ten men is an easy one to write off.

This is like a case study in the application of common sense.

2 minutes ago, Nock10 said:

That's what I mean, we should just kick off at 7 bells like the rest of the midweek fixtures.

Can see your point but surely its better to give the players and fans a bit of extra time to get there after work if you can.

Last night was a set of circumstances that is unlikely to be repeated

5 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Of course they can. A six goal lead with 10 minutes to go against ten men is an easy one to write off.

This is like a case study in the application of common sense.

Had no one ever saw that Peruvian, Pacific League Southern Division 5 game when Old Cants came back from 8 -3 down ..........

no neither has anyone because it’s a load of crap that a team winning 7-1 has to replay a game that finished 10 mins early. Now if our Old Cants are using some stupid excuse like “precedent “ in this occasion they  are hardly fit for purpose. 

Fast forward to the end of the season, Cumnock need to win their last game by 7 clear goals to win the league. The score is 7-1. Their opponents have just had their goalkeeper sent off. There is 10 minutes left to play and the ref abandons the game.

Sorry Cumnock, we know you could probably have scored that all important goal but...…………………………..

Unlikely, I know, but so was yesterday's set of circumstances.

Archived