Cumnock vs kello

Fast forward to the end of the season, Cumnock need to win their last game by 7 clear goals to win the league. The score is 7-1. Their opponents have just had their goalkeeper sent off. There is 10 minutes left to play and the ref abandons the game.
Sorry Cumnock, we know you could probably have scored that all important goal but...…………………………..

Unlikely, I know, but so was yesterday's set of circumstances.

I’m sorry Kennie, you just answered your own point, we seem to look at situations and think , let’s take the least sensible way out here

The “not wanting to set a precedent” statement is right out of the S.Robertson playbook

As you said in your post “ unlikely I know, but so was yesterday’s set of circumstances” and your nice wee illustration of the needing one more goal to win the league is slightly different

Fact - nothing at stake taking the score into consideration and the points in the group

Fact - in your illustration of a scenario when Cumnock would be pissed off - were the following factors
- a 50 minutes delay in waiting for an ambulance
- a 5-10 minutes delay waiting on a big idiot of a goalie to leave the field after being sent off
- a floodlight issue - which was outwith the control of the club and is a local licensing/ council issue
- a referee who restarted a game without taking into account if there was time to finish it or not

I very much doubt if all of those things were a factor in your dream/nightmare scenario , but, we are making rules to suit the unlikely event as opposed to the possible/likely

Hardly setting a precedent, more akin to actually using common sense , which you might be able to do in your post after being there for a while, as the current incumbents in the organisation have shown over the years how adept they are at turning things into a shambles when common sense could sort things

PS - Thanks to Jimmy Gentles for his concern about my health - chill pill taken
Optician appointment made for you so you can have a much wider view of things

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The series of events leading up to the decision to replay the game had absolutely nothing to do with the West Region management. Yet all we have is an opportunity for some of you to use it as a stick to beat the hell out of the Region management.

Calls for us to use common sense and discretion is all well and good, and in this occasion we would love to use those, but unfortunately there are times where common sense and the rules and laws of the game do not go hand in hand.

Simply awarding the game to Cumnock has the potential to cause problems further down the line. It might not happen this season or even next season. But rest assured if a similar situation arose and the common sense approach was to order a replay, someone would cast up the decision we made in awarding the game to Cumnock.

If we could avoid a replay, we would. Why would we want the extra hassle that comes with another fixture? The simple answer is we don't want it, but we have no alternative.

If some people do not want to accept that, there is not a lot we can do about it. 

I've tried to give you our perspective on the situation and that is all I can do.

The series of events leading up to the decision to replay the game had absolutely nothing to do with the West Region management. Yet all we have is an opportunity for some of you to use it as a stick to beat the hell out of the Region management.
Calls for us to use common sense and discretion is all well and good, and in this occasion we would love to use those, but unfortunately there are times where common sense and the rules and laws of the game do not go hand in hand.
Simply awarding the game to Cumnock has the potential to cause problems further down the line. It might not happen this season or even next season. But rest assured if a similar situation arose and the common sense approach was to order a replay, someone would cast up the decision we made in awarding the game to Cumnock.
If we could avoid a replay, we would. Why would we want the extra hassle that comes with another fixture? The simple answer is we don't want it, but we have no alternative.
If some people do not want to accept that, there is not a lot we can do about it. 
I've tried to give you our perspective on the situation and that is all I can do.

Long winded posts doesn’t change a thing. I don’t agree with you and I won’t agree with you. In my opinion you have got this horribly wrong.

You are using guidelines which are open to interpretation to hide behind.

In 2002 Airdrie fans invaded the pitch against Ayr United which led to the abandonment of the game. Due to various circumstances the SFL used a common sense approach and allowed the result to stand. Good to see those in authority making decisions based on an individual basis.

5 minutes ago, Nock Nock said:

Long winded posts doesn’t change a thing. I don’t agree with you and I won’t agree with you. In my opinion you have got this horribly wrong.

You are using guidelines which are open to interpretation to hide behind.

In 2002 Airdrie fans invaded the pitch against Ayr United which led to the abandonment of the game. Due to various circumstances the SFL used a common sense approach and allowed the result to stand. Good to see those in authority making decisions based on an individual basis.

I apologise for my long-winded post. I didn't realise that it was.

Agree or disagree, that's up to you. I can't do much about that.

There are rules for your example that show common sense was not the deciding factor, it may have been used, but there is a rule to assist in the decision. -

If a match is brought to a premature finish through the conduct of its officials, players or supporters of one of the contesting clubs, in a Cup tie the game may be awarded to their opponents irrespective of the score at the time of abandonment of the game. Similarly in a League game, full points may be awarded to the opponents. In both instances the Committee may take any further action against the offending club.

Pretty sure the answer is in fact yes.
But it is not our decision, that will be down to Cumnock and Kello to discuss.

If Kello don’t agree they will be entitled to half the gate. Is this correct Kennie?

There are rules for your example that show common sense was not the deciding factor, it may have been used, but there is a rule to assist in the decision. -
 If a match is brought to a premature finish through the conduct of its officials, players or supporters of one of the contesting clubs, in a Cup tie the game may be awarded to their opponents irrespective of the score at the time of abandonment of the game. Similarly in a League game, full points may be awarded to the opponents. In both instances the Committee may take any further action against the offending club.

Why don’t play the remaining time?

A club official informed me that the match was halted in 82 mins.

1 hour ago, Kennie said:

If you hadn’t been so obnoxious in your earlier post you might not be facing the backlash you are now  

Since you were appointed you have jumped into things with heavy boots on in an attempt to please the masses. Good administrators are methodical and reflective and not prone to ill thought out decisions made in a hurry  

Robertson must be loving this. 

15 minutes ago, Viewparker said:

If you hadn’t been so obnoxious in your earlier post you might not be facing the backlash you are now  

Since you were appointed you have jumped into things with heavy boots on in an attempt to please the masses. Good administrators are methodical and reflective and not prone to I’ll thought out decisions made in a hurry  

Robertson must be loving this. 

Once again, please accept my apologies. I did not realise I was being obnoxious. I thought I was explaining the other side of the debate.

But perhaps you are right.

Perhaps it's better if I refrain from using Pie & Bovril and leave you to it.

There shall be no further input from me.

In Kennie’s defence , he is nothing like his predecessor and put himself forward for the post , I believe, as he was heartily fed up with the current position

However, I disagree with him on this , as is obvious from my long winded posts, but, I would say that each time he answers something on here ( which his predecessor Mr Robertson never did !!) he opens up another point to be challenged

For example, the point about a match being brought to a close due to the actions of players and/or officials then the result can stand regardless of the time into the match it occurs

Would that not be the case here as the decision to restart the game AFTER the injury stoppage, when there was a strong likelihood there would be insufficient time to conclude it , a decision which knowingly or not by the ref which was taken without him being aware of the time constraints of the Community facility at Cumnock, which with the many similar places in the Junior game almost certainly having similar rules, I’m willing to get, them the ref has failed in his duty to the players, both clubs and the paying fans

Long winded post again now over - chill pill 2 to be consumed

Get yourself out of here Kennie it will drive you insane.Communicate through official channels only  and leave this place to hate itself to death.

I’ve not witnessed one hateful response.

There has been debate and disagreement, but what is wrong with that? The forum is designed for discussions and as a means for people to freely air their views. Kennie uses the forum and kindly responds to posts which is admirable on his part, but with the pats on the back, he must accept criticisms when people think there have been errors made.

Totally agree, I have known Kennie for many years and I definitely don’t “hate” him

He likes a debate and I am sure would prefer to answer peoples gripes as and when they are fresh and relevant rather than let them fester and develop into a moan fest about everything and anything

This has been points put forward by various posters and then counter arguments / points of view have been offered by others

It is called healthy debate and is not personal in any shape or form and I am glad that Kennie is in place and has tried to change things and I don’t envy him in that task

5 minutes ago, BC63 said:

Has Cumnock and Kello discussed the issue? If they both agree the result should stand then what's the problem?

I am under the impression that when the injury happened to the player. Kello coaching staff has said if the ambulance wasnt here in 60 mins they would give cumnock the tie as it was 3-0 at the time. Be interesting to see what the clubs think of the situation that lies ahead now.

As for the fans paying entry fees etc.

Lucky enough both teams have loyal fans that wont mind paying to watch there clun wednesday saturday monday wednesday saturday and potentainally wednesday again. 

Remember a couple of years back a Petershill v Shettleston league cup section game was abandoned after a supporter took a heart attack and died during the game. The game was replayed the following Monday night and the gate money/donation was given to the deceased man's family.

51 minutes ago, Bul2 said:

Totally agree, I have known Kennie for many years and I definitely don’t “hate” him

He likes a debate and I am sure would prefer to answer peoples gripes as and when they are fresh and relevant rather than let them fester and develop into a moan fest about everything and anything

This has been points put forward by various posters and then counter arguments / points of view have been offered by others

It is called healthy debate and is not personal in any shape or form and I am glad that Kennie is in place and has tried to change things and I don’t envy him in that task

I'm all for healthy debate  but there are a few on here who can't see the other point of view hence threads run into pages and pages long, numerous examples and very tedious.

Out of curiosity, why did a player with an arm/shoulder injury, albeit a serious one, have to remain on the park, surely he could have been made more comfortable inside.

An ambulance takes 50mins to attend a serious incident, is that acceptable.

Finally, if Cumnock and Kello both win tonight which is probably the one likely scenario in this whole event, then Monday becomes a winner takes all match - now.................,.......

Out of curiosity, why did a player with an arm/shoulder injury, albeit a serious one, have to remain on the park, surely he could have been made more comfortable inside.
An ambulance takes 50mins to attend a serious incident, is that acceptable.
Finally, if Cumnock and Kello both win tonight which is probably the one likely scenario in this whole event, then Monday becomes a winner takes all match - now.................,.......

Apparently the advice given by those in attendance and over the telephone by the emergency service was the player was not to move. Due to the type of injury and the angle in which he was laying in the floor, attempting to move him could have resulted in making the injury worse.

Archived