Cumnock vs kello

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know most of us only have the information from P and B to go on but surely to feck the result should stand. It must have been a difficult night for all involved but surely the referee must be supported for using common sense. 

The referee has advised the WRSJFA that the match was ABANDONED. 

We have no option but to replay the game in accordance with the Laws Of The Game. 

Law 7 part 5 is what you're looking for. 

4 minutes ago, Kennie said:

The referee has advised the WRSJFA that the match was ABANDONED. 

We have no option but to replay the game in accordance with the Laws Of The Game. 

Thanks for the official reason for the game ending. 

Did you need to shout?

31 minutes ago, WhoAteAllTheDepays said:

Hearing that cumnock has to replay the game against kello monday night. As it wasnt played to an offical finish. Shambles

Not according to WRSJFA official Kennie , apparently it was ABANDONED. Nothing to see here so we better move on. 

What an absolute crock of shit - 7-1 lead for Cumnock against 10 men with minutes to go after an hour stoppage for the young Kello player to get an ambulance to attend

Aw well, it’s not impossible that the 10 men of Kello rovers would have staged a comeback and won the game

As usual the paying punters and the players get no consideration in this

Why wasn’t the game abandoned when the player was hurt, at least that is a real reason to do so and not this crock of shit

34 minutes ago, Kennie said:

"An abandoned match is replayed unless the competition rules or organisers determine otherwise." http://www.theifab.com/laws/the-duration-of-the-match_2018/chapters/abandoned-match-2018

Surely law 7.5 gives the organisers an option to do something other than replaying the game?

41 minutes ago, Viewparker said:

I know most of us only have the information from P and B to go on but surely to feck the result should stand. It must have been a difficult night for all involved but surely the referee must be supported for using common sense. 

No sure the ref used common sense,  he was advised that the lights were on a timer and simple arithmetic would've  been  able to tell him there wasn't enough time left to finish the game. Game should've been abandoned at that stage, that said I think it's a joke considering the score and the time left that the game has to be played again, an extra game that both teams could no doubt do without.

Cumnock did Kello a favour by finishing it 5 mins early or it would have ended up double figures. Surely common sense has to prevail here. Cumnock were winning 7-1, Kello had there goalkeeper sent off and we’re absolutely battered for 80 odd minutes that we’re played. An absolute joke of a decision and yet again just shows what a joke the sjfa are.

2 minutes ago, outsider said:

No sure the ref used common sense,  he was advised that the lights were on a timer and simple arithmetic would've  been  able to tell him there wasn't enough time left to finish the game. Game should've been abandoned at that stage, that said I think it's a joke considering the score and the time left that the game has to be played again, an extra game that both teams could no doubt do without.

Thanks for that as I said I was going what I read on here but I think the vast majority of people will agree that common sense now has to be applied and not some rule quoted by an administrator. 

The lights went off at 9.50 surely the over-ride button could have been pressed on the time clock to get the remainder of the game finished. Then switched back off at 10 pm. Bit of a joke to be honest if the results not going to stand. 

1 minute ago, energyzone said:

Like everyone else in this thread, I'm not in full possession of the facts, but regardless I'd just like to say what a disgrace everything is.

Our fixtures secretary appears to be but all he had done is scream “abandoned” and try and quote a rule that can interpreted in a different way as it has done by another poster. 

The lights went off at 9.50 surely the over-ride button could have been pressed on the time clock to get the remainder of the game finished. Then switched back off at 10 pm. Bit of a joke to be honest if the results not going to stand. 

The lights go off every night at 21.55.

Due to regulations the floodlights cannot be on after 22.00.

Last nights game was cut short by roughly ten minutes as a consequence of the situation not being classed as an emergency by the ambulance controllers, hence the 50 minute wait for the paramedics to arrive whilst the Kello player lay on the floor in obvious distress.

3 minutes ago, Viewparker said:

Our fixtures secretary appears to be but all he had done is scream “abandoned” and try and quote a rule that can interpreted in a different way as it has done by another poster. 

I'm sorry if capital letters to highlight what information we had been given has offended you. 

I'm only trying to pass on the information, rather than leave it where people are guessing or making up their own conclusions.

Perhaps I should just leave you all to it.

As for interpretation of the rule, advice was sought, and given. There is nothing in the competition rules regarding the situation and as organisers we cannot set a precedent that may affect another game some other time.

We don't like it any more than anyone else, we could certainly do without the added fixture.

I'm sorry if capital letters to highlight what information we had been given has offended you. 
I'm only trying to pass on the information, rather than leave it where people are guessing or making up their own conclusions.
Perhaps I should just leave you all to it.
As for interpretation of the rule, advice was sought, and given. There is nothing in the competition rules regarding the situation and as organisers we cannot set a precedent that may affect another game some other time.
We don't like it any more than anyone else, we could certainly do without the added fixture.

Added fixture?

There is at most ten minutes left to be played.

Common sense please!

5 minutes ago, AYRSHIREBOY said:

Has anyone from kello anything to add? surely they won't push for the game to be replayed

Going by the Kello FB page I would say no, just an added fixture they could do without.

"An abandoned match is replayed unless the competition rules or organisers determine otherwise." http://www.theifab.com/laws/the-duration-of-the-match_2018/chapters/abandoned-match-2018
Surely law 7.5 gives the organisers an option to do something other than replaying the game?

I hate to say something that might seem I’m
Having a go at Kennie, but ,
"An abandoned match is replayed unless the competition rules or organisers determine otherwise." , would seem to say that a replay is not the only way out of this, but, to say that the association don’t want to set a precedent is a bit much

However, we can all rest easy that if we ever have an evening kick of where a player gets a serious injury which takes an hour to sort out down to an ambulance not being available for 45/60 mins
And then a floodlight malfunction, which followed a great big girls blouse of a goalie behaving like a big spoilt wean, which might have used up another 6-7 minutes due to him arguing with supporters , throwing water bottles etc ie taking a lot of the time that was left when the game ended abruptly

But hey ho, at least we know if we get that scenario again , it will be abandoned and replayed as to award the game to the team who already had the game won would show a lack of common sense and set a dangerous precedent ie use common sense

I hate to say something that might seem I’m
Having a go at Kennie, but ,
"An abandoned match is replayed unless the competition rules or organisers determine otherwise." , would seem to say that a replay is not the only way out of this, but, to say that the association don’t want to set a precedent is a bit much

However, we can all rest easy that if we ever have an evening kick of where a player gets a serious injury which takes an hour to sort out down to an ambulance not being available for 45/60 mins
And then a floodlight malfunction, which followed a great big girls blouse of a goalie behaving like a big spoilt wean, which might have used up another 6-7 minutes due to him arguing with supporters , throwing water bottles etc ie taking a lot of the time that was left when the game ended abruptly

But hey ho, at least we know if we get that scenario again , it will be abandoned and replayed as to award the game to the team who already had the game won would show a lack of common sense and set a dangerous precedent ie use common sense

There was no floodlight malfunction.

They did exactly what they were supposed to do!

Archived