Stenhousemuir - Brechin Relegation Decider!!

So whats everyone's thoughts seems that a lot "pundits" on here have us as the bottom two and its hard to argue against that. Somethings have to change at Brechin  or we are in the shit but you got to have hope that things will improve but saying that  I am going for a very unexciting 0-0 draw to get us started, unfortunately ( or maybe not ) I am off in London for the weekend and will miss out. Mon the City

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even although we're still about two or three players short for the season ahead, I'd be disappointed if we didn't win this.

There still seems to be a bit of a funk surrounding Brechin City and I was surprised Darren Dods was kept on for the season ahead - after last year's disaster, I would have imagined clearing the decks would have galvanised the support and brought them together for the new campaign but there really seems to be a sense of trepidation. I don't blame them, I'd be the same if it happened at my team.

Other than the battering at Ayr United, we've shown up reasonably well in our League Cup encounters and I imagine Brown Ferguson will go with something like (unless CEMSFC comes along to correct me!):

- McGuigan -

- Cook - Gibbons - Ross - Ferry - Duthie -

- Donaldson - Tena - Neill - Reid -

- Smith -

There's not a lot of creativity in there but there is plenty of graft and that might be enough to see us over the line in this instance.

I'm going for a narrow home win.

Cook and Ferry are suspended (although Ferry is also injured). We need to get these additional players in ASAP, although I presume we can play trialists in the league.
I'm sure trialists can play 3 games max for the same club in the league.
Unless the rules of that have changed as well.

If that's the case then I imagine Sean Dickson will play on the left and maybe yung Thomas Halleran in for Mark Ferry?
I didn't realise how short of numbers we were! Two players unavailable and we're struggling already.

Brechin can trump Stenny in the suspension stakes with Paul McLean, Dougie Hill and Callum Tapping all suspended. Add in the injured Ryan McGeever and the not quite ready Andy Jackson you’ve got 5 players there that would 100% be in the starting 11.

Hard to see us doing anything on Saturday to be honest but would love to be proved wrong.

We really have to be putting garbage like this to the sword at home if we are to get 9th this season.

I fancy us strongly against this mob. 3-0 Wa Waz. Mr Goals and Seb with a brace each.

47 minutes ago, gm_1982 said:

Brechin can trump Stenny in the suspension stakes with Paul McLean, Dougie Hill and Callum Tapping all suspended. Add in the injured Ryan McGeever and the not quite ready Andy Jackson you’ve got 5 players there that would 100% be in the starting 11.

Hard to see us doing anything on Saturday to be honest but would love to be proved wrong.

J Tapping went off injured too mind about 10 minutes to go and Orsi have himself a sore one . At this rate Paddy O Neill will be centre mid 

Will be a good test for us on Saturday to see where we are.   Ferry and Cook suspended means Dickson should start as our midfield looks to be light on experience.   We need to get off to a good start although if you look at some of the recent results some of our opponents may have difficulties as well this season.

1 hour ago, Moonglum25 said:

Will be a good test for us on Saturday to see where we are.   Ferry and Cook suspended means Dickson should start as our midfield looks to be light on experience.   We need to get off to a good start although if you look at some of the recent results some of our opponents may have difficulties as well this season.

Eh no we re pure mince and if we win your keech 

Archived