Peterhead v Queen’s Park

Probably the toughest start we could have asked for. The team with what I imagine is the top budget in the league, with one of the most prolific strikers in the lower leagues. 

We’ve done very well in the League Cup in terms of performances, but certainly not going to get carried away about it. The real stuff starts here. We’re still gelling and a lot of the squad either didn’t play a great deal of football last season or have come in from the juniors. 

If we come down the road with something on the board, having put in a good shift, I’ll be absolutely delighted.

Talking point most weeks in the first half of last season was about not losing a goal in the first 10 mins.  Certainly bucked that trend so far.  Hopefully with a bit more space and time available than has been available in the League Cup our lively forwards will match the good work the defenders have been showing. 

2-0 to The QP.

BBC Weather forecast says almost no chance of hailstones.

Firstly you never trust a thing the BBC say.  We have made changes to the squad during the summer some of who have not really played yet. In recent seasons we have tended to do fairly well pre-season & league cup which is not how it has went this season, we tend to usually fairly slow starters in the league hopefully we can rectify that this time round but we need to get winning games asap.

Guest TOPFITTER

Going to miss first two league games un(fortunately) hoping to return to a bright start and 6 points[emoji106][emoji460]️

Well one can dream, it is possible even if 10 of the 11 on-field turn up!m ! (He says whilst not really expecting it !!!) ☹️

The crappiest journey of the year but I see that the east coast will have the best of the weather. Deckchairs, real ale and a wee snifter at Stonehaven - it’s great to be alive!

And..... I’m actually thinking positive thoughts about the result. Gus looks to have recruited well and if Rory doesn’t do his usual dying swan act, we could be in for a decent day.

Scoring our first goal of the season was the only positive point to take from this game. We were lucky not to lose after Fleming’s howler when he played the ball straight to an opponent. Must do better than this if we are to have any chance of promotion.

How big are that mob!!!!!! It seemed like every one of them were over 6 foot.

We did really well and ended up the stronger side without doubt. Again, no passengers.

Osolodar did a great job and Roberts was superb.... if only he had put that lob in. Defence sound; everyone put a great shift in. Lachlan great filling in at left back.

I didn't lose anything or fall over. A big plus.

Pleased with the start.

Felt a draw was about right. They had more possession and looked more comfortable with the ball but we put in a good shift (again) and with a bit more luck could easily have nicked it.
Overall happy with a point and the overall performance which is good given our recent history at Balmoor.

Guest TOPFITTER

“Osolodar did a great job”

Love an oxymoron this early in the season !!! Has this leopard changed his spots from previous seasons ?

At least the Blue Toon didn’t lose and managed to score, progress I guess [emoji3]

As an aside, the apocalyptic level of hornets in the north east of Scotland was off the scale. Spent much of the time in Stonehaven and at Balmoor practically break dancing to get them away from me.

4 minutes ago, an86 said:

As an aside, the apocalyptic level of hornets in the north east of Scotland was off the scale. Spent much of the time in Stonehaven and at Balmoor practically break dancing to get them away from me.

Apparently down to the tropical Peterhead climate this year.

They are attracted by break dancing apparently.

Archived