Queens v St Johnstone

Tony Watt :wub:

Thats three goals in seven games, four in seven if you count the one last week given as an OG. Cracking signing. 

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been the far better side. Had plenty of chances but until the last kick of the half failed to take any.

Both sides look extremely dodgy at the back. Our shape is an absolute mystery once again.

Take a bow Dykes. Topper.

Thought crowd looks almost identical to last week. They mixed the 6 and 9 again?

A draw is a fair result. Saints the better side in the 2nd half. Would take penalties now. We're solely reliant on counter attacking and by doing so we've given Saints more of the ball in the second. Feels very much like last week in that we've given too much respect.

Drey Wright finally gets his goal. No idea how we've played, but we seem to be able to score goals this season, so that's a step forward. 

Drey Wright finally gets his goal. No idea how we've played, but we seem to be able to score goals this season, so that's a step forward. 
Enough to beat us but I wasn't impressed with Saints in all honesty.

Same shite different week for us. Too angry to post just now. Needless to say I've already left.

4 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Same shite different week for us. Too angry to post just now. Needless to say I've already left.

Daft to leave considering I've spent the past week talking about a 3-3 game that saw us come from 3-1 down to score a last kick equaliser. 

Footballs a bit funny like that. 

4 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Get back it’s 2-3

Calum Hendry :wub:

Boys going to be a star. If QOS fancy giving him the old loanee treatment that would be appreciated. 

13 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

No way you're one of them fans who leave early! 

One of my pet hates.

No way you're one of them fans who leave early! 
One of my pet hates.
Hadn't looked like scoring (outwith a cracking strike from Stirling) since the first half. At 3-1 with 15 to go I didn't think that was going to change. Had it been 1 goal behind I can see the point. If anyone thought we were scoring twice at 3-1 they're deluded.

Much better performance today - for the first 70mins of normal time we were the better side. First half in particular was excellent with Dobbie in brilliant form. Some of our link up play was very slick and the positive approach was much more pleasing on the eye.

Saints only came to life when they played two up front (after McMillan's intro) - although Watt scored twice when he was up top on his own he barely got a kick. We definitely ran out of steam and while that was disappointing every player gave their all. 2 of the 3 goals conceded in extra time were diabolical and sadly these errors proved to be the difference.

No failures today - Doyle was excellent given his injury and Semple was an able partner, Marshall's fitness was very impressive, Dobbie was unplayable in first half.

Andy Stirling showed us what he can deliver and hopefully we will see more of same.

Saints were there for taking but despite playing well we couldn't get over the line.

20 minutes ago, overthetop said:

Queens were out on their feet in extra time with nothing on bench to change that. They gave their all lots of positives. Deserved to be clapped off by home fans still in the ground.

This. I thought we were the better team for most of the 90 minutes but visibly tired later on and, as you say, were out on their feet in extra time. Two goals flattered saintees, especially as the third was absolutely gifted from our throw. Having said that, three of the front four looked dangerous throughout, even if Kennedy was a diving wee shit, and the goals were well taken.

Individually, there were some really good performances. Semple was outstanding, Stirling had easily his best game and Dykes was winning headers all day. 

A disappointing result but positives to take from the performance

Archived