Queens v St Johnstone

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:

How many did Utd bring?

Have to remember United are "World Famous" and "European Cup Winners", bit unfair to compare the two clubs.

I was tempted by this but can't be arsed travelling down after a night out on Friday. So that'll be at least one person off the crowd. 

Have to remember United are "World Famous" and "European Cup Winners", bit unfair to compare the two clubs.
I was tempted by this but can't be arsed travelling down after a night out on Friday. So that'll be at least one person off the crowd. 
I'm not comparing them to you. Our crowd on Saturday was 1900 odd but I don't know how many were Utd fans. I expect our number will be about the same on Saturday.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:
3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'm not comparing them to you. Our crowd on Saturday was 1900 odd but I don't know how many were Utd fans. I expect our number will be about the same on Saturday.

417 United fans.

Not sure if our number will be about the same. Season tickets arent valid and that usually causes a bit of a drop off. Plus having lost to United wont help. However it is a relatively high profile game so you would hope we would have a half decent attendance. I think on balance you are probably right and it will be similar to last week, circa 2k, if St Johnstone bring 400 - 500. What's the weather forecast? If its wet Sat afternoon it will kill it.

2 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

417 United fans.

Not sure if our number will be about the same. Season tickets arent valid and that usually causes a bit of a drop off. Plus having lost to United wont help. However it is a relatively high profile game so you would hope we would have a half decent attendance. I think on balance you are probably right and it will be similar to last week, circa 2k, if St Johnstone bring 400 - 500. What's the weather forecast? If its wet Sat afternoon it will kill it.

Forecast not too bad atm.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/0/2650798

Always find it a bit odd that the people who invest money up front before the season starts, who have therefore paid in advance to watch the likes of Brechin and everybody else twice a year and who are probably amongst the most loyal fans don’t show up for one-off cup ties against Premiership teams they don’t often see because it costs extra. 

8 minutes ago, Flash said:

Forecast not too bad atm.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/0/2650798

Always find it a bit odd that the people who invest money up front before the season starts, who have therefore paid in advance to watch the likes of Brechin and everybody else twice a year and who are probably amongst the most loyal fans don’t show up for one-off cup ties against Premiership teams they don’t often see because it costs extra. 

I doubt its quite that simple although there must be an element of that. It may also be due to a combination of :

- a fair number of shirt draw season tickets are used by businesses for staff etc and not necessarily by committed fans.

- people often have other plans for days not set as definite football days in the first place (season ticket usage also drops off for rearranged league games).

- possibly it isnt the season ticket holders who dont go but less of the casual fans. We dont really know who is and isnt attending by buying tickets on the day. Maybe its walk ups that turn up in reduced numbers. St Johnstone are a good Premiership side but with no disrespect they arent exactly a glamour tie and we have played them plenty in the last 10 - 15 years. There is an argument that United still represent a bigger "name" in Scottish football. Maybe less"walk ups" go this week after last week's loss?

Who knows? I have given up trying to understand the decision process of the average swithering attendee.

16 hours ago, tree house tam said:

It'll be nice to see the wee fat b*****d. I always liked Dobbie, just unfortunate that he was competing against Jason Scotland for a place in the side. Well that and Coyle wanting fitness fanatics in his side. 

Dobbie,Scotland and Peaso all on the books at the same time not a bad strike force for a first division club.

I'm at a wedding on Saturday so won't make this.  The groom, his brother and parents are all Palmerston regulars as are a fair number of the guests. 

I will be putting the blame solely at his door if we see the collection buckets at Palmerston again this season.

8 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

- people often have other plans for days not set as definite football days in the first place (season ticket usage also drops off for rearranged league games).

Such as (although I presume that was probably arranged before the fixture list was published anyway):

1 hour ago, palmy_cammy said:

I'm at a wedding on Saturday so won't make this.  The groom, his brother and parents are all Palmerston regulars as are a fair number of the guests. 

I will be putting the blame solely at his door if we see the collection buckets at Palmerston again this season.

Do you know when the ticket booths close on matchday? I finish at 2.55pm tomorrow so probably won't be over until 10 past. Just wondering if they will still be open or if it's best to just go to the office.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:
1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Do you know when the ticket booths close on matchday? I finish at 2.55pm tomorrow so probably won't be over until 10 past. Just wondering if they will still be open or if it's best to just go to the office.

Depends how busy they are and how long it takes them to cash up. It's usually circa 3:15pm and I would have thought it won't be a quick finish at a cup game where season ticket holders are buying. It's likely they will still be open at 3:10pm but can't promise it.

10 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I doubt its quite that simple although there must be an element of that. It may also be due to a combination of :

- a fair number of shirt draw season tickets are used by businesses for staff etc and not necessarily by committed fans.

- possibly it isnt the season ticket holders who dont go but less of the casual fans. We dont really know who is and isnt attending by buying tickets on the day. Maybe its walk ups that turn up in reduced numbers. St Johnstone are a good Premiership side but with no disrespect they arent exactly a glamour tie and we have played them plenty in the last 10 - 15 years. There is an argument that United still represent a bigger "name" in Scottish football. Maybe less"walk ups" go this week after last week's loss?

Who knows? I have given up trying to understand the decision process of the average swithering attendee.

I understand all the different reasons for people not going. I only questioned your statement that season tickets not being valid usually causes a bit of a drop off, like this was a known connection and one of the main reasons for a reduction. You’re now saying that there might actually be no such connection. Fair enough.

Archived