What do you do on holiday

Ylf

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

Not really. My Düsseldorf trip uses up about 5% of my total days off a year and is relatively cheap, meaning I can go on a few other short breaks/holidays a year.

If circumstances or finances dictated I was limited to one long weekend/holiday a year I certainly wouldn't go to the same place

I got that, but it still seems to me  slightly contradictory to do what you criticise others for doing

My last  family holiday - hand out money, queue, deal with screaming kids, wait around by smoking area, hand out money, queue, wait by loos, hand out money, deal with screaming kids, queue, 2 minutes 30 seconds on a fairground ride, deal with over excited kids and puke, hand out money. For 6 days. 

Did you go to Strathclyde as well? And visit m&ds?

I was on an all inclusive cruise.  Stuck the kids into kids club, drank and ate.  i did visit the gym and run 5k daily and still put on 8lbs.

Frankly it was the best week of my life.  I even put that above the time I met Hunter from Gladiators in 1998.

I'm just back from holiday (Sorrento) . During the day I was quite happy to sit by the pool with a beer and read my book.  We had planned to do loads of excursions but ended up just doing Pompeii - which was excellent albeit very tiring. 

At night, we would go into the town for something to eat, a few drinks and a wander about. 

I thoroughly enjoyed it and found it very relaxing. 

I usually go on a couple of city breaks a year, either side of the summer, which is all about exploring the city. Up next is Berlin. 

I've never really been one for going abroad on holiday. Usually just relax at home and try to get a day here and there. Used to spend a long weekend visiting family when I was off work.

My summer holiday hasnt changed but I was in Germany twice in 2017 when I visited Mannheim for ice hockey games. Already got plans for trip number 3 this December. I can see a hockey/football/Christmas market city break becoming a yearly thing.

It’s usually Spain, first job is to find the local shop that sells the Daily Record and 20 Regal. Next up is to find the nearest Rangers Bar, there’s always one somewhere. Mrs RedRob might complain that there’s somewhere nicer down on the harbour, but she can get tae f**k, I paid for this trip, it’s my shout eh?

I’ll find somewhere that does a decent pint of Stella, I don’t like any of that other foreign muck, plus an all day full breakfast with the Racing Chanel on Sky and I’m sorted.

Have a full afternoon on the bevvy, then back to the hotel for a quick shower and straight back out. The UJ, Saltire & Ulster Flag Beach towels will hang over the balcony for the duration, we never go anywhere near the sea. Few tunes blasting out in the meantime with a few Voddies.

Like to choose my holiday garb carefully. Gers tap and shorts through the day, and then go for something a wee bit smarter for the evening, perhaps a new embroidered Flute Band Polo or a recent addition from the Help For Heroes range, and go out sporting a brand new pair of RW&B Sambas.

When we eventually find Bar72, the Ibrox Bar or The Blue Bell, I’ll drink to oblivion whilst applauding and singing every rendition of The Sash or Derry’s Walls and pleasantly look forward to doing the exact same the next day and evening for the next two weeks. [emoji846]

19 hours ago, RedRob72 said:

It’s usually Spain, first job is to find the local shop that sells the Daily Record and 20 Regal. Next up is to find the nearest Rangers Bar, there’s always one somewhere. Mrs RedRob might complain that there’s somewhere nicer down on the harbour, but she can get tae f**k, I paid for this trip, it’s my shout eh?

I’ll find somewhere that does a decent pint of Stella, I don’t like any of that other foreign muck, plus an all day full breakfast with the Racing Chanel on Sky and I’m sorted.

Have a full afternoon on the bevvy, then back to the hotel for a quick shower and straight back out. The UJ, Saltire & Ulster Flag Beach towels will hang over the balcony for the duration, we never go anywhere near the sea. Few tunes blasting out in the meantime with a few Voddies.

Like to choose my holiday garb carefully. Gers tap and shorts through the day, and then go for something a wee bit smarter for the evening, perhaps a new embroidered Flute Band Polo or a recent addition from the Help For Heroes range, and go out sporting a brand new pair of RW&B Sambas.

When we eventually find Bar72, the Ibrox Bar or The Blue Bell, I’ll drink to oblivion whilst applauding and singing every rendition of The Sash or Derry’s Walls and pleasantly look forward to doing the exact same the next day and evening for the next two weeks. emoji846.png

The correct answer for you really Wes is celebrate thousands of Catholics getting killed in a battle between an English king and a Dutch king in Ireland three hundred years ago.

19 hours ago, RedRob72 said:

When we eventually find Bar72, the Ibrox Bar or The Blue Bell, I’ll drink to oblivion whilst applauding and singing every rendition of The Sash or Derry’s Walls and pleasantly look forward to doing the exact same the next day and evening for the next two weeks. emoji846.png

^^^first one to book the lecture tour of archaeological sites no doubt, trying to find 5 stars in the cave paintings.

Things not to do on holiday - act like an idiot, get caught and bleat about it when you have fines to pay,

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-45119366

Welsh tourist 'stuck in Dubai' over £36k speeding fine

Image copyright Wales News Service Image caption Farah Hashi was visiting friends in Dubai when he was repeatedly caught speeding

The family of a Welsh tourist who was fined £36,000 ($46,000) for speeding in a Lamborghini say he is being forced to stay in Dubai.

Farah Hashi, 25, from Newport, cannot afford the fines, his brother said.

The dealership where Mr Hashi rented the Lamborghini Huracán told the city's newspaper, The National, he left his passport as a guarantee.

But his brother Adman, 50, claims his passport was seized after he had driven the £155,000 supercar.

Mr Hashi reportedly broke the speed limit on one of Dubai's busiest roads dozens of times in the early hours of Tuesday.

The total cost of the fines came to 175,000 dirhams (£36,000; $47,600).

The fines were issued after he triggered every speed camera on the Sheikh Zayed Road and reached a top speed of 150mph (240 km/h).

Image copyright Getty Images Image caption A top-end Lamborghini Huracán costs just under £200,000

Adman Hashi, said: "They came to his hotel and demanded he hand it over after the speeding ticket came through and out of fear he gave it to them.

"Now they say he must pay £40,000 it is ridiculous. There is no way he has that money. He is out of work at the minute and went to Dubai to visit friends."

He added that his brother has had to borrow money to pay for the extended stay in his hotel and the family do not know how he will get home.

"He didn't even pay to hire the car. One of his friends had sorted it out for him. He was caught doing 200 km/h but he didn't know the laws over there," he said.

Dealership partner Faris Mohammed Iqbal said: "We can't pay this amount should the car be taken into impound, it's still with the tourist, parked at his hotel and I won't be trying to take it back."

The correct answer for you really Wes is celebrate thousands of Catholics getting killed in a battle between an English king and a Dutch king in Ireland three hundred years ago.

But not for the MAIN family holiday Pep!

Archived