Dundee v Ayr Utd

The Master

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Caledonian said:

Ayr winning at Dundee wouldn't be an upset. I honestly expect us to win this tie. 

A relatively established Premiership side losing to a team that’s just been promoted from League One would be an upset.

Our fans are a collection of complete simpletons.

The arrogance of Ayr fans is staggering. 
If we take their only half decent player, we'll win by 4-5. If not, just the 2 or 3. 
And the league campaign hasn't even started yet. Imagine if we win our first few games

Just because we are playing well doesn’t mean it wouldn’t be an upset if we beat Dundee.

That being said if we do well in our first 2 league games and keep momentum going then I would be confident of us winning.

To be fair, I think we are talking about two different types of upsets here - hence my inverted commas in my original post. I too, personally, won't see it as a big surprise if we win as I know how we are playing but in the wider football sense of 'upset', of course it would be. 

On 3/8/2018 at 00:28, Ludo*1 said:

If we take their only half decent player, we'll win by 4-5. If not, just the 2 or 3. 

Accusing Ayr fans of being arrogant whilst make a statement exuding arrogance. The irony.

26 minutes ago, RedEd said:

Accusing Ayr fans of being arrogant whilst make a statement exuding arrogance. The irony.

You're not very bright, are you?

On 03/08/2018 at 00:28, Ludo*1 said:

1. Dundee wouldn’t be able to afford the fee to get Shankland.

2. Shankland has no interest in going to Dundee and that’s 100% from him. 

39 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

1. Dundee wouldn’t be able to afford the fee to get Shankland.

2. Shankland has no interest in going to Dundee and that’s 100% from him. 

His comments in the papers say differently tbh. 

18 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

His comments in the papers say differently tbh. 

They’ve completely stretched his comments. There’s only 2 or 3 clubs in Scotland he’d leave for at this moment in time and obviously if a decent sized English club come in it’s a different story. It’s not a dig at Dundee in any way. He’s already turned down Hamilton and Livi who are similar stature to Dundee in terms of where they’ll finish this season and apparently knocked back Hearts. He won’t have signed a deal with Ayr 2 months ago, on less money than what he was offered elsewhere, to then force a move in August. He wants to be here.

Of course he wants to go as far as he can and play at the highest possible level, but this season here will help him get there.

Any 5-0 Ayr :rolleyes:

While it shouldn't mean anything given the rotation of personnel, in the last decade Ayr have beaten over half the teams currently in the SPL. And this is by some distance the most cohesive and positive-minded Ayr side in that entire period.

Also yes, I'm certain that Lawrence Shankland wants to lose the goodwill of the club that revived his career to sit this game out as he's cup-tied so he can try to slot into some mediocre yo-yo club in the poxy SPL whose ambition this season is the lofty height of ninth place.

9 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

I'm cringing for you. 

And me for you. This is what happens when daft wee boys get access to the internet. You remind me of the old boy we used to meet in the Clip. Quite patronising when we lost at Dens, but when we didn't he avoided us like the plague.

Just now, RedEd said:

And me for you. This is what happens when daft wee boys get access to the internet. You remind me of the old boy we used to meet in the Clip. Quite patronising when we lost at Dens, but when we didn't he avoided us like the plague.

?type=responsive-gallery-fullscreen

Archived