Dundee v Ayr Utd

The Master

I’ll miss this thanks to a poorly-timed holiday. At least with it at Dens I might be able to get it on Dee TV. 

This will be a tougher game than many will think, IMO. 

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Definitely tougher than many will think, but still without doubt the easiest tie we could have hoped for. If we're not dispatching Ayr mid-season then there's something far wrong. Looking forward to an end to end game as Ayr don't strike me as a side that like to sit back.

I don't think any of us are deluded enough to think it's going to be an easy game, Ayr have been the surprise of the tournament and Lawrence Shankland seems to have finally realised that donner kebabs can hold you back as a professional athlete. It's the best draw we could have got though and we should qualify. 

Should be crushing these really.

However, they’ve done superbly in the group stage.

Thank you.

We’ll certainly be shitting it following that home loss to Dunfermline and magnificent 2-0 win against Brechin.

29 minutes ago, pandarilla said:
44 minutes ago, Thumper said:
Keigan Parker.

We got relegated but what a great winning goal that was.

That win meant the playoffs instead of going straight down. Of course then the playoffs were an absolute cataclysm from start to finish.

Hate to be a pedant but we win every game and end up with a +12 goal difference and get Hearts. Dundee scrape into 2nd place and get Ayr. 
Shankland to Dundee.
Why are you comparing your situation with Dundee and not Ayr?

Bit presumptuous there shandon.

No offence to Dundee, but probably one of the most unglamorous ties we could have got.

On paper we should lose, while Partick scrape through behind us and get on be of the bigot brothers at home, scum get the other at home.

......if there's any justice in the world.......

3 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Why are you comparing your situation with Dundee and not Ayr?

Bit presumptuous there shandon.

You and your poxy +11 goal difference is not on our level. You’ll win anyway. Sure you’ll have a great start to the season. It’s only in January once the injuries and suspensions start to bite that you could be in trouble.

Whilst it's a bit of an unglamous tie and a difficult one to get past, I'm seeing it as a more interesting draw than many are suggesting. Keen to see this team up against a bottom 6 Premiership team. The way we are playing, there's no reason we can't cause an 'upset'. 

I can't remember the last time I saw Ayr United at Dens. So I'll be pleased to go along and see how they score goals given the plethora that they whacked in last season, and already in the league Cup. The all attacking philosophy should mean that Ayr are vulnerable on the break and I hope that will suit us. Most definitely think that this is not an easy tie.

(Last time I saw Ayr in Dundee was at Thomson Park in a very muddy Scottish Cup draw against Lochee United. )

I fully expect us to win as we should be beating a team a league below us but it doesn’t always pan out that way. The Dunfermline game should give McCann and the players the kick up the arse they deserve after that shambolic display. Any team that wins their group shouldn’t be taken lightly so I expect a tough game but I think we have enough quality to win if we have our strongest eleven available.

Ayr may be scoring for fun but then again we only have conceded the one goal although it was against a team at the level of Ayr.

On 7/30/2018 at 10:14, aldo said:

Whilst it's a bit of an unglamous tie and a difficult one to get past, I'm seeing it as a more interesting draw than many are suggesting. Keen to see this team up against a bottom 6 Premiership team. The way we are playing, there's no reason we can't cause an 'upset'. 

Ayr winning at Dundee wouldn't be an upset. I honestly expect us to win this tie. 

Archived