Lowland league attendances 2018/19

Burnieclub78

1 hour ago, Burnieclub78 said:

Looking for following att or headcounts if anyone can help.

Midweek  Edusport v Cumbernauld 

W/end Edinburgh Uni v East Kilbride 

My mate was at the Edusport game and said crowd of 60 Burnie. 

Midweek and weekend att / headcounts. Couple missing from weekend from Lowland and SOSFL. I have att or headcount from all other games played this season so if anyone is collecting just let me know. 

Scottish cup games

Preston Ath v Linlithgow Rose 255

Bonnyrigg Rose v Shortlees 278

Newton Stewart v Coldstream 130 

I will put updated spreadsheets up after this weekend. Thanks again to everyone for their help. 

IMG_20180904_163149.JPG

IMG_20180904_162931.JPG

Edited by Burnieclub78

Based on the reported figures here are the average league attendances from the start of the season to September 1st inclusive.

All clubs should have had 3 / 4 home games but due to Selkirk collapsing Spartans and Kelty have only had 2 each. Given in italics after the club's name is an average for league and cup-ties, for which of course a varying number have been played per club (and to which I've assumed 184 at EK v Jeanfield, 63 at Whitehill v LTHV, and 233 at Kelty v Edinburgh Utd as accepted by the collector).

League average without Selkirk is 141; including cup-ties 150.

363     Kelty     293
223     East Kilbride     212
193     East Stirlingshire     184
182     Spartans     422
180     Cumbernauld
138     Gala     141
132     Whitehill     119
129     Dalbeattie
115     Vale of Leithen
102     BSCG     113
   92     Stirling Uni     83
   79     Edinburgh Uni               no figure v EK
   78     Gretna     78
   61     Civil Service     57
   46     Selkirk
   40     Edusport

Edited by HibeeJibee

35 minutes ago, Another Edin Doonhamer said:

I made it 232 at Kelty v Edinburgh United, so pretty close to the 233 quoted. I agree with the 5 dogs.

I would also add that included in the crowd were 3 separate Queen of the South supporters!!!

It is a small world ... :) 

I’m sure that wee white dug on the way out was number 6 ... :D 

Naw, I had counted it already. No dogs tonight at Blackburn United v Stirling University . I had thought it was the ll team, but it was their Lowland League team.

I counted 88 tonight, but Burnieclub78 made it 89, but apparently a few more came in later.

Nice to meet you David.

8 hours ago, Another Edin Doonhamer said:

Naw, I had counted it already. No dogs tonight at Blackburn United v Stirling University . I had thought it was the ll team, but it was their Lowland League team.

I counted 88 tonight, but Burnieclub78 made it 89, but apparently a few more came in later.

Nice to meet you David.

Yes was nice to meet you also, think we at Blackburn will have to up our game to entice our four legged friends along. Maybe we should have a non league dogs days :)

13 hours ago, Another Edin Doonhamer said:

Nice to meet you David.

They have a history of playing 1st 11 players when it suits. Just ask Gretna I'm sure there was a wee bit controversy a few seasons back :whistle

15 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

They have a history of playing 1st 11 players when it suits. Just ask Gretna I'm sure there was a wee bit controversy a few seasons back :whistle

Do they not enter only the one team into these competitions? They played their LL team against Leith in the king cup late last season I believe.

University of Stirling play all the cups, except the EOSL League Cup (which I don't think they've ever qualified for) and the King Cup which are for Stirling University EOS, as clubs cannot have more than 1 team in a competition. University of Stirling play in the Scottish Cup, South Challenge Cup, EOS Qualifying Cup and Lowland League Cup.

Until this season they've played the South and EOS Qualifying at Gannochy - having registered it with the relevant bodies - but everything seems to be Forthbank this season.

For the avoidance of doubt last night's tie was a University of Stirling first-team game - so no controversy arises from them playing their strongest XI. Quite possibly the only cup-tie Stirling University EOS will play all season will be at Arniston in King Cup R1 on Saturday 2nd March.

Reference to Gretna regards a different sort of incident from the Alex Jack Cup back in LL's first season: neither were SFA members at that point so not playing in the Scottish Cup. Referee in the tie "went rogue" and took the tie straight to penalties, which Gretna won, but of course it had to be replayed. Both sides had got a man sent off - of course, these still counted, even though the tie had been annulled. Gretna's man was accordingly suspended at the new attempt. University of Stirling's man was available for the new attempt as EOS cups and EOSL were grouped in a single suspension category and his suspension had thus been "served" by him not appearing for Stirling Uni EOS in EOSL on the intervening weekend - however he'd played for University of Stirling in LL and therefore missed no game whatsoever. I understand the grouping arrangements were then amended to prevent such an abuse reoccurring, though I couldn't tell you how, or whether any loopholes remain.

Stirling can move players back and forth between the teams without re-registering them as everyone are on senior contracts - in the same manner as clubs can use the U20s players without a need to re-register. Don't think they've especially "abused" it, tbh.

Edited by HibeeJibee

On 05/09/2018 at 01:32, HibeeJibee said:

Based on the reported figures here are the average league attendances from the start of the season to September 1st inclusive.

All clubs should have had 3 / 4 home games but due to Selkirk collapsing Spartans and Kelty have only had 2 each. Given in italics after the club's name is an average for league and cup-ties, for which of course a varying number have been played per club (and to which I've assumed 184 at EK v Jeanfield, 63 at Whitehill v LTHV, and 233 at Kelty v Edinburgh Utd as accepted by the collector).

League average without Selkirk is 141; including cup-ties 150.

363     Kelty     293
223     East Kilbride     212
193     East Stirlingshire     184
182     Spartans     422
180     Cumbernauld
138     Gala     141
132     Whitehill     119
129     Dalbeattie
115     Vale of Leithen
102     BSCG     113
   92     Stirling Uni     83
   79     Edinburgh Uni               no figure v EK