Lowland league attendances 2018/19

Burnieclub78

6 hours ago, Baxter's Nutmeg said:

Can you define “amateur crowds” please? Are these people who are novices at going to the football?

I've never been paid to attend a football match, so I suppose in that regard he's right, I am an amateur. 

On ‎10‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 00:02, Burnieclub78 said:

In the next couple of weeks the combined att of Lowland, EOS & SOS for league & cup games will smash through 100,000. With a few months remaining of this season, this total will rise considerably. 

Each league and all clubs will be able to produce their combined and average att for league, cups or both. 

I'm sure with spectator figures well into 6 figures, this can only help / benefit leagues & all clubs when looking for advertising & sponsorship. Each league and club will have this valuable information to use if they so wish. 

Hope this answers your point!

Couldn't answer the Amateur comment.

Yes Lowland league is definitely tier 5.

Is there a link or up to date version of running totals? 

It would be good to see trends in crowds if they are rising or falling over the season.   I know one local club who are bemoaning the fact that on 3 separate occasions the opposition brought not a single paying fan.

How would they know? Not everyone wears a scarf or shouts and jumps about.
I smell shite.

It may well be shite. It doesn't however mean the comment wasn't made.

Some of the figures suggests many teams won't be bringing many.

My point was by seeing figures over a period shows a trend.

If it starts high and ends low or if levels are consistent over a period.

21 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

It may well be shite. It doesn't however mean the comment wasn't made.

Some of the figures suggests many teams won't be bringing many.

My point was by seeing figures over a period shows a trend.

If it starts high and ends low or if levels are consistent over a period.

A poorly supported side might bring 5 or 6 folk spend £20 each on drink behind yer bar plus food and admission fees = £150+ compared to say 25 folk turning up and paying £6 Just to watch a match. 

I don't get all the scaremongering regarding crowds  ?

22 hours ago, Auld Heid said:

Is there a link or up to date version of running totals? 

It would be good to see trends in crowds if they are rising or falling over the season.   I know one local club who are bemoaning the fact that on 3 separate occasions the opposition brought not a single paying fan.

This is a bar chart of LL attendances over the course of the season to date. I can't see any evidence of them slumping. (Note that large numbers of games were postponed on October 13th, December 15th and February 2nd explaining the abnormally low level; also single attendances are missing for December 1st, 15th and - the only game on - February 2nd).

5c6806138f287_LLAtt2018-19.jpg.b68a188350e23a16b24432286ae7f1b9.jpg

Edited by HibeeJibee

Just going back to the last page and the poster from Cumnock - unsurprisingly googling for their attendances didn't turn up anything. :rolleyes: However in that search I found attendances listed on Beith Juniors website for season 2016-17: https://www.beithjuniors.com/content.php?pg=results&pd=1011#frmft=True&pg=results&pd=1011&fsea=32&fdfaShowAll=&frefShowAll=&fcomp1ShowAll=&frt=results&fhan=all

I make it an average of 276 from their league games.

Edited by Ginaro

17 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:
20 minutes ago, Dead said:
Shire crowd today v Dalbeattie Star was 169.

I was there today, looked more but hard to tell with everyone in the same stand.

Thought that myself. Guessed 185. But the match director knows the tally so I go with what he tells me.

I was also  told that 8 Star fans made the game today which is good given their position in the league. Since we have been in the Lowland League Star have always had travelling fans at our matches.

I remember Shire away games in the Scottish League when we had less travelling fans so I am always happy to see away fans make the effort. 

This is a bar chart of LL attendances over the course of the season to date. I can't see any evidence of them slumping. (Note that large numbers of games were postponed on October 13th, December 15th and February 2nd explaining the abnormally low level; also single attendances are missing for December 1st, 15th and - the only game on - February 2nd).

5c6806138f287_LLAtt2018-19.jpg.b68a188350e23a16b24432286ae7f1b9.jpg
Is there a wider link to attendance?

5 hours ago, Burnieclub78 said:

Looking for att / headcount for following if anyone can help?

16/2/19

East Kilbride v Civil Service Strollers

Edinburgh Uni v Bsc Glasgow 

Edusport v Spartans 

Also from previous couple months 

IMG_20190205_191237.JPG

Bigger than normal crowd at K Park yesterday but I couldn't be arsed counting it...sorry :rolleyes: