Lowland league attendances 2018/19

Burnieclub78

On ‎12‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 07:51, Burnieclub78 said:

Weekend att / headcount 9/2/19

As previously I have gone with att if given by clubs.

Also list of updated missing from Dec-Feb if anyone can help? 

IMG_20190210_191848.JPG

IMG_20190205_191237.JPG

I would predict there are a few team in the 5th tier who would be able to raise crowds bigger than the lower supported League 2 teams.  

Edited by Mountain Goat Stirling A

1 hour ago, Mountain Goat Stirling A said:

I would predict there are a few team in the 5th tier who would be able to raise crowds bigger than the lower supported League 2 teams.  

Clubs I have visited such as Bonnyrigg, Linlithgow and Bo'ness would comfortably be able to lift averages into the 500s if they were playing against reasonably supported opposition every week.  When the Eos Premier is in existence next year we will see some very large crowds...

3 hours ago, Mountain Goat Stirling A said:

Kelty in LL, and Linlithgow, Bonnyrigg and Bo'ness in EOSL, already average at/above the likes of Albion Rovers, Annan, Cowdenbeath, Edinburgh City and Stranraer.

You could anticipate the likes of East Kilbride, East Stirlingshire and Spartans in LL, and Camelon, Musselburgh, Penicuik and Tranent in EOSL, also reaching that ballpark were they ever to make it.

However you can look at Annan (whose crowds jumped from about 150 to 500 and have settled around 400) and Edinburgh City (from about 120 to 300), and see that larger increases can be achieved. If so you'd take in the likes of Gala in LL, and Broxburn, Dalkeith, Dundonald, Hill of Beath and Newtongrange in EOSL.

It depends on various factors like a club's latent support - the people who currently turn out for "big" games - and the local population and competition.

e.g. EK would only need to attract a fraction of a huge population base and Gala call on a wide field (beyond the oval ball); whereas Edinburgh, Midlothian and Fife are different kettles of fish. Nowadays with international weekends, winter break and so many Scottish Premiership games being moved for TV it's easier for fans of Hearts/Hibs/etc. to regularly watch a 'second' team lower down, too.

Edited by HibeeJibee

What kind of crowd do EK get? 

Edit. Sorry just looked back a page there it was 189 average.  Even though near the top in the league in terms of attendance I thought it would be more for some reason 

Edited by Boomtown Boy

What kind of crowd do EK get? 

Edit. Sorry just looked back a page there it was 189 average.  Even though near the top in the league in terms of attendance I thought it would be more for some reason 
The numbers are decent considering EK have been around for only 8 years (with the first few seasons as ammies in the SAFL)

What was EK v Edinburgh Uni last week?

Here's the current league-only averages as the league season enters its final weeks. Bracketed figures are home games remaining:

382     (2)     Kelty

188     (2)     East Stirlingshire
186     (4)     East Kilbride*
180     (2)     Spartans
139     (2)     Gala
122     (5)     Dalbeattie
110     (3)     Cumbernauld
108     (3)     Whitehill

89     (3)     Gretna
   82     (3)     Edinburgh Uni^
   82     (4)     Vale of Leithen
   80     (2)     BSCG
   77     (2)     Stirling Uni
   73     (4)     Civil Service
   54     (2)     Edusport"

* v Edinburgh Uni and v Gala wanting
^ v BSCG wanting
" v BSCG and v Gretna wanting

6 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

What was EK v Edinburgh Uni last week?

Here's the current league-only averages as the league season enters its final weeks. Bracketed figures are home games remaining:

382     (2)     Kelty

188     (2)     East Stirlingshire
186     (4)     East Kilbride*
180     (2)     Spartans
139     (2)     Gala
122     (5)     Dalbeattie
110     (3)     Cumbernauld
108     (3)     Whitehill

89     (3)     Gretna
   82     (3)     Edinburgh Uni^
   82     (4)     Vale of Leithen
   80     (2)     BSCG
   77     (2)     Stirling Uni
   73     (4)     Civil Service
   54     (2)     Edusport"

* v Edinburgh Uni and v Gala wanting
^ v BSCG wanting
" v BSCG and v Gretna wanting

Crowd at the Shire v Civil Service Strollers game tonight was 186 (slight change to the initially given 179 in case anyone is wondering).

Decent amount of support tonight for the Strollers, they certainly enjoyed the Stollers goals.

I took 7 payments at the famous lift and 1 season ticket. Maybe didn't add the season ticket to the total, or might have been 187? 

Whole host of people come up that lift and I don't know if they're recorded or not, season tickets, folk from other clubs, Barry Ferguson etc.