Lowland league attendances 2018/19

Burnieclub78

45 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Gretna v East Stirlingshire only 80?  I thought Gretna still carried a half decent support.

Gretna used to have a decent following wi many posters on here. There were changes at boardroom level and it all changed when the new regime came in. Whether that has something to do with dwindling crowds I wouldn't know.

Gretna used to have a decent following wi many posters on here. There were changes at boardroom level and it all changed when the new regime came in. Whether that has something to do with dwindling crowds I wouldn't know.
Thought the club was fan owned?

Just now, Burnie_man said:
1 minute ago, newcastle broon said:

Thought the club was fan owned?

Good point that's one for a Gretna fan to comment on.The guy in charge now  used to be their manager. I think there's one or two on here but they don't post often these days. 

Few years ago Gretna put crowds on their old website (Threave did same; Edinburgh City and Whitehill in their programmes).

Generally in 120 territory, sometimes toward 150, in those days IIRC.

EDIT: I've found figures for the last season they published (2013-14) in an old post. League average was 143/all competitions 122, excluding last league game v Preston.

If it's of any interest LL clubs who published in 2013-14 were as follows - in each case 1 or 2 late-season games were missing, for Threave the derby v Dalbeattie:

Gretna 2008 ... league average 143 / all competitions 122 ... now 89 / 91
Edinburgh City... league 76 / all 84 ... now in SPFL2
Threave Rovers ... league 143 / all 151 ... now in SOSL
Whitehill Welfare ... league 125 / all 111 ... now 107 / 101

Edited by HibeeJibee

1 hour ago, Burnieclub78 said:

IMG_20190128_114629.JPG

Have you got:

Jan 12th ... East Kilbride v Gretna, Coldstream v Hawick, Oakley v Dunbar

and are:

Dec 8th ... Tynecastle v Dunipace - 60
Jan 5th ... Tynecastle v LTHV - 100

correct?

Edited by HibeeJibee

5 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Have you got:

Jan 12th ... East Kilbride v Gretna, Coldstream v Hawick, Oakley v Dunbar

and are:

Dec 8th ... Tynecastle v Dunipace - 60
Jan 5th ... Tynecastle v LTHV - 100

correct?

12th Jan

East Kilbride v Gretna 220

Coldstream v Hawick 78

Oakley v Dunbar 50

Yes both Tynecastle games are correct 

3 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

Gretna v East Stirlingshire only 80?  I thought Gretna still carried a half decent support.

Jings I was miles out in my headcount at the game on sat! I got c.103 though I did include everyone including the directors box. A number of people kept going in and out of the bar and in the end it was too difficult to work it out exactly! Prob about 20 to 30 ish Shire fans at the game.

1 hour ago, Dead said:

Jings I was miles out in my headcount at the game on sat! I got c.103 though I did include everyone including the directors box. A number of people kept going in and out of the bar and in the end it was too difficult to work it out exactly! Prob about 20 to 30 ish Shire fans at the game.

I don't know if fig I get from club includes all including directors etc or pay only? I do keep putting wee reminders out to count all. Thanks again for doing headcounts it's really appreciated. 

2 hours ago, Dead said:

I went into the bar but didn't come out! 

3 hours ago, Burnieclub78 said:

I don't know if fig I get from club includes all including directors etc or pay only? I do keep putting wee reminders out to count all. Thanks again for doing headcounts it's really appreciated. 

and thanks for getting the official crowd. I use that and put a note for the records 're my head count

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Troon said:

What’s the point!!!!!!

Amateur teams with amateur crowds. 

5th tier of Scottish football - you’re having a laugh!

Perhaps you could point in the direction of Cumnock's attendance figures? Assuming you collect and publish them of course - I mean it would be pretty amateurish if you didn't...

1 hour ago, Troon said:

What’s the point!!!!!! 

Amateur teams with amateur crowds. 

5th tier of Scottish football - you’re having a laugh! 

In the next couple of weeks the combined att of Lowland, EOS & SOS for league & cup games will smash through 100,000. With a few months remaining of this season, this total will rise considerably. 

Each league and all clubs will be able to produce their combined and average att for league, cups or both. 

I'm sure with spectator figures well into 6 figures, this can only help / benefit leagues & all clubs when looking for advertising & sponsorship. Each league and club will have this valuable information to use if they so wish. 

Hope this answers your point!

Couldn't answer the Amateur comment.

Yes Lowland league is definitely tier 5.