Lowland league attendances 2018/19

Burnieclub78

Just now, newcastle broon said:

:lol: fine pal. 

Pity aboot my team :shutup

I just hope their gk was injured (subbed) otherwise it was taking the piss :lol:

They’re an arrogant bunch bud, glad to see the back of them tbh :lol:

2 hours ago, GordonS said:

Innerleithen are already 2-0 up, I'm not going to count how many are here in case someone takes it the wrong way emoji55.png

I counted over a hundred :) Fairly local game for me and I went on a whim as I don't often get the chance to watch non-'Well games - pretty entertaining game (4-2 Vale) and a decent enough crowd (although most were from Gala I guess). 

23 minutes ago, Swello said:

I counted over a hundred :) Fairly local game for me and I went on a whim as I don't often get the chance to watch non-'Well games - pretty entertaining game (4-2 Vale) and a decent enough crowd (although most were from Gala I guess). 

The official count was 153, there was a decent support for Vale tonight plus  two Walsall and Leicester supporters doing a visit to non-league grounds. One even won the half time draw.  

24 minutes ago, Ruthrieston said:

The official count was 153, there was a decent support for Vale tonight plus  two Walsall and Leicester supporters doing a visit to non-league grounds. One even won the half time draw.  

I was pleasantly surprised to be honest - hadn't expected so many - I assume it will be one of the bigger crowds of the season?

3 hours ago, Swello said:

My guess was 100-120, but there was a guy with a clicker on the gate so I imagine there will be a 'fishel attendance figure.

Really enjoyable, spicy game, some good goals, excellent pitch, nice ground with a stunning backdrop, mild and dry evening... I can't understand why any local football fan would rather watch the telly than go to a game like that.

2 hours ago, Ruthrieston said:

I noticed a few ground-hoppers with English accents. I was groundhopping too, I suppose, but experience of serious groundhoppers has left me wanting to avoid them. 

5 hours ago, GordonS said:

I noticed a few ground-hoppers with English accents. I was groundhopping too, I suppose, but experience of serious groundhoppers has left me wanting to avoid them. 

I think most "groundhoppers" want to avoid "serious groundhoppers". I just go to various different grounds, I don't make it a religious thing in not counting the ground if they don't issue a program, if it's a friendly or whatever. A friend of mine who has been to all 92 league grounds in England hasn't done "the 92" according to some of those "serious groundhoppers", as he went to some of the clubs before their last promotion. Apparently, if a club has been relegated from the EFL and comes back up, you'll have to visit them again...

11 hours ago, GordonS said:

My guess was 100-120, but there was a guy with a clicker on the gate so I imagine there will be a 'fishel attendance figure.

Really enjoyable, spicy game, some good goals, excellent pitch, nice ground with a stunning backdrop, mild and dry evening... I can't understand why any local football fan would rather watch the telly than go to a game like that.

A significant proportion of people interested in football never go to matches and perhaps rarely did in the past either. To these people, football is only what they see on the telly.

1 hour ago, cmontheloknow said:

A significant proportion of people interested in football never go to matches and perhaps rarely did in the past either. To these people, football is only what they see on the telly.

Never thought of that. How sad. Telly's nothing like being there. 

7 hours ago, Marten said:

I think most "groundhoppers" want to avoid "serious groundhoppers". I just go to various different grounds, I don't make it a religious thing in not counting the ground if they don't issue a program, if it's a friendly or whatever. A friend of mine who has been to all 92 league grounds in England hasn't done "the 92" according to some of those "serious groundhoppers", as he went to some of the clubs before their last promotion. Apparently, if a club has been relegated from the EFL and comes back up, you'll have to visit them again...

That's mental. I heard some of the rules some of them have - at first I didn't believe it, but then I heard it from other people. Some don't 'count' a ground unless they've seen a goal! I was told of a guy repeating a trip of hundreds of miles because he hadn't seen a goal. Some must walk right round the ground, use the toilet, have a pie and buy a programme. Imagine saying you hadn't been to a ground because they didn't do a programme.

These people aren't football fans, they're trainspotters.

1 minute ago, The_Judge said:

There's a few games I've been at where I ended up wishing I'd been watching it on the telly :unsure:

If a game is rubbish, it's still better to see it in the flesh than on telly though. A boring game on TV is worse than a boring game in person. 

Only caveat to that is if it's freezing. 

I've never really understood groundhoppers and their programme rule: is it about having evidence the game happened? Proxy criteria for "proper football"?

Not counting 0-0's is even more bizarre. I can see why say an abandoned game might not "count", but beyond that...

1 hour ago, cmontheloknow said:

20 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Never thought of that. How sad. Telly's nothing like being there. 

It's like anything in life... 2.9M Scots identified with one or other Christian denomination in the last census, but "only" about 400,000 are in church or chapel on a Sunday morning. Millions of people must listen to music; few attend concerts/gigs/festivals. Hundreds of thousands follow football - otherwise it wouldn't get so much newspaper space, broadcast time, etc. - but "only" about 130,000 attend each weekend throughout the levels.

Edited by HibeeJibee