Lowland league attendances 2018/19

Burnieclub78

2 hours ago, GordonS said:

80 at Civil Service Strollers v Vale of Leithen, at least there was in the first half, I left at half time.

I'm sure the strollers officials didn't lose any sleep over yer non appearance in the 2nd half :thumsup2

Edited by newcastle broon

What did you leave for ? 
I had planned to watch the game and then head over to Peffermill for the second half of Leith v Oakley, but the game was awful and nothing about the ground made me want to stay (rail is 10 yards from the pitch, seating is a further 10 yards back and people were standing in front of it, no food before the game and I hadn't had lunch). So I went for the whole of the Leith game instead, which was a better and more interesting match.

1 hour ago, GordonS said:
16 hours ago, Rab B Nesbit said:
What did you leave for ? 

I had planned to watch the game and then head over to Peffermill for the second half of Leith v Oakley, but the game was awful and nothing about the ground made me want to stay (rail is 10 yards from the pitch, seating is a further 10 yards back and people were standing in front of it, no food before the game and I hadn't had lunch). So I went for the whole of the Leith game instead, which was a better and more interesting match.

Christ if you saw the Peffermill 3G as a better option for watching fitba than the Strollerdome you are safely in the minority. 

Edited by Rab B Nesbit

17 hours ago, newcastle broon said:
I'm sure the strollers officials didn't lose any sleep over yer non appearance in the 2nd half :thumsup2

That seems like an odd thing to say, but ok.

How's it odd ?

you've paid an admission fee giving the club some revenue. They wouldn't have given a feck whether you stayed or went after that. 

You then go on and criticise the club after a brief 45 stop. 

I'd say that's a bit odd.......

Just want to thank clubs, supporters and everyone who helped with head counts / attendances for weekend games.  I now have attendances for all Lowland league & eosfl games played, as accurate as possible at this early stage. I will get something up in the  next day or two. With mid week games this week I would really appreciate any help with head counts / attendances. I am hoping this can be done for all games throughout season. Thanks. 

Christ if you saw the Peffermill 3G as a better option for watching fitba than the Strollerdome you are safely in the minority. 
The pitch markings are terrible and there's no cover, but you can get an elevated view and closer to the pitch so the sightlines are considerably better. I'd never been before so I didn't know what it would be like; if the Strollers game hadn't been eye-wateringly bad I'd definitely have stayed.

Leith-Oakley was a much more interesting game, being between a higher-end EoS team and a middling ex-Junior. I was surprised to see that Oakley had more ability in their ranks and ought to have won by more, but Leith we disciplined and a bit more tactically astute. The contrast in styles was intriguing.

Vale of Leithen v Gala tonight, looking forward to it.

How's it odd ?
you've paid an admission fee giving the club some revenue. They wouldn't have given a feck whether you stayed or went after that. 
You then go on and criticise the club after a brief 45 stop. 
I'd say that's a bit odd.......

How is it odd? Because it's totally irrelevant. I can't understand why you'd mention the officials. I know you were trying to make some sort of point but I don't know what it is.

FWIW a person would have to be very touchy indeed to be bothered by me saying the rail is a long way from the pitch. Are we not allowed to pass comment on the grounds we go to? If so, you'd better not read what I wrote about Cove. Am I allowed to say I liked Guy's Meadow last night?

IMG_20180728_151440050.jpg

13 minutes ago, GordonS said:

How is it odd? Because it's totally irrelevant. I can't understand why you'd mention the officials. I know you were trying to make some sort of point but I don't know what it is.

FWIW a person would have to be very touchy indeed to be bothered by me saying the rail is a long way from the pitch. Are we not allowed to pass comment on the grounds we go to? If so, you'd better not read what I wrote about Cove. Am I allowed to say I liked Guy's Meadow last night?

IMG_20180728_151440050.jpg

Yer being sarcy now. Just like yer original post.

You paid yer entry fee then fecked off.

You're the one saying my post was odd.

I just found it odd criticising a club you know practically feck all about.

Every time I've been there, there's ALWAYS been decent food. 

Maybes you could ve worded it a wee bit better if ye want to be a journalist.  

Yer being sarcy now. Just like yer original post.
You paid yer entry fee then fecked off.
You're the one saying my post was odd.
I just found it odd criticising a club you know practically feck all about.
Every time I've been there, there's ALWAYS been decent food. 
Maybes you could ve worded it a wee bit better if ye want to be a journalist.  

I wasn't being remotely, even to the tiniest degree, sarcy. My post was 100% as it was written. If you've taken anything else from it that's entirely, entirely on you.

There was no food before the game. I only criticised what I could see with my eyes. I don't want to be a journalist, I was only responding to the OP with the attendance but making clear I was only there for the first half. I only said more when another poster asked why I left.

I feel like I've walked into a pub only to find the music screech off and everyone turn to look at me. I'll get back to watching football and leave you boys to your local forum, for local people.

Innerleithen are already 2-0 up, I'm not going to count how many are here in case someone takes it the wrong way [emoji55]

I wasn't being remotely, even to the tiniest degree, sarcy. My post was 100% as it was written. If you've taken anything else from it that's entirely, entirely on you.

There was no food before the game. I only criticised what I could see with my eyes. I don't want to be a journalist, I was only responding to the OP with the attendance but making clear I was only there for the first half. I only said more when another poster asked why I left.

I feel like I've walked into a pub only to find the music screech off and everyone turn to look at me. I'll get back to watching football and leave you boys to your local forum, for local people.

Innerleithen are already 2-0 up, I'm not going to count how many are here in case someone takes it the wrong way emoji55.png

:lol: well Whitehill 6 doon wi a decent 200+ crowd if that keeps the peace :thumsup2