Berwick v Stirling

OK that's the League Cup shite out of the way. (They really need to have a re-think on that one).

Berwick start the season with a dreadful record from that competition, and in the early days of a truly pathetic Boardroom war. I reckon we ain't seen nothing yet.

But, Robbie Horn and his team carry on with their fingers in their ears and I reckon all is not necessarily doom and gloom. Some other clubs (Peterhead, Elgin, Albion) are struggling too and on the opening day of the season, a mediocre Stirling will tell us where we are. 

True, we need a forward (and we may have one by Saturday), but the midfield is improving and our fragile defence did well against Livi, allegedly. As ever under Robbie, absolutely nothing wrong with effort and Team Spirit.

Not giving the opposition a goal start in the first 5 minutes will help, and I am actually optimistic we can start with a win.

Must dash, some men in white coats knocking on my door.......

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The proper football is back. Looking forward to it, love a trip down to Berwick.

A game we should probably be winning, can see Berwick struggling this season. If we play like we did first half against Dunfermline I can’t see past us. Is Daz back for this?

OK that's the League Cup shite out of the way. (They really need to have a re-think on that one).

Disagree Redcar, I quite like it and I think by and large it’s been a success over the past 3 seasons.

a mediocre Stirling will tell us where we are. 

Pretty much the same team that finished 3rd last season, with a couple of additions, not sure we are mediocre. Time will tell.

Looking forward to getting the season underway. I can’t help but think that the squad is short of numbers though, but we should still have enough to beat a Berwick side that looks, and through various posts on here, and has been absolute bobbins.

If we can keep up the performance levels of Saturday then we’ll have a good season but Barr will be a big loss I’m sure.

Darren Smith hasn’t kicked a ball since last season, so even if he is over his injury, I doubt he’ll be ready for First Team action by Saturday, but hopefully Moon will come back into consideration.

The proper football is back. Looking forward to it, love a trip down to Berwick.

A game we should probably be winning, can see Berwick struggling this season. If we play like we did first half against Dunfermline I can’t see past us. Is Daz back for this?

Never an easy place to get points over the years but I’ve got a feeling that Saturday will find us taking all 3 points up the road. Still imo 3 or 4 players short of the size of squad needed to get us hopefully out of this f**king basement league and hopefully stay out.

Hopefully Daz will be fit for this one and if he is he will be on the bench imo. Peaso and Stewart have done well in the last couple of games and expect them to start, along with Kevin Fell who looks like he could be a very good signing for us.

Just the start we need 3 points at Berwick, to set us up nicely for the visit of Clyde to Forthbank.

Aye Peaso and Stewart link up well together. Having Daz as an option off the bench would be grand.

I imagine we will lineup like this;
Binnie
Geeks- Marr- Banner- Allan
Moon- Docherty
Stewart- Jardine- McLaughlin
Peaso

4 hours ago, Redcar said:

Berwick start the season with a dreadful record from that competition, and in the early days of a truly pathetic Boardroom war. I reckon we ain't seen nothing yet.

But, Robbie Horn and his team carry on with their fingers in their ears and I reckon all is not necessarily doom and gloom. Some other clubs (Peterhead, Elgin, Albion) are struggling too and on the opening day of the season, a mediocre Stirling will tell us where we are. 

True, we need a forward (and we may have one by Saturday), but the midfield is improving and our fragile defence did well against Livi, allegedly. As ever under Robbie, absolutely nothing wrong with effort and Team Spirit.

Not giving the opposition a goal start in the first 5 minutes will help, and I am actually optimistic we can start with a win.

Must dash, some men in white coats knocking on my door.......

For someone who purports to be a writer, your grammar is awful Mr Stuart Bell. Line 1, the full stop should be inside the parentheses with which you started the sentence, only if the parentheses appear within a sentence is the full stop outside.

Line 2 contains a double negative which tells us we have seen something and this makes no sense in the context of your previous sentence.

Go off rambling elsewhere, the Yorkshire Dales perhaps and leave this thread alone. 8)

2 hours ago, The Pidgeon said:

For someone who purports to be a writer, your grammar is awful Mr Stuart Bell. Line 1, the full stop should be inside the parentheses with which you started the sentence, only if the parentheses appear within a sentence is the full stop outside.

Line 2 contains a double negative which tells us we have seen something and this makes no sense in the context of your previous sentence.

Go off rambling elsewhere, the Yorkshire Dales perhaps and leave this thread alone. 8)

Wanna buy a book? Quite a few on top of my wardrobe. :)

I understand some of the Berwick fans are far from happy about their chairman being ousted.  As a Stirling fan, Berwick have nothing but my total sympathy, after all the shit we've been though with internal civil war without end.  I hope whoever you get is as far removed as possible, from the would be king  we had to see off  from replacing ours.  Christ I've had my own differences with our chairman, but I'll take him over a devious, arrogant, belligerent wannabe every time.  It's bad enough when you're ready to weep at what you've been watching, without that crap for a backdrop.    Dunno who'll win on Saturday, but if we're brothers and sisters in anything, it's been bloody suffering for far too long.

According to Observer Darren Barr and Darren Smith out. Kyle Banner and Kevin Moon both suspended, Lee Hamilton hopefully should be fit for this one after treatment to a foot injury. 

So it looks like we will be packing the bench with Under 20`s for this one. Really need help in various areas not just midfield, hopefully we can get at least a couple more bodies in to strengthen  the squad as we are quite short at the moment. Hope we do not pick up any more injuries. 

On 29/07/2018 at 18:51, JakeSAFC said:

Aye Peaso and Stewart link up well together. Having Daz as an option off the bench would be grand.

I imagine we will lineup like this;
Binnie
Geeks- Marr- Banner- Allan
Moon- Docherty
Stewart- Jardine- McLaughlin
Peaso

Banner and Moon both suspended for this one so we are struggling for numbers already

Archived