Friendly cancellations

NewGuy2017

So heard this morning the team were supposed to playing this midweek have pulled out as they have another friendly booked. 

Last weeks opposition pulled out too leaving our players lacking match sharpness and fitness. 

Season starts in 2 weeks. 

Joke. 

When you arrange a friendly you should always try your best to honour it. If I asked a team for a pre season and they agreed, then played another team I wouldn’t be asking them again. It’s not fair on the other team who have had to jostle  things about, to try and suit their players commitments and that of their opponents. Probably harder to arrange a friendly out of season than a league game.  Pure shite from the other team to be honest,   

You're spot on the money there. Its hard enough trying to keep guys interested during pre season with training never mind teams pulling out when we have friendlies booked. That could ultimately have an impact on players wanting to sign for the club, possibly leaving the club with not enough players. The knock on effect is massive. 

I think circumstances need to be taken into account , if a team commits to s friendly in June for the end of July and need to pull out closer to the date due to numbers, then I have some sympathy as holidays, players leaving, players Failing to sign and work is at an all time high at this stage with sometimes not much notice. It can happen to even the top junior teams in the country. If a team has pulled out due to getting a better offer then that's shocking! If they have double booked then evem worse as its poor planing.

Totally agree. Our opposition last week pulled out due to numbers and thats understandable. Teams can lose players and go to the wall and any point. Not easy running a football team. 

The opposition this midweek had double booked so thats not so good. 

Hopefully we can get a friendly sorted for midweek now. 

Seems to be happening a lot this year. My own team cancelled a game on a Wednesday night for the Saturday as a few boys end ed up getting shifts on the Saturday which if more local could possibly have made. Even this weekend our bus no showed to take us to Oban So we had to quickly arrange 4 cars to take us up as didn’t want to let them down at 11am on the morning of the game. Nothing worse on the Morning of a game to get the text saying the other team can’t make it and you have booked Park hospitality etc

Archived