East Fife vs Dumbarton

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Jordo1872 said:

Ok folks enough of the negativity. Let’s kick start the season on a positive note and hope it resonates to the team.

I’ll go first and predict Aitken starts with Carswell in the holding midfield role with Hutts on the bench. Forbes will be fully fit and stroll it from the middle of the park whilst Barr runs amok down the wing. A fully fit, motivated, Roy bangs in 2 and quickly becomes our new 21st century Paddy Flannery.

As disappointing as last week was we put in an equally impressive performance versus Killie, so we can match the latter today.

3-1 Sons. Loy (2), Gallagher. Aggy free-kick for the Fifers.

safe journey to all travelling north.

I'm in the pub already and 1 pint in I still can't see any of this... :lol: 

I do agree with your point though. No point dwelling over last week (or last season!) or even getting hung up on the Carswell/Hutton situation. We just need to back the team today and throughout the season. Let's give them a chance for now and if we are nowhere near the top in a month or 2 then we can maybe start making judgements on changing things.

29 minutes ago, squeezeboxson said:

I'm in the pub already and 1 pint in I still can't see any of this... :lol: 

I do agree with your point though. No point dwelling over last week (or last season!) or even getting hung up on the Carswell/Hutton situation. We just need to back the team today and throughout the season. Let's give them a chance for now and if we are nowhere near the top in a month or 2 then we can maybe start making judgements on changing things.

Jordo sounds like he's a few more than 1 pint in!

1 hour ago, Forest_Fifer said:
3 hours ago, Jordo1872 said:
Ok folks enough of the negativity. Let’s kick start the season on a positive note and hope it resonates to the team.
I’ll go first and predict Aitken starts with Carswell in the holding midfield role with Hutts on the bench. Forbes will be fully fit and stroll it from the middle of the park whilst Barr runs amok down the wing. A fully fit, motivated, Roy bangs in 2 and quickly becomes our new 21st century Paddy Flannery.
As disappointing as last week was we put in an equally impressive performance versus Killie, so we can match the latter today.
3-1 Sons. Loy (2), Gallagher. Aggy free-kick for the Fifers.
safe journey to all travelling north.

North?

Yes pal, Methil sits north of Dumbarton on the OS map. Here to help.

4-4-2 then? Well...it's a start. Might be a diamond like we saw against Queen's Park.

Pleased to see Loy and Gallagher up top together. Thomson, Barr and Little are good options to have on the bench too.

2 minutes ago, Ross Forbes said:

4-4-2 then? Well...it's a start. Might be a diamond like we saw against Queen's Park.

Pleased to see Loy and Gallagher up top together. Thomson, Barr and Little are good options to have on the bench too.

Very strong bench. I think we'd all rather have B.Barr starting ahead of Hutton/Carswell, but at least it's two up top.

Presumably we're playing a 4-4-2 with Forbes out wide (when he's far more effective in the middle). At least Gallagher is starting.

Forbes most successful season of his career was playing wide. I don't have any issues with him being deployed there.

As much as the team sheet has been confirmed it's still a total lottery as to where everyone will be deployed. I just hope there isn't some awful surprise in store, like Gallagher out wide or something.

Started horrendously, but we've grown into the game and created a few decent openings.

We look pretty good when we get the ball on the deck. Loy, Forbes, Paton and the SeaGal have all shown some really cute touches. Unfortunately we've also resorted to lumping it on a few occasions which is utterly pointless.

First goal will be crucial.

3 minutes ago, Ross Forbes said:

Started horrendously, but we've grown into the game and created a few decent openings.

We look pretty good when we get the ball on the deck. Loy, Forbes, Paton and the SeaGal have all shown some really cute touches. Unfortunately we've also resorted to lumping it on a few occasions which is utterly pointless.

First goal will be crucial.

What formation are we playing?

Archived