East Fife vs Dumbarton

28 minutes ago, Ross Forbes said:

To be fair it's not just you guys. 11 of our 32 goals this year have came from corners or free-kicks.

What a stat, top man. I'd been wondering how many it had been.

I remember growing up watching us (in the 90s and 00s) whenever I got excited about a corner, someone would say 'don't worry, we never score from corners'. It really was true until a few years ago*.

*Ben Gordon's header against Cowdenbeath, aside.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, King Kebab said:

What the f**k did I just watch???

Dumbarton must have thought it was Christmas the way we gifted that game to them all wrapped up with a nice bow, we gifted them two easy corners, we gifted them two unmarked easy headers on goal and ended up gifted them a win!!!

Utter, utter shite but the most disappointing thing was the change in the side after Kevin Smith's injury and subsequent substitution, up until that point it had been like watching Barcelona we should have been two up in the first quarter of an hour and repeatedly tore Dumbarton a new one everytime we went up the park, but how could a change like that happen it was like watching two different sides in East Fife colours in the first half???

Why didn't the Manager keep the same shape and tactics that Dumbarton obviously couldn't cope with, when Kev got injured? A like for like substitution, Court was on the bench get him on, instead of trying to shoehorn a midfielder up front, it looked to me like Agnew didn't know where he was supposed to be playing and ended up playing so deep it was like we had 5 across the middle, sitting deeper and allowing Dumbarton to get back into the game. Bringing Thomson on was a mistake, it upset the whole balance of the side and besides that the guy had a mare and ended up being substituted himself, so we can assume that that is his confidence shot for the next few weeks!!!

A like for like sub coming on and we would have went on to win that game I'm sure, it was there for the taking, ended up being glad we got to half time without conceding but the second half was just more of the same and we gave Dumbarton a win they didn't even have to work for!!!

Noticed that when we brought Court on for the last ten minutes and went back to the 442 we started to look more like it, but it was too little too late!!!

This better be a blip and surely to f**k we aren't a "one-man team" and turn to shite every time Kev Smith gets injured???

I think you were  both unlucky and self defeating.Clinical finishing and the game would have been over as a contest after 20 mins.We simply could not cope.Poor tactics allowed us into the game and we then scored 2 goals that were arguably poorly defended.The 2nd goal didnt look like one but then again the linesman had a better view.

As for Sons , we certainly shouldnt be sucking each others dix yet.If that had been Arbroath today we would have got battered.Team needs to gel and SA has to find his best 11 and set up.We have the tools but i still doubt about our ability to do the job.Team spirit will be essential this season as it lacked last year.We need to be able to come back after going a goal down.Good result aye , but im very cautious and wary of what might happen.Stevie prove me wrong please....

Downside though another setback to CB...guy has had no luck at all.I believe the gable endies have put a curse on him.

Darren Young has to be accountable for that what the hell went through the mans head with that substitution when Kev Smith went off . You would struggle to see a more one sided game Dumbarton couldn’t cope with our front movement. In the end all to reminiscent of last season toothless up front , horrendous defensively and no creativity from the middle of the park. I’ll say it again you cannot win games of football miss chances like we missed, and defending like a primary school team.  No wins in competitive matches this season , and keep defending like that and god knows where a win will come from.

On 1 August 2018 at 13:47, colin H said:

2-0 Dumbarton probably

Hmmmm!!!

Didn't  see Colin at the game today, probably got last nights lottery numbers as well!!!

31 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

What the f**k is that East Fife no 12 up to? Dancing around the ball like it's a molten turd instead of ripping one into the net. Bizarre.

That was unbelievably strange from the no 12.

I'm surprised more hasn't been made of the EF 'keeper allowing the second to go in. Poor defending, but equally bad goalkeeping.

Forbes' ball to Paton was delicious, that would've been some goal.

What the f**k is that East Fife no 12 up to? Dancing around the ball like it's a molten turd instead of ripping one into the net. Bizarre.

When you see the behind the goals on the East Fife highlights, it’s actually a double save from Adam. He gets another touch on the ball when he goes to hit it the first time which just takes it away then it’s a case of a leftie trying to use his right-foot...

I think I must've been watching a different game after reading these comments on Hutton. I thought he was dreadful again yesterday until we went 2-0 up then he decided to start affecting play. I would honestly have Carswell or Thomson in there over him every time (mainly because Carswell is wasted on the right).

As has been said, that first 15 minites we looked like a team that hadn't met each other or been given any instructions. Smith went off and Young changed his shape and decided to lump balls down the throat of Dowie and Barr, which suited us down to the ground. I was encouraged by Loy and Gallagher up front, both are really busy players and there was signs of an understanding between the two yesterday, hopefully we keep playing them together and that can grow.

I think our defence and attack picks itself now, I'm really not convinced with both Hutton and Carswell in any shape of midfield but as long as we keep taking 3 points I suppose we can't complain too much.

Forbes passing and delivery is just not on at times, he should not be at this level.

Archived