East Fife vs Dumbarton

Only Ross Perry out for us which is good news. If nothing else having Ballantyne in the starting eleven should give us something extra going forward.

The team pretty much picks itself if we go for a 4-1-3-2. We'll be able to tell from the moment the teamsheet's published how Stevie's going to tackle this league. I'm more nervous for that than I am for the game.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, Ross Forbes said:

Only Ross Perry out for us which is good news. If nothing else having Ballantyne in the starting eleven should give us something extra going forward.

The team pretty much picks itself if we go for a 4-1-3-2. We'll be able to tell from the moment the teamsheet's published how Stevie's going to tackle this league. I'm more nervous for that than I am for the game.

100% Hutton and Carswell will play together.

13 minutes ago, Scottylintonstowel said:

Charlie Bootland returns from the dead to score hatrick. Hutton and Carswell are signed by ITV to replace Ant and Dec whilst he who used to be Sonsteam of 08 weeps tears of joy as they disappear into the distance.

It wouldn't be tears of joy if we lost Carsy. Top boy.

Sparky still injured for East Fife?
I know he went a bit mad with us and headbutted his teammate but I liked him as a left back.

Yup, still injured, September I think is the date he's given himself!!!

Don’t panic if carsy and hutts are on the team sheet, wait and see the shape of the team. Remember that they played together against qp with carsy further forward.
The QP performance was hardly anything to write home about tbh, the 2nd half in particular was verging on absolutely shite.

If Carswell and Hutton are starting together it effectively confirms that Aitken is absolutely blind to the fact that it simply doesn't work pairing two guys who are trying to do the exact same job. If he shunts Carswell further up the park to ensure Hutton also starts then it also confirms that he's blind to the fact Hutton is fairly shite, lazy and spends the majority of his 90 minutes sauntering around not giving a f**k. If anyone else had turned in performances like that they'd be dropped but for some reason Aitken is in awe of Hutton and views him as a player we're lucky to have (FWIW we're not).

The obvious solution is to drop Hutton and play Carswell in his natural position.

2 hours ago, sonsanorak said:

Don’t panic if carsy and hutts are on the team sheet, wait and see the shape of the team. Remember that they played together against qp with carsy further forward.

I won't panic, I'll greet.  

2 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

The QP performance was hardly anything to write home about tbh, the 2nd half in particular was verging on absolutely shite.

If Carswell and Hutton are starting together it effectively confirms that Aitken is absolutely blind to the fact that it simply doesn't work pairing two guys who are trying to do the exact same job. If he shunts Carswell further up the park to ensure Hutton also starts then it also confirms that he's blind to the fact Hutton is fairly shite, lazy and spends the majority of his 90 minutes sauntering around not giving a f**k. If anyone else had turned in performances like that they'd be dropped but for some reason Aitken is in awe of Hutton and views him as a player we're lucky to have (FWIW we're not).

The obvious solution is to drop Hutton and play Carswell in his natural position.

I could not have put it better myself, not only is Hutton habitually ineffective, his presence in the team has severely diminished Carswell's performances.  I do however think that Durrant may have some influence in all of this, and it may not all be down to Stevie Aitken.

I could not have put it better myself, not only is Hutton habitually ineffective, his presence in the team has severely diminished Carswell's performances.  I do however think that Durrant may have some influence in all of this, and it may not all be down to Stevie Aitken.
If so aitken should stand up and be strong on his decision. He's the manager not durrant. Just because it's an ex rangers buddy doesn't mean he should automatically get a game. I think we're all in agreement that Hutton is the issue and needs to be dropped for us to progress.

Ok folks enough of the negativity. Let’s kick start the season on a positive note and hope it resonates to the team.

I’ll go first and predict Aitken starts with Carswell in the holding midfield role with Hutts on the bench. Forbes will be fully fit and stroll it from the middle of the park whilst Barr runs amok down the wing. A fully fit, motivated, Roy bangs in 2 and quickly becomes our new 21st century Paddy Flannery.

As disappointing as last week was we put in an equally impressive performance versus Killie, so we can match the latter today.

3-1 Sons. Loy (2), Gallagher. Aggy free-kick for the Fifers.

safe journey to all travelling north.

21 minutes ago, Jordo1872 said:

Ok folks enough of the negativity. Let’s kick start the season on a positive note and hope it resonates to the team.

I’ll go first and predict Aitken starts with Carswell in the holding midfield role with Hutts on the bench. Forbes will be fully fit and stroll it from the middle of the park whilst Barr runs amok down the wing. A fully fit, motivated, Roy bangs in 2 and quickly becomes our new 21st century Paddy Flannery.

As disappointing as last week was we put in an equally impressive performance versus Killie, so we can match the latter today.

Ally?  @Rangeman

Even in spite of what happened last week I absolutely cannot wait for this. You cannot beat league football, and our squad (on paper at least) is one that should be exciting.

Over to Stevie to get the feel good factor around the place back. This might just be one of the biggest tests of his managerial career, because the result today could set the tone for how we start the season - and if it's negative then he'll be under a huge amount of pressure next week from our home fans.

Wingurz. Strikurz. Goalz.

We know we have virtually a new team, and I know of no Sons fan who expects anything other than a tough season.

But those who fail to learn the lessons of (recent) history, especially in respect of player selection and team formation, are condemned to repeat them.

Let's all hope that positivity prevails, in every sense....

Can’t wait for the game this afternoon good to be back,Dumbarton on paper have a brilliant team but think it’ll be a close game I’ll go for 2-2, Agnew and Smith for the fife and a loy double for the sons!

North?

Archived