Clyde FC vs Club 42

6 hours ago, Adolfo Rios said:

The blatant push on Goody looked a stonewall penalty.

It was a stonewaller - Pyper pushing him over with two hands. If the ref isn't giving a penalty then I'm not sure why Goodwillie didn't get booked for simulation as he booked a couple of Cowden players for it.

Clyde worthy winners. Robbie Buchanan should NEVER be played in central midfield. That is all.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clyde were rather dominant in the first half, playing at a very high tempo which put Cowdenbeath on the back foot. I was perplexed when Pyper's push on DGW was not was punished.  With two quick-fire goals I felt more would follow.

Credit to the visitors who had the majority of the 2nd half and were unlucky not to score. Blair Currie pulled off two great saves to retain his side's two goal lead. Clyde created a couple of late chances which on another day may have killed the game there and then.

Thought Mcniff and Rumsby played well yesterday against particularly Sheerin. As Danny alluded  yesterday to the fact he hoped to harden the team up defensively, early signs suggest this may come to fruition. 

Going forward the ability and talent is unquestionable. There does seem to be a real unity within Clyde at the moment. Early days of course but 2-0 is a good start.

I.ll b honest. We looked v average. Were no a bad team but we severly miss a David gornley type. Run the channels. Non stop for the cause. Goodwillie is playin the creator n goalscorer. Cant happen every game

To paraphrase Arnie in Raw Deal, “ You should not drink and post”!

10 hours ago, The_Pit_Owns said:

It was a stonewaller - Pyper pushing him over with two hands. If the ref isn't giving a penalty then I'm not sure why Goodwillie didn't get booked for simulation as he booked a couple of Cowden players for it.

Clyde worthy winners. Robbie Buchanan should NEVER be played in central midfield. That is all.

Pyper does that every game.

17 minutes ago, Clyde soccer trendy said:

Cowdung fans commenting on attendances is laughable. Well done though to the 20 who travelled through.

There was way more than 20 in the away end more like 100 or so.

17 minutes ago, the_bully_wee said:

Let's not get into this. Gary Bollan looked like a giant potato wrapped in bin bags yesterday.

Talking about folk wearing bin bags anyone know the old boy who looked like someone who can come out a skip and was arguing back and forward with some of the Cowden fans.

Talking about folk wearing bin bags anyone know the old boy who looked like someone who can come out a skip and was arguing back and forward with some of the Cowden fans.

The mascot coordinator you mean?

No idea just seen him arguing with a few of our fans don't really bother about that stuff myself.

I thought I seen our mascot guy having a few words exchanged but he certainly can’t be called old. Could have been someone else.

18 minutes ago, Adolfo Rios said:

I thought I seen our mascot guy having a few words exchanged but he certainly can’t be called old. Could have been someone else.

It was a guy with a bit of a grey beard and a black jacket from what I can recall it was in the 1st half.

Archived