Clyde FC vs Club 42

You are one dumb weegie. Hope you are not an accountant. I'll go for 2-2.

Oh dear! Confusion over this marvellous and playful thread was cleared up on Sunday the 29th of last month.

Do keep up.

By the way , why the insult?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, maxruby said:

Oh dear! Confusion over this marvellous and playful thread was cleared up on Sunday the 29th of last month.

Do keep up.

By the way , why the insult?

General ‘your father was a hamster and your mother smells of elderberries’ type of insult to our cousins from the west. But also because you support the same team as james clyde. . Now he is a proper dumb f*ck. 

General ‘your father was a hamster and your mother smells of elderberries’ type of insult to our cousins from the west. But also because you support the same team as james clyde. . Now he is a proper dumb f*ck. 

James Clyde is as much a Clyde fan as you are.

A good start. It was pretty comfortable really.  We were very good in the first half and Cowdenbeath were never really in the game.

In the second half we weren’t anywhere near as convincing with Currie making two great saves but even still, Goodwillie hit the post and McGurn made a good save at the end to tip over Stewart’s freekick.

I expected a bit more from Jason Talbot at LB but Cowdenbeath, as mentioned above, will be fine this year, one would think. Jordan Sheerin was absolutely laughable and Bollan and the fans going absolutely mental at everything was mildly amusing as some early season entertainment.

Two very tough away games coming up now. If we could get even four points from these next two games I’d be absolutely delighted.

We may be improved but we haven’t changed enough to make an impact in the top half. 
1 glance at our bench tells you we are only a couple of injuries away from being club 42 again.

Two players injured today. Bad start all round. Hopefully the injuries are not too bad.

Took our foot off the grass second half but we could still have added to our tally.

The saves from Currie, the second especially, were fantastic but I still think even if one had found the net we would have went through the gears again.

I equally get Cowden’s frustration with the ref today. The blatant push on Goody looked a stonewall penalty. If it had been 3 or 4 nil at half time I don’t think there could have been many complaints.

Solid start to the season.

There's not a team in this league that will stick with us playing with the tempo and pace we had in the first half. 

Cowdenbeath unlucky not to get something when Rumsby booted Renton up in the air 40 yards out but other than that the game was played in their half. Lamont and McStay a threat coming inside off the wings. The referee, who was hopeless, was lucky that his assistant saw Talbot take down McStay and from the set piece McNiff headed in (carbon copy of his Stranraer goal). We should have had a penalty when Pyper shoved over Goodwillie inexplicably in the box but got one when Marsh pulled back McStay as he was set to shoot. Good chances missed by Goodwillie and Love to seal it before the break.

Second half Cowdenbeath basically shelled the ball from one end to the other and although our centre halves stood up to it, it kept us under pressure.  Rankin, who had a great first half, didn't get near anything. We were rewarded with two great saves from Currie from Cowdenbeath's ten minutes of threat. Moving Lamont in behind Goodwillie gave us a better out ball and we saw the last chunk of the game out comfortably, looking more likely to score.

Currie, McNiff and Stewart all good but Cuddihy my MotM. 11 players pulling their weight though, and a positive atmosphere around the ground.

Cowdenbeath are better this season as in they're bigger and stronger. They'll scrap out results but they've not much in the way of footballers. Sheerin's waistline is a disgrace, almost as bad as his dive. 

We've already got an advantage over Peterhead and Stirling. Hopefully maintain that after these two away games.

21 minutes ago, David W said:

There's not a team in this league that will stick with us playing with the tempo and pace we had in the first half. 

Said this just after the game today. If we can replicate a performance like that for longer than one half in games - and maintain that over the season - then nobody will be able to live with us. It was brilliant to watch at times, with the only blemishes for me being Rumsby taking a wee while to acclimatise to the brutish physicality of Sheerin and Renton, then the two great chances Love and Goodwillie spurned on the stroke of half time.

Club 42 gave a better account of themselves in the second period after a very poor first half showing. For much of the game it was hit and hope stuff, but immediately after hooking Renton and changing shape a little they caused us a fair amount of bother for ten minutes or so. Of course, before that spell, Goodwillie had missed another great opportunity to kill the game off, but credit is due to Currie for two very smart saves.

Cuddihy looks very, very competent at right back - similar, in many ways, to Stewart on the left in terms of steadiness - and uses the ball far better than Duffie and Lang do. I'd be more than happy for him to continue there; his defensive work was very good, though will be tested against more creative opposition in coming weeks. Rumsby did fine after a bit of a wobbly start, Rankin started brilliantly but showed some loose touches and faded as the game wore on. Lamont flitted in and out of the game but showed that touch of magic he brings. I can't believe the change in Martin McNiff over the last 10 months. 

Would agree on Cowdenbeath. Similar in some senses to the Clyde side of 2015/16, but without the quality of a Scott Linton type. They'll be absolutely fine, but I doubt it'll be pretty for much of the season. Shouldn't be close to the trap door though, which I suppose is the remit for this season for them. 

Two tough away games coming up, but Stirling's result today and their injury list means we should be going to Forthbank with serious designs on taking all three points. This is all a dream, isn't it? I'm half-expecting to wake up and see Max Wright scoring a consolation goal for us against Edusport. 

Dismal first half for us with Bollan getting the tactics wrong by playing Sheerin and Renton together. Didn’t work and we didn’t create a chance.

Second half with Miller on for Renton saw us boss the second half and would have made a game of it but two great saves kept Clyde in front.

Really hope todays ref is not the standard of this season as he was awful. Typical wee man syndrome as he flashed cards and was out to get Sheerin from the start. Not one way tho as he denied Clyde a blatant pen too. He was just pish.

i think Clyde will be fighting Peterhead for the title but only if they keep Lennon as Barry Smith on shoogly peg at Raith.  He could maybe buy himself a decent suit if he goes back full time tho.

1 minute ago, Brazilianlex said:

Dismal first half for us with Bollan getting the tactics wrong by playing Sheerin and Renton together. Didn’t work and we didn’t create a chance.

Second half with Miller on for Renton saw us boss the second half and would have made a game of it but two great saves kept Clyde in front.

Really hope todays ref is not the standard of this season as he was awful. Typical wee man syndrome as he flashed cards and was out to get Sheerin from the start. Not one way tho as he denied Clyde a blatant pen too. He was just pish.

i think Clyde will be fighting Peterhead for the title but only if they keep Lennon as Barry Smith on shoogly peg at Raith.  He could maybe buy himself a decent suit if he goes back full time tho.

I think if Clyde have Danny and Goodwillie for the whole of the season they will beat Peterhead to the title. 

First half we were excellent good football on the deck great 45 mins from grant, lamont and on glimpses mcstay second half midfield just disappeared that said again the occasional flash with some great through balls
The defence played well like Rumbsy no nonsense ( row z when required ) mcniff was good and cuddhy just gets better every game,( hands up I would have chased him last season) DGW is utter class Stewart again is a real solid left back all in all a good start to the season
Cowdenbeath have improved a bit one dimensional first 45 a lot better second half and two good saves from Currie should be ok this season don't think they will be bottom
Did think Boyle should have been on sooner he looked a bit down at the end of the game , but this season is horses for courses and I'm sure DL will changed the team depending on opposition
Great atmosphere today and good to see a lot of fans back watching the Clyde

Archived