Clyde FC vs Club 42

Going to go for a 4-1 win for Clyde in this one; a David Goodwillie hat-trick, and goals from Ally Love and Chris McStay, with the bang-in-form Jordan Shearings to score Cowden's consolation.

Should be a tough fight for us against a revamped and physical Club 42 side but fancy our quality to tell. 

Have at it!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can’t see us winning as comfortably as 4-1.

Cowdenbeath won’t be bullied this season and have filled their team with hatchet men.

Hopeful we can start with a win though and fingers crossed none of our ballers get injured by a cowden thug.

2-1 Clyde

50 minutes ago, the_bully_wee said:

Going to go for a 4-1 win for Clyde in this one; a David Goodwillie hat-trick, and goals from Ally Love and Chris McStay, with the bang-in-form Jordan Shearings to score Cowden's consolation.

Should be a tough fight for us against a revamped and physical Club 42 side but fancy our quality to tell. 

Have at it!

I’d make that 5-1 if they all scored...

4-1 m9, count again.

Ok. Ok. Let me try. A Goodwillie hat trick, well that’s 3 , 1 from Ally Love, makes, let me see, yes! 4 and one from Chris McStay makes , got it! 5!

I win!

( or is “m9” a wee insight into your naughty sense of humour, m8?)

I suspect this will a tougher test than last season and that’s considering Cowdenbeath beat us the last time we played. They seem to have made some decent signings over the close season and have added some much needed grit to the team. Given our lack of any real support for Goodie a tight game is probably in store with it ending 1 each.

14 hours ago, scot-gcar709 said:

I suspect this will a tougher test than last season and that’s considering Cowdenbeath beat us the last time we played. They seem to have made some decent signings over the close season and have added some much needed grit to the team. Given our lack of any real support for Goodie a tight game is probably in store with it ending 1 each.

Bollocks to that scoreline - need to get this season off to a flier (3 points and top of league on goal diff 

29 minutes ago, Come Away The Clyde said:

Bollocks to that scoreline - need to get this season off to a flier (3 points and top of league on goal diff 

Pfft why so unambitious?  A thumping Clyde win and every other game being a draw.

Suspensions would have crippled us in tendentious seasons but, other than up top, we have more than good enough replacements to come in. That’s not to be said Nicoll won’t be missed tomorrow, he will be. We can deal with it better than before though.

I’ll take any kind of win to get the season rolling.

Expecting a tough game tomorrow. Cowdenbeath should be improved but I would still expect them to sit in and defend, which is normally when we struggle against teams. Hopefully we can show some improvement too and break them down without resorting to just firing hopeful balls at Goodwillie.

On 7/29/2018 at 09:19, maxruby said:

Ok. Ok. Let me try. A Goodwillie hat trick, well that’s 3 , 1 from Ally Love, makes, let me see, yes! 4 and one from Chris McStay makes , got it! 5!

I win!

( or is “m9” a wee insight into your naughty sense of humour, m8?)

You are one dumb weegie. Hope you are not an accountant. I'll go for 2-2.

Archived