Montrose -vs- Arbroath

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was hoping for better but really not surprised by the end score. The Smokies are a good side and will finish well up the table. Looked a well experienced side with a good spread of experience and youth with plenty of flair as well. In short they were a team. We were a collection of of individuals who are short of fire power up front. Our strong point is our back line but even that failed yesterday with three howler goals. plus a penalty - which was a penalty no doubt about that. Yesterday the Mo were out of their depth but still 35 games to go and time to sort it out. Even with the players who departed from last season I doubt we would have won.

A last thought. Bolo missed the last two games, Forfar and Arbroath. Just a coincidence we let in howler goals in both games or are we really missing Bolo. The latter I think.

42 minutes ago, MOFOREVER said:

I was hoping for better but really not surprised by the end score. The Smokies are a good side and will finish well up the table. Looked a well experienced side with a good spread of experience and youth with plenty of flair as well. In short they were a team. We were a collection of of individuals who are short of fire power up front. Our strong point is our back line but even that failed yesterday with three howler goals. plus a penalty - which was a penalty no doubt about that. Yesterday the Mo were out of their depth but still 35 games to go and time to sort it out. Even with the players who departed from last season I doubt we would have won.

A last thought. Bolo missed the last two games, Forfar and Arbroath. Just a coincidence we let in howler goals in both games or are we really missing Bolo. The latter I think.

Sounds familiar to what many City fans said last August after 1st defeat at QOS !!! Out of our depth but still 35 games to go ha ha ha . A year down the line 37 league games later still no fucking league win and only 2 cup wins against teams from lower leagues ...

You guys will improve but look really poor up front . Start judging after first 9 games where your season s going I'd say .

Sounds familiar to what many City fans said last August after 1st defeat at QOS !!! Out of our depth but still 35 games to go ha ha ha . A year down the line 37 league games later still no fucking league win and only 2 cup wins against teams from lower leagues ...
You guys will improve but look really poor up front . Start judging after first 9 games where your season s going I'd say .

Signed that Henderson to play upfront but doesn’t look a striker or goal scorer to me.

22 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

I still find it very funny that some muppet in the Montrose stand awarded Matty Allan man of the match emoji23.png it surely had to be a relative of some sort.

The match sponsor was a private individual this week, rather than a group/corporate. I think he let his burd pick MOTM, and Matty must be her favourite player.... 

To be fair all the Montrose House White  you can drink , and it is pretty good, so she was probably not entirely sober!

17 hours ago, Smokie_Bacon_crisps said:

GoPro and Photographs from yesterday at Link's Park! 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/scotsman_in_hawaii/sets/72157696683809812

A79I6895 copy.jpg

THAT was the second most impressive thing Linn did that afternoon....  some goal, i hate to admit it!

Should it have been a booking tho... (which might have meant a sending off IIRC) Seen Gary Fraser get booked for less before.

On 06/08/2018 at 13:33, maz1974 said:

THAT was the second most impressive thing Linn did that afternoon....  some goal, i hate to admit it!

Should it have been a booking tho... (which might have meant a sending off IIRC) Seen Gary Fraser get booked for less before.

Presumably Fraser’s booking wasn’t for celebrating though? Seeing as he’d need to score in the first place. 

1 hour ago, Mexico said:

Presumably Fraser’s booking wasn’t for celebrating though? Seeing as he’d need to score in the first place. 

It was. He scored a late winning goal then did high fives with two young kids behind the goals. He didn't jump over or onto the fence but it was his second booking so he got sent off.

I'm just pointing it out, not having a go at Bobby Linn. Strictly speaking BL should have had a yellow card but frankly I think that's a daft rule unless it's done right in front of the opposing fans. No probs with BL, he's a good player.

Same thing happened to Chris Hegarty at Hibernian a few years ago. We were 5-0 down and he scored a 25 yarder in front of the Mo end - jumped over an advertising board and got booked. None of the Hibs players got booked when they did similar in front of their fans.  Flexible standards at least.

I've no problem as a Mo fan with Bobby Linn celebrating by jumping on the wall. He's hardly winding the home fans up.
I'd be more concerned his foot slipping as he jumped up or the top block came free if I was a Smokie and missing a few games due to celebrating.
Good highlights and only just had the heart to watch them.
First 10 I thought we were in trouble but actually competed and settled into the game.
Gave some soft goals away and although we didn't create too much I'm still aware that Arbroath are a good side and things will pick up for us.
We got the reaction after that Peterhead game at Links and we need to do it again.

17 hours ago, Hammerafc said:

It shouldn't be a booking imo but they have been given. Linn wasn't booked in the game though.

I couldn't remember if he had... cheers for clarifying. 

I agree they shouldn't really be, but often are....  

16 hours ago, Mexico said:

moot point now...  but might've been a couple of season's ago! lol!

Archived