Montrose -vs- Arbroath

Great to have the real stuff back next week. An even bigger derby crowd than usual due to it being Montrose flag day as well perhaps?

For me the only dilemma in our team is who partners Whatley in midfield. Swankie & Gold both done well in pre-season and I might edge towards Gold’s extra legs, but DC loves Swankie so I think he’ll start. Graham could also be in with a shout in centre midfield.

Jamieson

Thomson

O’Brien

Little

Hamilton

Linn

Whatley ©

Swankie/Gold/Graham

Denholm

Wallace

McKenna

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Flag day for the league 2 champs glad you lot can be their to witness it and would hope you clap your hands as the champions enter the pitch.
Tough game ahead but confident we can get something ,would think their will be few signings this week as well so not too sure what sort of team sp will pick.

Flag day for the league 2 champs glad you lot can be their to witness it and would hope you clap your hands as the champions enter the pitch.
Tough game ahead but confident we can get something ,would think their will be few signings this week as well so not too sure what sort of team sp will pick.

Montrose playing a league game above the bottom tier of football really will be a very rare occasion so I’m sure people will turn up to witness it. [emoji12]

Montrose playing a league game above the bottom tier of football really will be a very rare occasion so I’m sure people will turn up to witness it. [emoji12]
I should hope so as well 1320 should be a decent crowd to see the champs.

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Montrose playing a league game above the bottom tier of football really will be a very rare occasion so I’m sure people will turn up to witness i emoji12.png

As far as I can work out, teen heartthrobs Robson & Jerome were at number 1 last time Montrose were promoted. 

They are both in their mid-50's now.

As far as I can work out, teen heartthrobs Robson & Jerome were at number 1 last time Montrose were promoted. 
They are both in their mid-50's now.

Not a big fan of Robson & Jerome to be honest.Remeber this though we won the league in the 80s way way before you chumps!

Not a big fan of Robson & Jerome to be honest.Remeber this though we won the league in the 80s way way before you chumps!

Aye that might be true, but have you feasted at the top table?, tested yourselves and got results against the best

The Mo/Arbroath rivalry is for 90 minutes of play on the pitch and for fans on messageboards. I'd hope most decent fans of both clubs would want each other to do well apart from against each other unless it was last game of the season and mattered in some way. Smokies won it a year ago, Mo won it last season to keep it in Angus. Well done both.

Now lets just get on with the game on 4/August without clapping, jeering or any other crap (except flag flying) before the show gets going. Hope for a good crowd as with all the Angus 'derbies' this season. We are Angus (well I'm not, but sort of co-opted).

The Mo/Arbroath rivalry is for 90 minutes of play on the pitch and for fans on messageboards. I'd hope most decent fans of both clubs would want each other to do well apart from against each other unless it was last game of the season and mattered in some way. Smokies won it a year ago, Mo won it last season to keep it in Angus. Well done both.
Now lets just get on with the game on 4/August without clapping, jeering or any other crap (except flag flying) before the show gets going. Hope for a good crowd as with all the Angus 'derbies' this season. We are Angus (well I'm not, but sort of co-opted).
Let's get minging in the star bar before and afterwards [emoji39]

Thomson missing next week apparently
Il be disgusted if any Lichtie claps Montrose onto the park

If your disgusted by something as trivial as that, you have an astonishing thin skin, let them have their moment, then take the points off them, simples

Thomson missing next week apparently

Il be disgusted if any Lichtie claps Montrose onto the park

A respectful (brief) applause is justified. That Mo title win was a terrific feat.. and turnaround after they nearly went out of the league. I’m grateful the derbies are back.

During the game, the customary dogs’ abuse towards opposition and -depending on performance - officials will resume and of course support for the Lichties on the park.

A respectful (brief) applause is justified. That Mo title win was a terrific feat.. and turnaround after they nearly went out of the league. I’m grateful the derbies are back.

During the game, the customary dogs’ abuse towards opposition and -depending on performance - officials will resume and of course support for the Lichties on the park.

See, this guy gets it

Archived