Ayr Utd vs Partick Thistle

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What was Ally Morrison going on about on the SRE the other day, he done a Sawers and got told to gtf.
Claimed he had been bullied into becoming the Rangers fan he was all along lol, his posts were crap but folk should have ignored him and he would have went away.

Doohan

Geggan Rose Adams Harvie 

McDaid Crawford Murdoch Forrest

Moffat Shankland 

Subs- Hare-Reid, Ferguson, Bell, Docherty, McGuffie, McCowan, Moore

Going 2-1 Ayr with Shankland and McDaid with the goals.

Claimed he had been bullied into becoming the Rangers fan he was all along lol, his posts were crap but folk should have ignored him and he would have went away.
Away to scout for Stevie G, kens the leagues over in N Ire.

When people ignored him be started talking to himself.

Absoulotely buzzing for this one. With us unfurling the league winners flag and Thistle sure to bring a big and loud travelling support it should make for a cracking atmosphere. United are back. 

Unless Thistle make a couple of additions before Saturday I don’t think we have anything to fear. They were dug meat on Saturday. 

Sadly Mark Kerr is out for us, thought he was very good on Saturday. Nothing fancy, just kept it nice and tidy. I’d move Crawford into the middle and bring McDaid in who will want to prove a point to his former employers. Hopefully Geggan and Moore are both back for this, I felt Ferguson was our weak link on Saturday. Storey had him on toast a couple of times and if he didn’t shite the bed every time he got near the box we could of been in trouble.

I’d go:

Doohan

Geggan Rose Adams Harvie 

Moffat Shankland 

Subs- Hare-Reid, Ferguson, Bell, Docherty, McGuffie, Moore, McCowan. 

Absoulotely buzzing for this one. With us unfurling the league winners flag and Thistle sure to bring a big and loud travelling support it should make for a cracking atmosphere. United are back. 
Unless Thistle make a couple of additions before Saturday I don’t think we have anything to fear. They were dug meat on Saturday. 
Sadly Mark Kerr is out for us, thought he was very good on Saturday. Nothing fancy, just kept it nice and tidy. I’d move Crawford into the middle and bring McDaid in who will want to prove a point to his former employers. Hopefully Geggan and Moore are both back for this, I felt Ferguson was our weak link on Saturday. Storey had him on toast a couple of times and if he didn’t shite the bed every time he got near the box we could of been in trouble.
I’d go:
Doohan
Geggan Rose Adams Harvie 
Moffat Shankland 
Subs- Hare-Reid, Ferguson, Bell, Docherty, McGuffie, Moore, McCowan. 

Agree re Ferguson. I’m hoping he can quickly improve as he was lucky Storey had very little end product. If he comes up against a better left winger which I’m sure he will then that’ll be cause for concern.

If there’s any money to spend we obviously could do with another centre half but one that can also play right back would be decent as I can see us letting Ferguson go in January if he’s not up to it.

Agree re Ferguson. I’m hoping he can quickly improve as he was lucky Storey had very little end product. If he comes up against a better left winger which I’m sure he will then that’ll be cause for concern.

If there’s any money to spend we obviously could do with another centre half but one that can also play right back would be decent as I can see us letting Ferguson go in January if he’s not up to it.
I like Ferguson going forward he can take a man on and his final ball is not to bad it's the defensive side that the boy lacks we could get away with that if we were not such an attack minded team we need a solid back 4, Geggan back fit and another CB who could cover RB would be ideal.

Gutted that i'm missing this atm, unless i can get my shift covered but regardless hope it's a fantastic day for the club and anyone know what exactly will be happening with the flag with regards to who will be doing it.

Reckon we'll bring out about 2,300 with Partick bringing down about 1,400 so 4,000 max (probably nearer 3,500 though)

With what I have heard Moore will be doubtful for Saturday , his illness ( not an injury) can sometimes take a little time to clear up. Here’s hoping though it clears up on time great to bring on later in second half 

13 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

With what I have heard Moore will be doubtful for Saturday , his illness ( not an injury) can sometimes take a little time to clear up. Here’s hoping though it clears up on time great to bring on later in second half 

Hope it’s nothing too sinister. Boys been through a lot the past couple of years so deserves a bit of luck. 

7 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Hope it’s nothing too sinister. Boys been through a lot the past couple of years so deserves a bit of luck. 

Not sinister , just painful and very draining 

It's good to see Ayr back and the fans feeling confident. A good team that can be a great addition to the league.

You'll all be wanting McCall sacked by Christmas as per usual but at least you're starting from a high. Reminds me when you thought you were going to win the L1 title ahead of the Pars but ended up 18 points adrift.

4 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

It's good to see Ayr back and the fans feeling confident. A good team that can be a great addition to the league.

You'll all be wanting McCall sacked by Christmas as per usual but at least you're starting from a high. Reminds me when you thought you were going to win the L1 title ahead of the Pars but ended up 18 points adrift.

Feeling confident of staying up this year as you say we are starting on a high, best squad we have taking up a level for many a year , staying up this year would be a success to let us stabilise, no false hopes of doing a Livi, so much in fact even though following Ayr for nearly 50years I have put a decent bet on Dunfermline winning the league

It's such a strange feeling to only have one potential "problem position", ie Right Back, in recent seasons we've had about 9 problem positions where we wouldn't really have missed anyone if injured / suspended and the guys in reserve were also pretty uninspiring to say the least.

My heart agrees with the line ups listed, however I'd maybe show Thistle a bit more respect and play Bell at CH and move Adams in to Centre Mid with Robbie going right and Declan being used from the bench as an impact sub.

The great thing though is that we actually have options and also a pretty decent reserve strength when everyone is fit and free of suspension, there's been times over the past few seasons when I never thought I'd be saying that again...........

Ayr definitely go into this game as favourites. Saying that, I still think I watched a different a different game from their fans on Saturday. Hoping their overconfidence spreads from the stands to the pitch.

44 minutes ago, Nizzy said:

Ayr definitely go into this game as favourites. Saying that, I still think I watched a different a different game from their fans on Saturday. Hoping their overconfidence spreads from the stands to the pitch.

Yes, no doubt we'll come crashing back to earth with a great bump...........

Archived